Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: World of Mercenaries: MMOFPS Launches Closed Beta

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

City Interactive has announced that its MMOFPS, World of Mercenaries, is now ready for closed beta testing. Interested players are encouraged to head to the official site to sign up.

World of Mercenaries” is a skill-based and teamwork-focused first-person-shooter developed with Unreal Engine 3, offering  fast-paced game play and a high degree of freedom of movement, among many other features that will be shown in greater detail leading up to the game’s launch.

Head to the World of Mercenaries site for more information.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Let's see.

Not an mmo.

"Matches" with "maps".

FPS.

I believe you put this on the wrong website.

Here ya go, you can put it here: www.fpsguru.com

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• MoeMoeKyunMoeMoeKyun Member UncommonPosts: 82

So they started with World of Tanks, World of Warplanes, then this... Now i can't wait for em to release World of Magical Ponies as well... :D

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Originally posted by MoeMoeKyun

So they started with World of Tanks, World of Warplanes, then this... Now i can't wait for em to release World of Magical Ponies as well... :D

*chokes* LOOOOOOOOOOOOL! :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Originally posted by MoeMoeKyun

I'm going to make a game called World of Diarhea. The endorsement money from Pepto-Bismol alone will set me up just fine.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

You missed World of Battleships

• ishistishist Member UncommonPosts: 213

World of Quartermasters

Not unlikely at all.

"World of Quartermasters” is a skill-based and solo-focused first-person-sorter/first-person-stocker hybrid developed with Unreal Engine 3, offering mindnumbing-paced game play and a high degree of restriction to military regulations, among scarce other features that will be shown in greater detail leading up to the game’s extended paid beta.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

is this the same people that do World of Tanks? because I love that game and would love to see a game like that but with soldiers

• Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Originally posted by Ecoces

is this the same people that do World of Tanks? because I love that game and would love to see a game like that but with soldiers

Not it isnt, its the people that did Sniper: Ghost Warrior.

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

World of Tanks is not an MMO.  It's a lobby game just like this game will be.  I don't care if it uses an MMO engine it's not a true MMO!

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

Originally posted by username509

World of Tanks is not an MMO.  It's a lobby game just like this game will be.  I don't care if it uses an MMO engine it's not a true MMO!

Let it go bro. If they didn't have the recognition from the "mmorpg.com" domain, they would have changed the name of the site long ago to "everycrapgameunderthesun.com".

I expect soon they'll have all games on Steam and Origin listed as well, because after all they require you to be online even if the games are singleplayer.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by eyeswideopen
    Originally posted by username509

Let it go bro. If they didn't have the recognition from the "mmorpg.com" domain, they would have changed the name of the site long ago to "everycrapgameunderthesun.com".

I expect soon they'll have all games on Steam and Origin listed as well, because after all they require you to be online even if the games are singleplayer.

Thats not true most of the games you can play in offline mode :) LOL

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

shooters dont work as f2p its just aimbot city ~.~