Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE 6.80 USD on Steam

GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263

What the title says (includes 30-days).

Comments

• Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428

"Notice: Monthly subscription fee required after first month. Product keys will not work with existing EVE Online accounts. "

just thought i'd throw that up there in case someone was thinking about renewing their account with the key or something.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Must admit last few days was thinking of starting fresh on a new account.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

6,80 is a strange price to me, why not 5,14 ? :D

BestSigEver :P

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by Salio69

"Notice: Monthly subscription fee required after first month. Product keys will not work with existing EVE Online accounts. "

just thought i'd throw that up there in case someone was thinking about renewing their account with the key or something.

When i first saw it on Steam earlier i thought 'hooray, maybe a chance to give it another shot and see if i can re-kindle the fire i first had for the game' but then saw the smallprint and walked away :(

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by jason_webb
    Originally posted by Salio69

When i first saw it on Steam earlier i thought 'hooray, maybe a chance to give it another shot and see if i can re-kindle the fire i first had for the game' but then saw the smallprint and walked away :(

Fairly standard small print. It's the "Virtual Box" price that is only $7 right now. You have to normally pay $20 when you first sign up. 

I thought this was common knowledge O_o?

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261

Any downfalls with going with the Steam version ? As in patching etc quirks ?

Just curious because I remember when Steam first did mmorpg's years  ago there were some quirks with having to patch through Steam only on some games vs others etc.

So if get the Steam sale and download and activate etc , after that can I go through CCP standard patcher without Steam running for EVE ?

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by Dahkot72

Any downfalls with going with the Steam version ? As in patching etc quirks ?

Just curious because I remember when Steam first did mmorpg's years  ago there were some quirks with having to patch through Steam only on some games vs others etc.

So if get the Steam sale and download and activate etc , after that can I go through CCP standard patcher without Steam running for EVE ?

Yeah, no problem with Steam. You can always...

Go to "Library" -> Right click "EVE Online" -> Select "Properties" -> Click "Updates" tab -> Choose "Do not automatically update this game" -> Done image