Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: 6.3 Million and Rising

Comments

• ResiakrawResiakraw Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by I_Return
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern
    Originally posted by I_Return

shit always floats , don't it...

Good thing trolls are fairly bouyant as well. I hear drowning is a terrible way to go........

shadowbane was one of the worst reviewed games in mainstream media. yet it was the greatest game ever made.

just saying.

There are many fans of d2 who are finding d3 to be garbage.

Well I think thats the problem. So many people who didnt even play D2 but have heard a lot of praise for it basically just assuming D3 is a better version of D2. I caved and got D3 even though I wasnt planning to, and its an alright game on its own but it just doesnt feel nearly as awesome as D2 did back when it came out. Even my gf, who isnt a gamer at all but saw me playing D2 a few months ago and liked it and got hooked on it herself, and now tried D3,  is like "this one isnt as good as the 2nd one". She was excited for D3 after seeing some videos of it and thought it looked great, but she is only mildly interested in playing it after giving it a try and keeps bugging me to reinstall D2 on her laptop.

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

Blizzard Entertainment has released some astonishing numbers a mere week after the launch of Diablo III. According to the gaming giant, Diablo III now sports over 6.3 million players worldwide.

Will be the last time, I guarantee you. Such an incomplete game, with enormous server issues and now ONTOPOFTHAT the mass amounts of accounts hacked.

Blizzard has to be really really careful with their next title. The customers tread more warily now... I for myself know that I will never ever again pre-purchase or pre-order ANY TITLE IN THIS WORLD AGAIN.

For the record: I pre-purchased TSW, GW2 and Diablo. And NONE of them was worth the money (excluding GW2...for now).

• GeezerGaz82GeezerGaz82 Member UncommonPosts: 65

wow, now that's a huge number for a launch.  must be doing something right haha

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by GeezerGaz82

wow, now that's a huge number for a launch.  must be doing something right haha

You mean like using a well established IP and putting up a lot of advertisements? yes they did that right...

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• cscurlockcscurlock Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by archer75

I really don't get it.  I beta tested the game for months and just don't see the appeal.  It's a glorified clickfest on rails.  

Clearly i'm in the minority on this. 

My question to you is did you play either of the first 2?  Cause if you didn't then you have a valid question.  A first time player to this franchise would say something like this. 

Currently in nightmare working towards hell.  Normal mode you are there for the story after that its just about loot, challenge and whatever random quests you might not have seen before.  I've always loved this franchise.  This one has not disappointed.

• cscurlockcscurlock Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by 4bsolute
    Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

Blizzard Entertainment has released some astonishing numbers a mere week after the launch of Diablo III. According to the gaming giant, Diablo III now sports over 6.3 million players worldwide.

Will be the last time, I guarantee you. Such an incomplete game, with enormous server issues and now ONTOPOFTHAT the mass amounts of accounts hacked.

Blizzard has to be really really careful with their next title. The customers tread more warily now... I for myself know that I will never ever again pre-purchase or pre-order ANY TITLE IN THIS WORLD AGAIN.

For the record: I pre-purchased TSW, GW2 and Diablo. And NONE of them was worth the money (excluding GW2...for now).

Did you purchase the first 2 diablos?

• crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173

Grats to Blizz. They still know how to make and sell game designed for their loyal customers.

Funny fact - those who fail to grasp that it's online game, much like say LoL or PoE(hey, I can play it solo why it has drm), call it DRM.

Anyways server problems are already gone for me and I have stable and fun experience.

• Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267

More like 6.3 million accounts being hacked haha. What a mess. Fun game though. :D

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

• archer75archer75 Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by cscurlock
    Originally posted by archer75

I really don't get it.  I beta tested the game for months and just don't see the appeal.  It's a glorified clickfest on rails.  

Clearly i'm in the minority on this. 

My question to you is did you play either of the first 2?  Cause if you didn't then you have a valid question.  A first time player to this franchise would say something like this. 

Currently in nightmare working towards hell.  Normal mode you are there for the story after that its just about loot, challenge and whatever random quests you might not have seen before.  I've always loved this franchise.  This one has not disappointed.

No, I did not play the first two.  They just didn't look interesting to me.  I did play Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights and various other similar D&D titles back then.  I enjoyed the crap out of those.   They seemed....deeper.   Whereas Diablo strikes me as meaningless hack n slash.  Nothing wrong with that if that's what you're after.   I guess with all the hype and development time I was expecting something more. 

Tribes 2 is back!!!! http://www.tribesnext.com/
    And from the makers of tribes: Fallen Empire: Legions http://www.instantaction.com/

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

6+ million dissapointed people and rising.

I just had to.:)

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by Puremallace

Next step sub fee for content patches

I am betting we see credit card pay ware DLC comming from Blizzard. It's such a no briainer for Activision they must be pushing for it. As for the 6.3 million, that's probably just box sales, and since you have to be online to play it doesn't really equate to an actual mmo-like game population. 

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396

Unlike EA, Blizzard has a reputation of quality games (doesnt matter if YOU personally do not believe it, money and sales talk)

I bought Diablo, at its core its really a simple game, but its fun and its not half way made, other than the launch of the game I dont see it wrought with bugs or partial content

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

I dont get it personally.  How does a game D3 get so many box sales and awesome games with way more meat barely register on anyones minds or playlist.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by DarkPony

Crazy numbers and I didn't even buy it yet.

I wonder what Diablo 4 will do when it launches in 2036.

