Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Tactical Combat Of The Elder Scrolls Online

pokrakpokrak Member UncommonPosts: 111

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/05/29/the-tactical-combat-of-the-elder-scrolls-online.aspx

Combat system in TESO; so is it good? I think yes. What I like is;

+blocking for everyone (I always loved active blocking (DCUO) when used in right time)

+strategic stamina use

+synergy system

+monsters reactions and tactics depends on players actions and players actions depends of monsters team work plan;)

(every room in dungeon can bring diferent chalenge)

+end of mobs walking around like blaind when u killing their m8s)

+no skills rotation(?)

+every skill is powerfull

sound good to me. 

Now I like to see video ;)

I never played any TES single player game but ill keep my eyes on TESO it looks really cool.

Comments

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Watched the 2 new interviews and I have to say it sounds pretty cool. Sounds like you also get rewarded for grouping and actually working as a group with the finese thing they are implementing. Can't wait to hear more.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Awaits the usual "sounds just like swtor combat" sheeple and their complaints
  • PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Awaits the usual "sounds just like swtor combat" sheeple and their complaints

because as soon as many people hold the same opinion, that opinion is wrong, huh? but yes. the "no skill rotation" and the "every skill is powerful" sounds a lot like swtor now that you mention it. honestly though, it's not going to be the combat that decides whether the game sinks or not. it'll be other mechanics (gear grind, raids, trinity) that'll be the deciding factor.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Well no trinity for a start, as there's no tanks
  • merv808merv808 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Every skill is powerful? I call malarkey.

Even if that were possible, how does that af Ifect progression?
  • ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495

The way they describe combat sounds absolutely fantastic, for both PvP and PvE..

Really looking forward to this game.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Yes there is! 

There is no mob agro mechanic.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

When did they mention that?

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by pokrak

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/05/29/the-tactical-combat-of-the-elder-scrolls-online.aspx

+blocking for everyone (I always loved active blocking (DCUO) when used in right time)

+strategic stamina use

+synergy system

+monsters reactions and tactics depends on players actions and players actions depends of monsters team work plan;)

+no skills rotation(?)

sound good to me. 

I never played any TES single player game but ill keep my eyes on TESO it looks really cool.

When do they mention that mobs don't walk around when killing other mobs? Do they say what the range is?

No skill rotation and every skill is powerfull are marketing ploys that EVERY MMO says. At the end of the they they all have rotations at least in some scenarios and not every skill is powerfull or "super exciting" like they portray it.

I won't make too many judgements on combat until I see it and wont have final judgement until I play it. There aren't enough design decisions that they mention to let me make a good observation.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by pokrak

+strategic stamina use

+synergy system

+no skills rotation(?)

sound good to me. 

When do they mention that mobs don't walk around when killing other mobs? Do they say what the range is?

No skill rotation and every skill is powerfull are marketing ploys that EVERY MMO says. At the end of the they they all have rotations at least in some scenarios and not every skill is powerfull or "super exciting" like they portray it.

I won't make too many judgements on combat until I see it and wont have final judgement until I play it. There aren't enough design decisions that they mention to let me make a good observation.

They could just skip to 18:20 of the second video and listen to the guy clearly stating rotation.

They aren't saying there aren't rotations, they're saying that you don't have to use the same rotation all the time.  You can change your rotation depending on the situation you encounter, or you can change it depending on the person you're playing with.