Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: A Bittersweet Week

124»

Comments

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by MurlockDance

Whatever the case, this spells bad news for not just ToR but all of the EA BW games. Too many people are losing their jobs nowadays. I wonder if it really is due to a drop in sub numbers or something else. I can't believe that it is just sub numbers in ToR that would cause this. After all, they have tons of other games out too, such as ME3 that just got released. Didn't that sell well?

ME3 is another HUGE debacle for Bioware/EA, and although I think sales were high, the response to their treatment of the fanbase was brutal and ugly.

There were broken promises concerning the end-game, and an expectation was placed on the consumers to pay for extra downloadable content if they wanted the alleged conclusion they were promised to begin with.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    I believe Bioware have done the right thing here, they will be able to do more with less and really focus on keeping those awesome updates coming. SWTOR's 1.3m sub base will ensure a stable base for the game, I agree with the writers on this site, SWTOR is a great game that has done more to create a living world feel through its amazing stories, that is what will drive the playerbase growth onwards and upwards. Daniel Erikson is the right man to take the lead.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Beyorn

Do they not have 1.3 million players anymore?  That is still a boatload of money if each one is paying $15.00 a month. 

Humans are a big expense, cut them now to save money and milk the remaining subs.

Look at how companies hire new CEOs, to make more money for the shareholders, layoff thousands of workers saving billions of dollars and "earning" their $100,000.000.00+ bonuses.

This shouldn't be a surprise.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    I believe Bioware have done the right thing here, they will be able to do more with less and really focus on keeping those awesome updates coming. SWTOR's 1.3m sub base will ensure a stable base for the game, I agree with the writers on this site, SWTOR is a great game that has done more to create a living world feel through its amazing stories, that is what will drive the playerbase growth onwards and upwards. Daniel Erikson is the right man to take the lead.

Daniel Erikson is full of crap. Remember his "The game is not losing subs remarks". The guy is a tool. Now he's pushing a super server idea when the game engine just isn't good enough for super sized player numbers. He's ill informed and out of touch and they should get rid of him too. They have enough PR people. The population is far from stable and the game is still bleeding players. That 1.3 number included free trials and free months and was quite frankly disingenuous. Population analysis puts that game closer to 700k. Not a terrible number but it's a far cry from 1.3 million and not a stable number. People are jumping ship like crazy due to BW's refusal to quickly address server pops. Restructuring needs to start at the top not the bottom.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Pretty sure he took Anesthesia stuff from doctors in to his eyes and face before this clip.

Let's internet

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

an earlier poster expressed my feelings on SWTOR perfectly,

joyless.

it's a good shell of a game that, if the right, passionate people had the helm for a couple months could be really nice.  but it feels to me like a game that was made by a committee of business people who did not take the time to learn what it means to be star wars.

say what you want about wow (look at my sig, i aint playing it anymore) but you can TELL the people who make wow love what they are doing.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins