Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 is easy...errr wait...no it's not..errr yes it is..wait..noo...

13»

Comments

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394
    Originally posted by oubers
    Originally posted by slicknslim88

I totally agree with the OP here, in fact this inconsistent difficulty is the reason why I'm not too big with the game and am not playing all that much after I beat it on normal.  I roflstomped Diablo, seriously as a Barbarian, I just stun locked his ass till he died with Clobber, it was pathetic and dissapointing.  I come to rare mobs and they wreck my shit!  They heal while they chain to each other, and touching those chains HURTS, but I have to get near them in order to hit them being a Barbarian, I'm convinced the Devs didn't do a run through with a Barbarian in any difficulty other than Normal, because the odds are stacked against them.

The game isn't challenging, it's frustrating what with the inconsistent hit detection, the occasional server spikes where you rubber band, the occasional retarded rare mob roll where they got 2 ludicrous combo special skills.  The undodgeable attacks that randomly wreck your lifebar (I'm talkin to you you freaking angel boss before Diablo)  And let's not forget the sheer luck game of getting decent gear drops as well as health globe drops.  Sometimes I go just minutes of killin stuff without a health globe, it's this inconsistent randomness that makes the game impossible to strategize with.

There is a difference between challenging genuine difficulty, and frustrating and artificial difficulty, and Diablo 3 is far on the frustrating side.

the game frustrates you and yet you cant stop playing it......*hug*

if a game frustrates me it gets uninstalled b4 the box hit the botom of my trashcan at my desk.....just saying, maybe you should play something that's fun for you.

Not everybody quits as easliy as you do.  If I ditch any game that frustrates me, I wouldn't be playing Dark Souls, and I wouldn't have beaten Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 on the harder difficulties.  But I perservered and struggled through and it was well worth the effort.

You quit on everything that makes you frustrated, you shouldn't be playing games...or be anywhere near a woman.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449
    Originally posted by Lagoz

The inferno difficulty isn't fun hard. It's annoying as f*ck hard.

I made it to act 4 inferno as demon hunter before the patch and it was probably the hardest thing I've ever done in a video game. After the patch they nerfed the only skill that allowed DH/Wiz/Monk to solo inferno past act 2 and took even the slight chance of success away. Overall I have to say the run from normal to inferno A2 was mad fun but after that it turned into mad raging annoyance and completely derived all the fun from the game. I forced myself to beat the game but I'm glad blizzard put and end to it with the patch. 

I was hoping for something closer to D2 but D3 has taken a turn for the worse and is going after "tiered gearing" of MMORPGs. You basically have to farm months of Inferno A1 to get that perfect gear to attempt A2 and once you complete A2 the same thing happends again. Not to mention the game is no longer soloable, you will have to group up in certain parts of the game just to get people abusing the rez-mechanic.

I had a blast with D3 but now I'll just roll other classes to 60 (Inferno A2) and wait for blizzard to redesign the difficulty of inferno. It's rushed, horrible and most importantly not fun.

Requiring perfect gear to progress + Real money auction incoming = CA$$$$H GRAB!

It's designed horribly because you can't solo it?

D3 took a turn for the worst? You mean blowing through painfully easy content so you can do runs on the last boss over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, trying to gear out a character who doesn't even really need the gear anymore. - That's fun? Usually you just end up farming to twink out your next character.

I'll take current Inferno over D2 endgame any day of the week.

• BanaghranBanaghran Member Posts: 869
    Originally posted by MurlockDance

What is your point? Is it just to try to discredit my ability to play D2 or something always opting for the "easy/lazy solution". I have taken my fair share of gimped characters in D2 (and in D1) through to hell Diablo and beyond once the expac released, and they were truly gimped or I didn't find the right uber unique or whatever to make my toon really shine. The first year I played D2 I didn't even have internet so I couldn't really get all of the items I needed to get through hell easily, but I still managed. Once I got internet, I played hardcore and managed to get a patch 9 poison dagger Necro all the way up to the end of Act1 hell before he got killed. Now that was a very difficult character to play indeed!

So your fire-specced toon, lets say, would have a terrible time dealing with fire immunes solo. it is not an argument, it is just fact. You can bandaid the problem with ice-damage gear, let's say, and go try to kill that hell-level elite, I did not claim it was impossible, just sometimes virtually impossible, though if you were playing hardcore, it might end up being impossible. Beating on something for 20 minutes to kill it is not necessarily fun.

I have not gotten to inferno yet. I thought I had made that clear elsewhere. I am in Act 1 hell since I have limited time to play and am taking a few toons through. It sounds to me like inferno is meant to be done in groups rather than solo, much like hell-level D2 was for most people. Not sure what else you want me to say? At least in normal, nightmare, and hell, it seems to me that you have several choices in how you can play at least for the WD which is the character I know the best at the moment. Perhaps it is a problem with barbs: most of the people complaining seem to be barb players.

By the way, if you dislike D3 so much you can always just go back to D2 since you seem to think it is so good. It is still quite active.

I am not going to reply to anything along similar lines to these two posts because I feel you are just arguing for the sake of arguing and not really making a point that contributes to this discussion.

So, in a nutshell, you dont know what i am referring to (you will start having the really fun rares in act 2), you invent stuff just to be right, like "designed just for groups" and somehow i am arguing for the sake of arguing, really?

Btw, if "beating something for 20 minutes and kiling it" is bad in your view, try running away from something for 20 minutes, being killed 10 times and still not able to kill it, build choices go out of the window. Add a enrage timer and it becomes even more fun :)

It might turn somewhat acceptable, even easy, in perfect gear (that drops in act3/4, you cannot reach, no nm baal runs for you :) ), noone knows, everyone hopes, but it is still a departure from d2 we can like or dislike.

In Blizzards D3, mobs spawncamp YOU! :)

Flame on!

:)

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Hey OP - beat nightmare and get through first act of hell and lets have this discussion again.