Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG returning?

Comments

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Sandman24

SWG is not coming back in any form, and the game is battlefront 3.  Reading and research is your friend.  

"New Franchise" .......... reading truly is your friend.

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350
    Originally posted by superniceguy
    Originally posted by Eletheryl

Is a new game, not even a MMO. Battlefront 3? maybe?. 

It could be a MMO. There is a MMO coming to Wii U.

Now this, unless it is the same thing. Hopefully 2 new games, the Wii U MMO plus this: SWG the Next Generation

It's not SWG, it'll never be SWG again, ever for any reason.  Think of the pure mess regarding licencing just to start with!  It's not an MMO of anykind because Lucas won't have more than one of them running and SWTOR, though bad..is brand spanking new so that's not going down soon.

It's time to move on, SWG imploded under poor management and terrible gaming decisions.  Hold onto your fond memories and move along because the game will NEVER come back again ever..EVAR.

• rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

I wonder if SWTOR will be shut down if this new game is an MMO. We don't want two Star Wars MMOs running around in case they get into a fight or something.

Yep that's exactly right, it's confirmed that the over one million subscribers are being dumped and the game shut down. Lucas Arts said and I quote "SWTOR had no right to murder SWG and steal the subscriptions they had, it's time we corrected that error" end quote.....see the little quote marks? that means it's for realz.

The new game will have dynamic quest events, no endgame and open world pvp, they are calling it "Star Guild Wars 2 the Old Galaxies Non NGE Pre CU Republic".

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by rdrpappy

I wonder if SWTOR will be shut down if this new game is an MMO. We don't want two Star Wars MMOs running around in case they get into a fight or something.

Yep that's exactly right, it's confirmed that the over one million subscribers are being dumped and the game shut down. Lucas Arts said and I quote "SWTOR had no right to murder SWG and steal the subscriptions they had, it's time we corrected that error" end quote.....see the little quote marks? that means it's for realz.

The new game will have dynamic quest events, no endgame and open world pvp, they are calling it "Star Guild Wars 2 the Old Galaxies Non NGE Pre CU Republic".

Dude, "Star Wars Guilds of the old Republic: World of  the secret exiled elder galaxies diablo fantasy."

SOMEONE START THE FUCKING KICKSTARTER

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by rdrpappy

"Star Guild Wars 2 the Old Galaxies Non NGE Pre CU Republic".

Hell Yaz!!!

I'll be preordering that as long as EA and Bioware are producing it, can't have a MMO without cutscenes, corridors and heroic moments!!!!!

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526

WOW i haven't seen someone has delusional as the OP in a very long time (like 5 mins).

There is a pretty high certainty that the new game is called star wars 1313 which is supposedly the code name for Boba Fett. It was rumored a few weeks ago on regular gaming site.

• KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443

FYI 1313 is Boba Fett

• darkbamydarkbamy Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by stragen001

Its not going to be SWG.

Seriously, get over it. Its dead, gone and buried and rightfully so.

It is not dead, it has been on leave, getting reworked

uhu ye...and Elvis lives down the street next to santa >_<

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

Star Wars: Jedi Knight Online is coming!

I can dream, right?

• vyvozvyvoz Member Posts: 24

LEGO SW ONLINE!!!! LOL

• Cypt1Cypt1 Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by syntax42

Star Wars: Jedi Knight Online is coming!

I can dream, right?

I wish.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Its probably just vaporware to stir up interest in TOR.

"Amazing new Star Wars Universe mmorpg coming in 2015!!! And while you wait, please enjoy Star Wars: The Old Republic!!"

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Sandman24

SWG is not coming back in any form, and the game is battlefront 3.  Reading and research is your friend.  

You obviously don't realize how close SWG is to being back.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Valentina

SW:TOR will not get shut down, no. BioWares contract with LucasArts happend only when LucasArts agreed upon certain criteria and one of them was that they couldn't intervene on the game outside of very specific development decisions, and that they can't shut it down under any circumstances. It was the only way the game was going to get made at all. The SW:TOR game, and franchise and where they go with it belongs to BioWare. This means if BioWare ever decides one day in the future to make a SW:TOR 2, and so forth, from what I understand of their contract they have every right to do so.

SOE's contract was quite different, and had basically a lifespan "deadline" if you will for the game, wheras BioWare's contract in regards to SW:TOR has no such deadline.

There is no evidence of such thing. It is contractually based the same. Each year there is a deadline

SWTOR still could get shut down when this new game gets released, as I doubt it will get released this year.

This is like 2008. When news hit that LA was working on a new game, before Oct 2008 everyone was guessing what MMO it would be. Although chances of it being The Old Republic were high, but I remember people were suggesting it could be an Indiana Jones MMO. Then it was announced or leaked that LA were working with Bioware, and then it was discussions whether it would be a MMO or KOTOR 3.

After Oct 2008, LA and SOE both said that SWG and SWTOR would coexist, but no guarantees of SWGs future after it.

3 years later, SWTOR gets released, and SWG gets shut down. If this new game takes that long or even a year from now, there is plenty of time for SWTOR to get shut down for it. If there are not enough subs when it is time to renew the contract with LA. EA shut down games when there are less than 1% of all EA titles playing, but SWTOR may need more to cover the LA licence.

Whatever is said there is no guarantee of anything and if they hint that a game will shut down for another then people will more likely quit

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

nothing breeds hatred and fury like an SWG thread :)

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

As much as I would like to believe the OP (SWG is still my all-time favorite MMO) it just ain't gonna happen. With Spike Lee at the helm we'll be lucky to get a good FPS.

The only chance we have of re-living the SWG universe is with "those" private servers.

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

Thats funny you brought that up. cause the delayed BF3 because of SWTOR..well at least from what ive read around the net.

It is a new franchise so if it can be Battlefront 3, then it can be SWG

The New Franchise could be SWGs F2P marketplace, with loads of NEW items to buy for the game and your character.

• cerebrixcerebrix Member UncommonPosts: 566
    Originally posted by echolynfan

As much as I would like to believe the OP (SWG is still my all-time favorite MMO) it just ain't gonna happen. With Spike Lee at the helm we'll be lucky to get a good FPS.

The only chance we have of re-living the SWG universe is with "those" private servers.

roflmao

you think spike lee has anything at all to do with the tv channel spike?

i havent laughed out loud at a forum post in a long time.

it used to be "The Nashville Network" before it was spike.  oh my god too funny.

that laugh felt good.  thanks  =D

Games i'm playing right now...

"In short, I thought NGE was a very bad idea" - Raph Koster talking about NGE on his blog at raphkoster.com

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

No offense to the OP, I understand your origins here...

But man.. that was a sad sad stretch to think that Thursdays terrifying announcement has anything to do with SWG.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781
    Originally posted by cerebrix
    Originally posted by echolynfan

roflmao

you think spike lee has anything at all to do with the tv channel spike?

i havent laughed out loud at a forum post in a long time.

it used to be "The Nashville Network" before it was spike.  oh my god too funny.

that laugh felt good.  thanks  =D

Spike Lee did try to stop Spike TV from using that name.... thats about the end of that connection, yeah.

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

We will find out on Thursday May 31st :)

http://www.spike.com/press/2012/05/25/spike-tv-launches-into-hyperspace-with-the-world-premire-of-the-next-big-star-wars-game-franchise/

"RETURN TO A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY AS SPIKE TV LAUNCHES INTO HYPERSPACE WITH THE WORLD PREMIRE OF THE NEXT BIG “STAR WARSTM” GAME FRANCHISE"

The key bit that hints that it is SWG is the "Return to a galaxy Far, Far Away"

What other SW game has gone away to be able to return? SWG is the only one I can think of.

Wait untill TOR's body is cold; then we can fantasize about this.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172

Maybe they found the pre NGE code? lol!

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

It's obviously, StarWars: Cantina Band Hero

Originally posted by wartyxwt

Maybe they found the pre NGE code? lol!

Or the CU that was meant to be, that people actually liked. Apparently there was more than one version of the CU, and they put in the worse one.