Chances are, with how much Blizzard has fallen and how far away from its roots Diablocraft 3 is, that Diablo 4 will be just a facebook game or console-only fps. 

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

I dont get it personally.  How does a game D3 get so many box sales and awesome games with way more meat barely register on anyones minds or playlist.

Marketing through game websites.

Look how much articles this website already made about Diablo 3.

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Maybe because D3 is actually a good and fun game? who would have thunk that?

*rolls eyes*

• maskmurdamaskmurda Member UncommonPosts: 80

Blizzard sells names. I'm not a fan of the genre, but hell all the crap that they put in this game I don't know how people can play it. Online only single player and RMA are reason enough for me not to play this game. People will always have their opinions but reall this game isn't all that great and it's just selling because of the blizzard title attach to it. Sooner or later that card is gonna get pulled, but I highly doubt it with our market not demading quality any more and accepting what ever crap is thrown at them.

Originally posted by thekid1

Not to mention all the other little facts, like:

1. Bought reviews - the disarray and difference between user reviews and critic reviews of D3 on metacritic proves that. Dragon age II had that situation. ME3 had that situation. This just proves that a lot of reviewers are blindly writing marketing texts about D3 instead of...well, reviewing. 
    2. Blizzard apologists who will allow Blizz to do whatever they want with their games and find excuses for the horrible DRM D3 employs. As Totalbiscuit said in his stance on D3, its "frightening" that so many fanbois are DEFENDING those choices of Blizzard, as if it was any other company like Ubisoft or Activision, people would be burning and pillaging their HQ right now. 
    3. Blizzard fanbois will try to prove that its a "great game" and find excuses for all the mess and everything that is wrong with it(like no statpoints and skillpoints).
    4. Unaware general public has no idea at all that total whopping ONE person from original team is in this and pretty much none of people that matters are involved with Diablocraft 3. 
    5. A lot of sales are gold sellers from china or other countries known for that activity. Which is ironic because with RMT Trading Blizz ENCOURAGED goldsellers and hackers to enter the game. 
    6. Hype and marketing.

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

ok first of all i played  D3 and still am,its quite enjoyable..but here's the thing,why is they love to push numbers our way when its successful,but when in decline they dont release didly squatt.oh well back to D3,have a nice day.

Originally posted by maskmurda

Blizzard sells names. I'm not a fan of the genre, but hell all the crap that they put in this game I don't know how people can play it. Online only single player and RMA are reason enough for me not to play this game. People will always have their opinions but reall this game isn't all that great and it's just selling because of the blizzard title attach to it. Sooner or later that card is gonna get pulled, but I highly doubt it with our market not demading quality any more and accepting what ever crap is thrown at them.

Exactly, just like you have yours so there is no really or truely when it comes to personal opinions. People have been using this line 'Blizzard's name is attached to it so it sells' for how many years now? if it was true that Blizzard makes crap games and they somehow managed to sell games only by using their name, don't you think after all these years they would have milked that option by now?

why the hell would people keep buying Blizzard games if what you said was true? they can fool you once or twice with their name but not everytime.

My suggestion??give up, Blizzard makes fun games which are high in quality, that is why their game sells like hot cakes.

Originally posted by Yuui

Not to mention all the other little facts, like

ROFL...... ;)

Originally posted by Chrome1980

ROFL...... ;)

Bought reviews have been factually proven by more than one incident.

Blizz fanbois and apologists also have a factual evidence of existing. 

The fact that D3 was not made by same developer team is also not something the general public knows or ha da way of knowing, as proven by both their reactions to Torchlight and comments on Diablo 3.

Please try to argue over the obvious truth that D3 is biggest target of gold sellers and hackers in last few years. Please do. The Account Hacking incident this week that was a huge fiasco on Blizz's part just reinforces it. 

The last point is pretty much supported by marketing theory.

So yeah. Facts.

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

ROFL...... ;)

Yeah, I don't think the word "fact" means what he thinks it means.

ROFL...... ;)

The fact that D3 was not made by same developer team is also not something the general public knows or ha da way of knowing, as proven by both their reactions to Torchlight and comments on Diablo 3.

Please try to argue over the obvious truth that D3 is biggest target of gold sellers and hackers in last few years. Please do. The Account Hacking incident this week that was a huge fiasco on Blizz's part just reinforces it. 

So yeah. Facts.

Sure whatever you say..you think you are the first one to pass opinions as facts? honestly, i enjoyed the game a lot and i am one of those gamers who missed out on original game and the sequel. So i am far from fanboy.

But still i can't help but feel sorry for people like you..trying so hard to piss on the succes of D3, but it is like pissing in the wind..only you are going to get wet.

ROFL...... ;)

So yeah. Facts.

Sure whatever you say..you think you are the first one to pass opinions as facts? honestly, i enjoyed the game a lot and i am one of those gamers who missed out on original game and the sequel. So i am far from fanboy.

But still i can't help but feel sorry for people like you..trying so hard to piss on the succes of D3, but it is like pissing in the wind..only you are going to get wet.

From how you talk, you do not really get on what a "fact" and what an "opinion" is

Opinion would be saying that Diablocraft III is an awfully mediocre game made purely as an excuse for RMT trading and the cuts blizz will get from it.  Thats debatable and can be supported or refuted with arguments. 

The fact that Diablo 3's sales are built up upon the misinformation, hype and marketing is not an opinion. Its a fact supported by factual evidence.  Thats not debatable. 

Also just a note but your second paragraph invalidates the conclusion of  first. :)

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON