Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could change / improve 1 thing...?

2»

Comments

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Originally posted by Redemp

Bring back the talent behind Diablo 1 and 2, while firing the current staff.

They're working on GW2 and TL2. ;)

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• heliothhelioth Member UncommonPosts: 53

more skill slots

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I really cant limit this to One thing...

I guess my priority would be though

1. Give us a freaking server browser, they ruined it with SC2, and now again with Diablo 3.

2. Let us play offline

3. Give us more darn skillslots or let us change on the fly like diablo 2 did.

4. Fix crafting, Its crap.

• GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by glimaleite

I'd say remove the locked slots at the beggining. It sucks to have to wait 19 lvls to get some versatility, and theres no point at waiting for having more fun in a game.

But thats just me.

Yeah it does seem a bit weird to have the ability to turn on elective mode and yet still have the slots locked.

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489
    Originally posted by Hrimnir

IMO i agree with the itemization issue.  I mean lets be honest, yes, there was a small PVP community in diablo 2.  But the reality is the Diablo series (and all ARPGs) for that matter have ALWAYS been about farming loot.  They were games specifically designed for the loot whores in us.

Blizzard once again failed on a primary aspect of a game they released, and failed miserably.

Playing in inferno brings no excitement.  No sense of success when you bring that boss down, and see that legendary or green set item drop and wonder what it is.  Instead its, oh a rare, *maybe* this one will have stats that are useful for my character.

The other beef i have is how gradual the power gains are.  Frankly a legendary should be FUCKING LEGENDARY.  Instead its all of 5% better than a rare, except it might have a TINY amount of some specific stat you can't get on the rare equivalent.  Except, once again because blizzard failed so hard on itemization, the primary stats on the rares FAR outweigh the legendaries proprietary stats.

Honestly, i only picked this up so i had something to play with an old friend who si generally too busy to play Rift anymore.  So i wasnt exactly a fan of blizzard in the first place, but this game just goes to prove what i've been telling people for so long.

Too long on top with no real competition makes you lazy. Blizzard has become lazy, and the worst part is you have droves of nutswingers who will buy their products regardless of the quality of it and not hold them accountable.

I couldnt disagree more with this mindset.

There is phenominal legendaries out there....most on the AH are failed loot stat rolls...

Just like theres good and bad blue/yellow "rolls" theres the same for legendary.  Problem were all having is that 2 weeks into the game there apparently isnt enough great legendary loot handed to all you supposed loot whores...who apparently are not into the mechanics of farming but rather just easily recieving the good loot.

Those who like farming loot are going to be pleased that its not handed to you within 2 weeks of character creation.

Go back to a game that hands you exacly what you want first try, imo.  I dont want to be fully geared within a few weeks of playing, i want to actually farm the gear FFS.

You call the game devoloper lazy because you cant get the exact loot your looking for within a few tries?  Seriously?

• ResiakrawResiakraw Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by Crunchy221

IMO i agree with the itemization issue.  I mean lets be honest, yes, there was a small PVP community in diablo 2.  But the reality is the Diablo series (and all ARPGs) for that matter have ALWAYS been about farming loot.  They were games specifically designed for the loot whores in us.

Blizzard once again failed on a primary aspect of a game they released, and failed miserably.

Playing in inferno brings no excitement.  No sense of success when you bring that boss down, and see that legendary or green set item drop and wonder what it is.  Instead its, oh a rare, *maybe* this one will have stats that are useful for my character.

The other beef i have is how gradual the power gains are.  Frankly a legendary should be FUCKING LEGENDARY.  Instead its all of 5% better than a rare, except it might have a TINY amount of some specific stat you can't get on the rare equivalent.  Except, once again because blizzard failed so hard on itemization, the primary stats on the rares FAR outweigh the legendaries proprietary stats.

Honestly, i only picked this up so i had something to play with an old friend who si generally too busy to play Rift anymore.  So i wasnt exactly a fan of blizzard in the first place, but this game just goes to prove what i've been telling people for so long.

Too long on top with no real competition makes you lazy. Blizzard has become lazy, and the worst part is you have droves of nutswingers who will buy their products regardless of the quality of it and not hold them accountable.

There is phenominal legendaries out there....most on the AH are failed loot stat rolls...

Just like theres good and bad blue/yellow "rolls" theres the same for legendary.  Problem were all having is that 2 weeks into the game there apparently isnt enough great legendary loot handed to all you supposed loot whores...who apparently are not into the mechanics of farming but rather just easily recieving the good loot.

Those who like farming loot are going to be pleased that its not handed to you within 2 weeks of character creation.

Go back to a game that hands you exacly what you want first try, imo.  I dont want to be fully geared within a few weeks of playing, i want to actually farm the gear FFS.

You call the game devoloper lazy because you cant get the exact loot your looking for within a few tries?  Seriously?

i think youre confused. Theres a difference between say the D2 system, where you could still get "bad" rolls on stuff but they were still useful, just not the best versions of those items. In comparison D3 is flooded with items that are COMPLETELY useless. Not just 'oh damn i got a low stat roll", but "oh damn every stat on this item is useless".

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Make all single player games offline.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by Crunchy221

Look, im apparently one of those few "1.9%" of people who have unlocked inferno.  Ive now spent now over 15 hours with a buddy farming the entirety of act 1 (with 5 nephalem buff and an additional 43% magic find), and neither he nor I have seen 1, not even ONE item that would be good for us.  The one *legendary* we had drop was a pair of gloves that there are more than 45 pages of on the market for sale and sell for as little as 30k (despite being a lev 60 "legendary") because they are COMPLETELY useless.  Why?  Because gloves are one of the few items that can have a + attack speed % stat on them, but these "legendary" gloves don't have attack speed and instead replace it with stupid shit like "enemies take 120 dmg when they hit you", etc.  So no, it has nothing to do with "wanting it now" it has to do with wanting to see a glimmer of hope, some shred of proof that my time investment is a complete and utter waste.

The point is, and you can confirm this.  Go look up legendary 1 handers.  dont add any filters, just level 60, legendary, 1h. The highest dps you will see is in the 800's.   Now, do the same thing, but with level 60 rares.  All of sudden 1300 dps pops up, on a 1 hander.  Now, even if the legendary had 300 int or str or whatever your primary stat is, on it.  It *still* wouldnt make up the fact that the RARE has 70% higher DPS than the Legendary.  This is the problem.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Originally posted by Redemp

Bring back the talent behind Diablo 1 and 2, while firing the current staff.

Because Bill Roper had done so many great things since D2?

Offline mode.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

One thing that would improve D3? How about make the game less boring the second time through. I enjoyed the game play ( to a point ) the first time through but it is so repetitive the second go that I am havng a hard time staying motivated to even start up the game. Just making the game harder and calling it "nightmare" just doesn't generate any excitment for me anyway. If I want repetition, I will go play a Facebook game.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Online single player needs to go.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

I'd certainly appreciate offline play and it remains to be seen if online only removes the problems with D2 and duping and hacks.  Bots are always going to be there though.