Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Release Delayed By Two Weeks

Comments

• paroxysmparoxysm Member Posts: 437
    Originally posted by Calerxes

Instead of getting into a long and pointless argument of Funcom's past lets see whats happens, you know my view and concerns about the state of the game. Lets hope for the fans of the game that you guys are right and it has a solid launch and success because I don't think Funcom would survive another bad launch.

I think there was some confusion there on both our parts.  I was citing examples of FUncom's horrible past.  I have nothing but lack of faith in them.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by paroxysm

Instead of getting into a long and pointless argument of Funcom's past lets see whats happens, you know my view and concerns about the state of the game. Lets hope for the fans of the game that you guys are right and it has a solid launch and success because I don't think Funcom would survive another bad launch.

I think there was some confusion there on both our parts.  I was citing examples of FUncom's horrible past.  I have nothing but lack of faith in them.

Ah! OK no problem its all good now image, yeah its sensible in my book to be cautious with Funcom and after playing the BWE I'm even more cautious than I was and I hopefully got that across in my posts without seeming cocky. 

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Personally I think there was a delay on the new server hardware and they want to make sure they have those servers setup and load tested prior to pushing the next client update. Hence they get pushed.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Sorrow

Personally I think there was a delay on the new server hardware and they want to make sure they have those servers setup and load tested prior to pushing the next client update. Hence they get pushed.

And not stress tested.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

rift beta's were terrible lol, especially for ATI users.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Finit
    Originally posted by QSatu

Bit sloppy work on their part, as they spammed people just yesterday about the next beta weekend being June 1st till June 3rd!

And now a day later they pospone release date by two weeks and cancel the June 1-3 beta weekend!

/shrug

I'm going to put a tin foil hat but I think there is a high propability of gW2's beta weekend beeing 1-3rd June. I doubt they want to compete with that when it's quite obvious those betas are a marketing tool to create interest.

Agreed, though I think its debatable how much the market between the two games overlap.

You know what is hilarious and just shows Funcom's incompetence again:

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/the-secret-world/deals-promotions

Sorry, i dont't understand. How is that incompetent?

Originally posted by Nitth

rift beta's were terrible lol, especially for ATI users.

I'm not a fan of Rift, I think Trion are full of it and the game is a generic piece of rubbish BUT i run a ATI/AMD card and Rifts beta was the smoothest P2P beta client I've played. Nvidia users had a great experience as well I heard so terrible is not what I'd call them quite the opposite in fact shame the game was crap though.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

Originally posted by wrightstuf
    Originally posted by Finit
    Originally posted by QSatu

Bit sloppy work on their part, as they spammed people just yesterday about the next beta weekend being June 1st till June 3rd!

And now a day later they pospone release date by two weeks and cancel the June 1-3 beta weekend!

/shrug

I'm going to put a tin foil hat but I think there is a high propability of gW2's beta weekend beeing 1-3rd June. I doubt they want to compete with that when it's quite obvious those betas are a marketing tool to create interest.

Agreed, though I think its debatable how much the market between the two games overlap.

You know what is hilarious and just shows Funcom's incompetence again:

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/the-secret-world/deals-promotions

Sorry, i dont't understand. How is that incompetent?

The promotion originally had the keys for a BWE on the 1st/2nd June I got mine a few days ago.

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664
    Originally posted by Kinchyle
    Originally posted by xenpt

Only 2 weeks ? lol  good luck with that

Did you actually read anything? Do you know anything about TSW? Delayed two weeks. Means it will be released two weeks later than the original June release. You get that right? The game is playable NOW. Two weeks means they know some things could be better.

WHat is it with you people?

It isn't playable now. Its got bugs. Two-weeks is acutally a lot of time when there is stuff all ready in the pipeline.

That's said the game is so poor in some areas that people might have confused them for bugs. So yeah maybe it is a nearly perfect bug free game that just sucks really bad.

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519

People actually preordered this game? 

Huh. Interesting. 

Let me know how it's doing in 3 months. 

• letsxhatletsxhat Member Posts: 156

[mod edit]

TSW will be one of the most polished games we've seen launch. It will be compared to RIFT's launch. No matter how much trolling goes on it wont change that.

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Ok, so I have been a naughty boy. Writing from my friends PC now. He is so thight with his NDA on how Beta version 0.9 is holding up.. But one thing is for sure, I am browsing the CB forums now because iit's logged in :D. And feedback is fcking amazing. Hold on your hats folks, I think the final version of the game is coming around just fine for the last beta weekends :D.

Some people say they nailed it totally.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by Psychow

I really wish the cynicism on these forums would stop...or at least slow down on the hate train. 

The problem with cynicism is that its usually applied to everything without making sense most of the time making someone a cynic, in this case the negativity has grounding in the fact that Funcom has a history of broken promises, outrageous marketing and unfinished buggy launches and on the evidence of the last BWE I participated in they are doing it again. No content seen past the starter areas, placeholder animations, a tiny character customisations setup, combat that was changed recently and makes it look odd and clunky, graphics that look like a slightly better version of Fallen Earth (and thats not a compliment). All this and more and they are ready for launch? if people cannot see King Kong waving a red flag on top of the Empire State saying don't buy this trainwreck of a game, then I cannot help, but this is only what the "cynics" on this thread are trying to do.

False.

Funcom has a history of making their games better. Not broken promises. Have you any idea what you are talking about? If they had bad releases, they made their games FAR BETTER after. They stuck to their releases. ALL of their releases ended up good or great games. WHere are you from?

So you agree that Funcom have a history of bad releases? and then 1/2/3 years later their games gets better but they haven't broken promises at release and you accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about amazing really amazing. 

Point is you have no idea the launch will be bad. Funcom has stated  over and over we have not seen the final product when it comes to combat animation. Until they prove to be wrong, just wait and see.

• johnnyblancojohnnyblanco Member Posts: 11

I did report items and did what I was told to do as I worked for a major company (who's now out of business because they were bought by EA.. think C&C).  But I would report these items, come back days later and the items were STILL broken.

So what does that tell you? The first story mission in kingsmouth should be EASY to complete that's like the training quest in EQ2 when you're level 1-20. In fact it's not easy it's downright difficult and if you do not know where to go you're going to be stuck doing sidequests until you can figure it out.

And even if you do level your character you have to go to other parts of the island to finish the quest and god help you if you aren't strong enough because you will die.. alot. They are trying to do too much too fast and it's going to make for a sour game experience.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I think this can only be good...I have not decided on the game myself, but it is what I am eyeing along with GW2.  Might of been better to do 3-4 weeks, if some of the reports are accurate.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

Either people have zero reading skills or are purposefully being dumb but the number of people talking about 2 weeks polish just need to be slapped in the face.

Read the report people.

The delay is NOT to polish the game (although it does allow 2 weeks of continued development work) but the delay is to incorporate a change in their marketing/release strategy. It happens, things change. But please, oh pretty please, stop making stupid comments about the reason for the delay being to work on the game!

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

Either people have zero reading skills or are purposefully being dumb but the number of people talking about 2 weeks polish just need to be slapped in the face.

Read the report people.

The delay is NOT to polish the game (although it does allow 2 weeks of continued development work) but the delay is to incorporate a change in their marketing/release strategy. It happens, things change. But please, oh pretty please, stop making stupid comments about the reason for the delay being to work on the game!

I don't understand what you're complaining about. You just said that Funcom will continue working on the game during the 2 week marketing delay. For some people the 2 extra weeks of development are more important than the 2 extra weeks of implementing a better release strategy. So they are concentrating on that, rather than parroting the press release.

My hope is that during one of their release startegy meetings they'll realize that releasing on July 3rd is probably the worst possible thing you can do in the USA. Yes, I know that they aren't an american company but a large chunk of their customer base is in the US.

• NethriilNethriil Member Posts: 178
    Originally posted by DaSpack

Ok, so I have been a naughty boy. Writing from my friends PC now. He is so thight with his NDA on how Beta version 0.9 is holding up.. But one thing is for sure, I am browsing the CB forums now because iit's logged in :D. And feedback is fcking amazing. Hold on your hats folks, I think the final version of the game is coming around just fine for the last beta weekends :D.Some people say they nailed it totally.

Nice - can t wait to see the result.
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

Read the report people.

I would keep going to work, even if I won the lottery!

Some of us find that polish has nothing to do with it a stupid comment...So you believe as you wish....We will believe as we wish....But sorry, I don't buy what a studio says as the truth, 100% the truth, and nothing else is possible....  If I did SWTOR is a smashing success that has not lost any subs.....Well till someone (not the studio) outed them for a lie...

So I guess dumb is in the eye of the beholder, and the slap.

• TwwIXTwwIX Member Posts: 203

They should delay it for another two years and rewamp the combat system. If i wanted another "story driven" MMO, i'd still be playing SWTOR.

Originally posted by TomBaker_fan
    Originally posted by Psychow

I really wish the cynicism on these forums would stop...or at least slow down on the hate train. 

The problem with cynicism is that its usually applied to everything without making sense most of the time making someone a cynic, in this case the negativity has grounding in the fact that Funcom has a history of broken promises, outrageous marketing and unfinished buggy launches and on the evidence of the last BWE I participated in they are doing it again. No content seen past the starter areas, placeholder animations, a tiny character customisations setup, combat that was changed recently and makes it look odd and clunky, graphics that look like a slightly better version of Fallen Earth (and thats not a compliment). All this and more and they are ready for launch? if people cannot see King Kong waving a red flag on top of the Empire State saying don't buy this trainwreck of a game, then I cannot help, but this is only what the "cynics" on this thread are trying to do.

False.

Funcom has a history of making their games better. Not broken promises. Have you any idea what you are talking about? If they had bad releases, they made their games FAR BETTER after. They stuck to their releases. ALL of their releases ended up good or great games. WHere are you from?

So you agree that Funcom have a history of bad releases? and then 1/2/3 years later their games gets better but they haven't broken promises at release and you accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about amazing really amazing. 

Point is you have no idea the launch will be bad. Funcom has stated  over and over we have not seen the final product when it comes to combat animation. Until they prove to be wrong, just wait and see.

History is on my side image

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

History is on my side

Yeah, and WW3 is going to be started by the Germans, because coincidentally history is on my side.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336

Just two weeks? I am deeply disappointed, the game is not ready yet. Please give it at least 4-6 weeks, please...

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

Originally posted by Nitth

History is on my side

Yeah, and WW3 is going to be started by the Germans, because coincidentally history is on my side.

I'd learn your WW History first.

• JBieberJBieber Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by TwwIX

They should delay it for another two years and rewamp the combat system. If i wanted another "story driven" MMO, i'd still be playing SWTOR.

Is it really a story driven MMO? I played last beta and didnt get that impression? Maybe the story is concentrated at the faction starter zones? I am still gonna play anyway. It looks cool.