Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PERMADEATH

BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

Hey guys what level you die at? Or are you still going? I will start up again today when I get home from work.

Hit lvl 31 this morn on my Wizard and met my demise in the depths of hell in late Act III... =(

R.I.P Wizzilla

Pro Tip: Don't play with random groups make sure you know them and its your friends.  I had a guy aggro the whole dungeon on me on putpose, in my opinion that is griefing, however, I will not dispute it.  Taken it on the chin like a boss.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Comments

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037
    I'm focusing on softcore at first, to get the experience of the different difficulty levels. But my one hardcore character is level 11 and not dead, lol.
  • dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    My plan for hardcore is to farm Azmodan normal to level 60 then overpower all the content and die of noobishness in Hell act 4.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Just hit 20 or 21 earlier today on a wizard. Played a monk to 48 and wanted to change it up so picked hardcore for the heck of it. 

I forgot how much more fun it is just knowing you cant die.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

Doctor Level 41 -> Dead to lag during initial release and bad servers

Doctor Level 49 -> Dead to lag again apparently not long enough after release...

Doctor Level 51 -> Dead to being stupid and going to Hell with only 22k hp and level 51...   Got insta gibbed by freeze/vortex/waller

Doctor Level 33 ->  This will be my keeper!  Just hit Nightmare... And i'm staying in NIghtmare till 60.  Hopefully by the time i've hit 60 i'll have more than enough gear to move into Hell... 

Unfortunately Demon Hunter is a bit overpowered with smoke being spammable to escape.  When you talk to a Demon Hunter who says "I'm progressing through Hell..."   what he really means is  "I'm slowly attempting to get to Checkpoints, and I run away and log out if I see any gold/blue packs!"  ;)

• styles74styles74 Member Posts: 222
    You guys have balls of steel. You have my admiration!

- John Wooden

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240

Just started HC myself yesterday. Reached level 10 on my Monk. It's my first real attempt to HC in any Diablo game, so I'm curious how far I'll make it and how pissed I'll be when I die image

Originally posted by coretex666
    Originally posted by MikkelB

Just started HC myself yesterday. Reached level 10 on my Monk. It's my first real attempt to HC in any Diablo game, so I'm curious how far I'll make it and how pissed I'll be when I die image

"Patience, discipline"

Be prepared for dying, count with the fact that sooner or later you die and maybe you wont get pissed. If something, maybe you`ll be a little disappointed :).

I think that the feeling of accomplishment when you finish act / difficulty / or even game :) will outbalance the negative feelings you`ll have the many times you die :)

GL HF!

Hehe, well, one thing HC has already got me doing, is thinking my actions through. SC is more like: "If I die, I just try again!" I don't feel like that on HC.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

glad to see all the responses.  I guess we are a small niche considering at best during peak time I see only 463 games going of HC mode.  That is out of 6 million peeps too. We are very puny at the moment... however it makes the game feel and play completely different.  It also seems harder on normal in hardcore compared to normal not on HC...

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

if anyone wants to play HC mode ever with a good player that is not a tool or douche add me to Bnet... my ID is Blackzilla#1900

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780

I'm sure there are plenty of people like me that would like to give it a go but get anywhere from 250 to 1000 ping which makes it impossible.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Played Softcore to L10 just to enable Hardcore;

Demon Hunter -> 7  (too young to handle the Skeleton King lol )

Demon Hunter -> 14 (got carless and over confident)

Demon Hunter -> 21 (died to a game bug, logged out alive, logged in the next day dead)

Monk -> 25 (overconfidence)

Monk -> 32 (...and still kicking )

• galliard1981galliard1981 Member Posts: 256

i played only HC in diablo2, however i wanna complete sc inferno first to know what to expect. i heard inferno is insane. i believe that are a lot more hardcore players like me who just want to make some scouting first.

in diablo2 it took me 8 hours to get back to lvl85. here its definetly longer to reach endgame from scratch, so diablo 3 hardcore is even more hardcore!!!!!!! thats great. but where is the stick, there is also a carrot. i am sure that diablo3 will have 10 times more hardcore players than diablo2 due to achievements. its like pokemon, gotta catch them all. i saw it in steam games. people are crazy about achievements

Playing: Rohan
    Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos

Originally posted by galliard1981

i played only HC in diablo2, however i wanna complete sc inferno first to know what to expect. i heard inferno is insane. i believe that are a lot more hardcore players like me who just want to make some scouting first.

in diablo2 it took me 8 hours to get back to lvl85. here its definetly longer to reach endgame from scratch, so diablo 3 hardcore is even more hardcore!!!!!!! thats great. but where is the stick, there is also a carrot. i am sure that diablo3 will have 10 times more hardcore players than diablo2 due to achievements. its like pokemon, gotta catch them all. i saw it in steam games. people are crazy about achievements

