Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks like PC Gamer wussed out

WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Their review here. I'm rather suprised, actually. When Assassin's creed 2 came out, they gave it a great review, but told their readers not to buy it due to the always-online DRM.

D3 also got at good review, and they hammered the DRM, but they offered the following advice: "If you’re a friend, and you ask me whether you should get it, I’d ask if you have a fast and reliable connection. I’d make you aware of the problems beyond that, slander Blizzard a bit, then say this: God yes. "

Interesting difference a few years makes, or is it something else? Now my tinfoil hat is too tight.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

Comments

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Their review here. I'm rather suprised, actually. When Assassin's creed 2 came out, they gave it a great review, but told their readers not to buy it due to the always-online DRM.

D3 also got at good review, and they hammered the DRM, but they offered the following advice: "If you’re a friend, and you ask me whether you should get it, I’d ask if you have a fast and reliable connection. I’d make you aware of the problems beyond that, slander Blizzard a bit, then say this: God yes. "

Interesting difference a few years makes, or is it something else? Now my tinfoil hat is too tight.

Where did they wuss out? The person said that they have a beef with having to have the game always connected, but that if a friend were to ask them if they should get the game, they say yes... Why the need for the tin foil hat?

If I really, REALLY liked the pizza from Chuck E. Cheese and you asked me if it was worth going, I would warn you first about the children... those damn annoying children... but on the power of their pizza alone I would tell you, yes, YES! Go, go partake the bounty that is pizza from Chuck E. Cheese...

That is kinda what the reviewer was getting at.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Originally posted by Slampig

Where did they wuss out? The person said that they have a beef with having to have the game always connected, but that if a friend were to ask them if they should get the game, they say yes... Why the need for the tin foil hat?

If I really, REALLY liked the pizza from Chuck E. Cheese and you asked me if it was worth going, I would warn you first about the children... those damn annoying children... but on the power of their pizza alone I would tell you, yes, YES! Go, go partake the bounty that is pizza from Chuck E. Cheese...

As a parent the horrible pizza is the only reason I don't take my children there more often.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by Slampig

What I was getting at was: at the end of the AC2 review they said "Do not buy this game. Even though it is great." Here they say "Go ahead if your internet is fast."

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

"That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!"

That was me, sorry about that Slampig. Will be more careful next time.

I quit reading reviews years ago. At times they are spot on, other times they are way way off. I try to read up on games and get as much info as I can before release. That way maybe an informed decision can be made. After release IMO its just useless to read the " reviews" as most of the time the game and company also pay to advertise in those same magazines or websites.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

"If you don’t have a connection you can reliably play multiplayer games on, don’t buy Diablo 3. Skip the rest of this review. Blizzard have chosen to exclude you completely, and I’m genuinely pissed off by the hostility and callousness of that decision."

How is this wussing out?

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Don't see the problem. Most back water swamps have internet now. Most people that are crying wanted to hack and exploit their way to winning.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

What I was getting at was: at the end of the AC2 review they said "Do not buy this game. Even though it is great." Here they say "Go ahead if your internet is fast."

Times change.

Or a show of bias.

Anyway yes times do change, but they change for the worse when the attitude above is the majority view.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• NizzimNizzim Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

Times change.

Or a show of bias.

Anyway yes times do change, but they change for the worse when the attitude above is the majority view.

Definately some Bias there, I mean if your going to be Live Streaming the game and giving away Diablo gear then your not likely to tell people not to play...