Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Reviews are in....

2»

Comments

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

Connection and server issues are not a factor to the review of a game, as they are not related to the actual gameplay. Of course they can impact gameplay, but that is a separate point completely.

I really like D3. I finally finished normal, and while I felt the storyline frayed at the edges many times (I won't post spoilers), the oterall gameplay experience was quite enjoyable. I'm torn between playing through Nightmare and starting a new character, but will likely keep playing my wizard at least until I hit 60 to see what the remaining skills/runes are like.

I already look forward to the first expansion (see you in a few years...).

• sunshadow21sunshadow21 Member UncommonPosts: 357
    Originally posted by Talin

Connection and server issues are not a factor to the review of a game, as they are not related to the actual gameplay. Of course they can impact gameplay, but that is a separate point completely.

I would expect them to be broken out seperately in the body of the review, but because they do impact game play, I would still expect them to be considered in any legitimate review, and part of any final score.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by sunshadow21
    Originally posted by Talin Connection and server issues are not a factor to the review of a game, as they are not related to the actual gameplay. Of course they can impact gameplay, but that is a separate point completely.
    I would expect them to be broken out seperately in the body of the review, but because they do impact game play, I would still expect them to be considered in any legitimate review, and part of any final score.

i don't think its relevant in this case because we all know that these issues are going to get worked out.

yes it was a rough launch but in a month or two these issues will be non existent and forgotten.

maybe if someone wrote up a launch review they could give the game a D-

other than that it will not matter in the long run.

• sunshadow21sunshadow21 Member UncommonPosts: 357
    Originally posted by baphamet

i don't think its relevant in this case because we all know that these issues are going to get worked out.

yes it was a rough launch but in a month or two these issues will be non existent and forgotten.

maybe if someone wrote up a launch review they could give the game a D-

other than that it will not matter in the long run.

It does still matter. The launch jitters aren't that big of a concern, but there are ongoing issues that inherently come with being online only. I'm not saying that the score automatically has to be docked because of them, just that they are there, and do need to be considered. Taking away the offline mode while keeping the core game the same is very different from if the game had been designed with the intent of being online only to begin with.

• SythionSythion Member Posts: 422
    Originally posted by //\//\oo

SWToR: 9.0/10

There goes all of your credibility.

I actually think that you can invert the revew scores to find their true values.

I agree.

SWToR deserves a 10/9.0.

111% pure winning.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by sunshadow21

Originally posted by baphamet

i don't think its relevant in this case because we all know that these issues are going to get worked out. yes it was a rough launch but in a month or two these issues will be non existent and forgotten. maybe if someone wrote up a launch review they could give the game a D- other than that it will not matter in the long run.
    It does still matter. The launch jitters aren't that big of a concern, but there are ongoing issues that inherently come with being online only. I'm not saying that the score automatically has to be docked because of them, just that they are there, and do need to be considered. Taking away the offline mode while keeping the core game the same is very different from if the game had been designed with the intent of being online only to begin with.

i wasn't talking about the lack of off line single player, i was talking about the server and connection issues.

besides, even considering the fact that there is no off line single player option i don't think its a major issue in the long run either.

because when the server and connection issues get worked out, there would be little reason to play a separate off line single player mode.

people are just complaining about it because of the issues from launch, if it wasn't for that and the servers were up and running smooth always, people would have no reason to play off line single player mode.

i played D2 for many years and the servers went down all the time, never did i go to off line single player to start over on my characters.

theres just no reason for it unless you have an unreliable internet connection or something.

it made sense for D2 to have off line mode because in 2000 most PC's were still connected to the internet via 56k modem

today the vast majority (and a necessity for gaming PC's) are always connected to a broadband internet connection.

honestly, this isn't really an issue at all, if it weren't for the rough launch, which like i said will be forgotten a month or two from now.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

the only reason this isnt a 90+ game on Metacritic is because of the retarded "Absolute Games" and "BigPond GameArena", which are in no way respected or known, having beef with D3 being a rehash of LoD, or connectivity issues. you dont rate a game poorly due to some personal vendetta against Blizz or temporary network problems. pathetic.

the reviews that matter are accurate.

• clankyaspclankyasp Member Posts: 213
    Originally posted by sonoggi

the only reason this isnt a 90+ game on Metacritic is because of the retarded "Absolute Games" and "BigPond GameArena", which are in no way respected or known, having beef with D3 being a rehash of LoD, or connectivity issues. you dont rate a game poorly due to some personal vendetta against Blizz or temporary network problems. pathetic.

the reviews that matter are accurate.

Think its a way to promote their site or something, their low score gets highlighted easily and may earn some visitors to their site lol.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Khurg
    Originally posted by dave6660
    Originally posted by Souldrainer

Insanity.  The game doesn't even work for some people.  Broken games deserve a 0!

Yeah I'm one of the people whose computer hangs every 5 minutes or so while playing D3.  Suppose this happened to a "critic", how would they score that?

Get a good system ? L2update drivers ?

That never occured to me.  Did you think that up all by yourself?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville