Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG returning?

superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

We will find out on Thursday May 31st :)

http://www.spike.com/press/2012/05/25/spike-tv-launches-into-hyperspace-with-the-world-premire-of-the-next-big-star-wars-game-franchise/

"RETURN TO A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY AS SPIKE TV LAUNCHES INTO HYPERSPACE WITH THE WORLD PREMIRE OF THE NEXT BIG “STAR WARSTM” GAME FRANCHISE"

The key bit that hints that it is SWG is the "Return to a galaxy Far, Far Away"

What other SW game has gone away to be able to return? SWG is the only one I can think of.

Comments

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671

Not gonna happen. Its dead, gonna stay that way. [mod edit]

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Its not going to be SWG. 

It says its a NEW Starwars Franchise. 

And the return to galaxy far far away just means goign back into the StarWars Universe. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,956
    Originally posted by superniceguy

http://www.spike.com/press/2012/05/25/spike-tv-launches-into-hyperspace-with-the-world-premire-of-the-next-big-star-wars-game-franchise/

"RETURN TO A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY AS SPIKE TV LAUNCHES INTO HYPERSPACE WITH THE WORLD PREMIRE OF THE NEXT BIG “STAR WARSTM” GAME FRANCHISE"

What other SW game has gone away to be able to return? SWG is the only one I can think of.

Maybe you might actually want to read your own link you posted in your OP lol.

Then reread your bolded sentence again. Carefully.

/end thread

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...."

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by JeroKane

/end thread

That is what they called the NGE for SWG in 2005

It could be SWG as F2P.

• EletherylEletheryl Member Posts: 152

Is a new game, not even a MMO. Battlefront 3? maybe?. 

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Its not going to be SWG.

Seriously, get over it. Its dead, gone and buried and rightfully so.

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Originally posted by stragen001

Its not going to be SWG.

It is not dead, it has been on leave, getting reworked

Originally posted by stragen001

Its not going to be SWG.

It is not dead, it has been on leave, getting reworked

ROFL!  At least you make us laugh. :-)

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

/end thread

It could be SWG as F2P.

No, it isn't SWG. Wait until the 31st. Whats coming is fairly exciting but it isn't SWG. By the way, keep in mind this is actually a new franchise all together set in the Star Wars Universe. It won't be a new KOTOR or Battle Front either. Just wait, thats about all that needs to be said.

• Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251

I wish more then anyone else that SWG Pre NGE will come back...But thats not whats gonna happen...It says its the NEXT Chapter in the Star Wars Universe...SWG is the old chapter....And when it says Return to a Galexy Far away it could mean anything...Mabye the Old Republic Games are coming back...But i seriouslly dont think SWG is comin back...

No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
    Originally posted by Eletheryl

Is a new game, not even a MMO. Battlefront 3? maybe?. 

It could be a MMO. There is a MMO coming to Wii U.

Now this, unless it is the same thing. Hopefully 2 new games, the Wii U MMO plus this: SWG the Next Generation

Originally posted by Quizar1973

I wish more then anyone else that SWG Pre NGE will come back...But thats not whats gonna happen...It says its the NEXT Chapter in the Star Wars Universe...SWG is the old chapter....And when it says Return to a Galexy Far away it could mean anything...Mabye the Old Republic Games are coming back...But i seriouslly dont think SWG is comin back...

/sigh

The slogan says exactly that!  "Return to a Galaxy Far Away" .

It means just that. You are going back to the Galaxy of the Star Wars Universe. That's it.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Endor: The Furball Saga

Starring everyones favourite vampire Ewoks, Ella and Edward. Get ready to embark on a galactic adventure of a scale never seen before.

Coming to a browser near you Soon™

• Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Originally posted by Quizar1973

/sigh

The slogan says exactly that!  "Return to a Galaxy Far Away" .

It means just that. You are going back to the Galaxy of the Star Wars Universe. That's it.

Notice I said that Return to a Galexy Far away could mean Anything....Ok...Read it

/sigh

But who knows until May 31st right

No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)

Maybe it is SWG being ported to Wii U.

It was going to be relased on Xbox and PS2, but were caneclled.

• musicmannmusicmann Member UncommonPosts: 1,095
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

/end thread

It could be SWG as F2P.

No, it isn't SWG. Wait until the 31st. Whats coming is fairly exciting but it isn't SWG. By the way, keep in mind this is actually a new franchise all together set in the Star Wars Universe. It won't be a new KOTOR or Battle Front either. Just wait, thats about all that needs to be said.

You seem to be in the know. Care to share a bit more info about what is coming.

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

Cantina Band Hero.

Using the word return would suggest coming back to something I would imagine. It's not like Star Wars games in general have been unmade for ages.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I hope its great and I hope it blows away those idots over at ea/bioware who botched the ip.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

I wonder if SWTOR will be shut down if this new game is an MMO. We don't want two Star Wars MMOs running around in case they get into a fight or something.

• Enforcer71Enforcer71 Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Originally posted by Kabaal

Endor: The Furball Saga

Starring everyones favourite vampire Ewoks, Ella and Edward. Get ready to embark on a galactic adventure of a scale never seen before.

Coming to a browser near you Soon™

LMAO!! 

Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be there,
    80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters.
    Ah, but one, ONE of them is a warrior,
    and he will bring the others home.
    -Heraclitus 500BC

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

I wonder if SWTOR will be shut down if this new game is an MMO. We don't want two Star Wars MMOs running around in case they get into a fight or something.

SW:TOR will not get shut down, no. BioWares contract with LucasArts happend only when LucasArts agreed upon certain criteria and one of them was that they couldn't intervene on the game outside of very specific development decisions, and that they can't shut it down under any circumstances. It was the only way the game was going to get made at all. The SW:TOR game, and franchise and where they go with it belongs to BioWare. This means if BioWare ever decides one day in the future to make a SW:TOR 2, and so forth, from what I understand of their contract they have every right to do so.

SOE's contract was quite different, and had basically a lifespan "deadline" if you will for the game, wheras BioWare's contract in regards to SW:TOR has no such deadline.

SWG is *NOT* coming back, the game is dead & gone outside of private servers, and even those are dwindling down. The game was not a very good game I know lot's of people loved it at one time but SOE and LucasArts both wanted the game to be shut down. SOE has current rights to the Clone Wars game, and possibly more to do with that era. I'm willing to bet that there will be several Star Wars MMO's released over the next 10 years, as I'm sure in reality none of them will compete with eachother too strongly.

• Sandman24Sandman24 Member Posts: 47

SWG is not coming back in any form, and the game is battlefront 3.  Reading and research is your friend.  

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428

its x-wing HD