At the moment HC Inferno is pretty much unrealistic. Hell seems okay, getting to level 60 is doable too, seeing that some already got there. The thing with Inferno is that it's incredible gear dependent. From what I've read anyway. Blizzard is also tweaking (aka nerfing) certain abilities on champions that went to easy through Inferno. I'm not one to judge, I haven't cleared Nightmare yet, let alone on HC, but getting 60 on a HC champion and beating Diablo on Hell seems to be the goal for now. For me at least, anything more wouldn't be realistic.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

I just beat Diablo today with my level 34 wizard. =) Well shes 34 now, i think 31 or 32 when i killed him.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

I would love to play HC but my internet is too unstable at the moment to have any real hopes of getting far in it. My ISP seems to be going through a period of constant little interruptions that is driving me nuts. I am in the middle of a big city, so it could just be overload of the networks.

I might give it a shot anyway since I loved HC in D2. I don't mind my character dying to stupidity on my part, but I hate it when it dies due to server lag, rubberbanding, or something like that.

I take it that the OP is on the US server?

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• pirateshakepirateshake Member Posts: 43

I will have been playing this game for a week tomorrow.

Played a barb on normal to level 10 saw i could get on HC so i did

Played a DH some level 32 came in my game and opened a rainbow portal. went inside and got instagibbed learned a valueable lesson.

Rerolled a DH and beat the game on HC normal that day lv 30

rolled a wiz got him to 30 and beat normal HC

now i have a level 26 monk on HC

havnt played my barb on HC yet but i have a level 48 bard on Normal game in nightmare on act 4 as well as a couple other 30s in normal non hardcore games

• AcvivmAcvivm Member UncommonPosts: 323

My first and only death was a level 36 Wizard, killed by the Butcher in nightmare. I got hit with the chain, pulled into the fire and then slammed...and that was all she wrote. My latest is a lvl 60 Witch Doctor which I just got enough gear to start moving through Act 1 Hell, so far I've had over a dozen close calls with some crappy affix elites...really don't think I'll make it to inferno though, but I'm going to try.

HEAVEN OR HELL
    Duel 1
    Lets ROCK!

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Several deaths to lag/rubberbanding. But tonight I lost my monk farming gobbo's in act1 inferno. Pro-tip. Dont play while tired. You forget you have MF gear on instead of real gear........

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,976
    Originally posted by Mykell

I'm sure there are plenty of people like me that would like to give it a go but get anywhere from 250 to 1000 ping which makes it impossible.

This is where I'm at. My ping usually shows green, but then, it's one of those things I don't pay attention to until something seems off :P. This past week, I've had three occasions where abilities stopped firing and it seemed I could move my character, but none of the mobs or my sidekick were moving. A few moments later, the familiar large text "YOU HAVE DIED." and all of a sudden everything is moving again.

Could certainly be my end, so not a complaint per se, but instead just circumstances that have convinced me to hold off on HC mode and just learn the classes more in normal mode. I'm certainly anxious to play HC, and generally don't have a problem dying due to my mistakes, but I know I would just frustrate myself to no end dying to non-mob related reasons :P

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780

Seems servers lagged out and most people playing hardcore died. Some people with a couple hundred hours played. That has got to hurt.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5760136547

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

L57 Wizard died to a fricken lag spike... Nearly 40K HP, 6K DPS, and none of it mattered at all...

Still raging a day later. 

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I am still toying with softcore. I just want to finish Inferno but it takes so much grinding it's just stupid. It's come to the point that I am waiting for 1.03 as at least this way you might get something that's not garbage on act 1-2...

I have a HC monk at level 22, end of act 2. Monk seems to be the easiest class to play for HC.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

My DH got to 49 and died on the first boss in act 4 on nightmare.   I completely derped out.  Caught the entire thing on stream for your amusement.

• Zipp_23Zipp_23 Member Posts: 25

Have 2 HC chars at the moment, both still alive

Lvl 40 barb - it was the first one - still alive, but not currently playing him coz my friend died so I made a new char -

the new one is monk, currently at level 30. But feels kinda overpowered coz i gave him some jewels i collected with the barb.

The monk had 5400HP and 300 DMG on lvl 24 and have little more now on lvl30.

Tip:

dont have all good items, jewels and so on in your inventory, keep it in your chest, so if you die, you can use these on your next char. (you share your HC chest with all your HC chars as well as gold)

dont sell all good items to AH, keep some of em in chest for you next HC, coz it is only question of time, but your HC char is proly gonna die one day

Keep up, good luck to you all HC players

Edit: highlighted the tips