Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera EU on verge of sudden death

2»

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Well I dont play Tera but reading that statement by them it says they will remove and gains or whatever from accounts thats have used an exploit.. seems fair enough to me.. if they do actually do that.

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

Well let's hope they get it right.

Tera is a fantastic game, and I am wondering why it hasn't made a bigger splash.

The graphics are simply incredible, the game is precise and wow-level of playable, and the dungeons at 60 are pretty good, with actual mechanics and skill involved.

Some raiding content and BGs and Tera is a major hit just waiting for a major audience.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Greyhooff
    Well let's hope they get it right.Tera is a fantastic game, and I am wondering why it hasn't made a bigger splash.The graphics are simply incredible, the game is precise and wow-level of playable, and the dungeons at 60 are pretty good, with actual mechanics and skill involved.Some raiding content and BGs and Tera is a major hit just waiting for a major audience.

Tera adds 'action' combat, but not much else in the way of game play. There's no particular reason it should make a big splash.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Jaggens
    So much irony in these news.Forgive me for that evil grin, but I'm banned from this game by country (only way to login is vpn), and Enmasse reason was "to ban potential cheaters and hackers that will ruin game for everyone". Ah, sweet sweet irony...

Good job EnMasse, your competence is unmatched! /faceslap

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819
    Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by Jaggens
    So much irony in these news.

Forgive me for that evil grin, but I'm banned from this game by country (only way to login is vpn), and Enmasse reason was "to ban potential cheaters and hackers that will ruin game for everyone". Ah, sweet sweet irony...

I don't really get the statement you made Jaggens and maybe Alot will clarify it .

EnMasse banned you because you are a cheater, but because they banned you for cheating its an Irony??

Or is it you are not an Cheater but EnMasse banned you anyways, then I understand it, but the whole thread is about whether or not they will ban anyone. So if they did ban you, we already knows that they will take Exploiting seriously and will act on it.

I don't understand where the Irony is?

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

The irony is that its made of iron =D

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Lucioon
    Originally posted by Alot   Originally posted by Jaggens So much irony in these news.   Forgive me for that evil grin, but I'm banned from this game by country (only way to login is vpn), and Enmasse reason was "to ban potential cheaters and hackers that will ruin game for everyone". Ah, sweet sweet irony...
    I don't really get the statement you made Jaggens and maybe Alot will clarify it .

EnMasse banned you because you are a cheater, but because they banned you for cheating its an Irony??

Or is it you are not an Cheater but EnMasse banned you anyways, then I understand it, but the whole thread is about whether or not they will ban anyone. So if they did ban you, we already knows that they will take Exploiting seriously and will act on it.

They blocked certain (poor) countries, in order to prevent people "with a tendency to cheat and hack" from ruining the game for everybody. These countries are now blocked and EnMasse is still getting cheaters that ruin the game for everyone.

And unlike the people from these blocked countries, the cheaters only get temporary bans.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Well, the "exploit" is a mistake on their part really. There are three kind of enchantment dusts, depending on quality the higher ups are very expensive. After the patch it was possible to use the low level dusts for mid level enchants.

On another note, the NPC merchants that sell the higher dusts are not active atm, due to them being tied to the Vanarch system and Vanarchs are still elected as we speak.

Personally I'd roll their items back to the appropriate enchant level and they'd have to live with the loss of the equipment used for those enchants  (you still need to burn same tier gear). It's not like people could go out of their way to find a loophole to cheat the system, the latest patch was the culprit that allowed it. Was it intended? No. Did the players went out of their way to break the game to gain an advantage? No either.

Btw, I've never used this exploit.

• BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180

Well tbh honest it all doesnt even matter. Tera has 10 realms in EU. Even if their cap is 10k then u have 100k subscribers. With tera being nothing new, the  lack of content, bugs and exploits, down-times and games that are close to release. This game will be dead or itll survive as a niche game played by a few.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754

Can't people ever play a game for the enjoyment of it anymore without cheating??

Originally posted by Jaggens So much irony in these news.   Forgive me for that evil grin, but I'm banned from this game by country (only way to login is vpn), and Enmasse reason was "to ban potential cheaters and hackers that will ruin game for everyone". Ah, sweet sweet irony...

They blocked certain (poor) countries, in order to prevent people "with a tendency to cheat and hack" from ruining the game for everybody. These countries are now blocked and EnMasse is still getting cheaters that ruin the game for everyone.

And unlike the people from these blocked countries, the cheaters only get temporary bans.

Wow thats messed up, they actually ban poor countries from receiving their games.

Okay I understand the statements now. Thats just poor practices

Originally posted by Theocritus

Can't people ever play a game for the enjoyment of it anymore without cheating??

Unfortunately those that cheat does it for their enjoyment without regards to others.

Its their ability to cheat that gives them their enjoyment.

Don't tell me that you never activated an GOD mode in your games if you found them, thats what Gamefaqs were for, cheats and exploits and secrets.

Not saying cheating is good, its horrible for an MMO where when you cheat you affect everyone. Its just that its human nature to exploit when the situation presents itself. ( sorry if i offend anyone )

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

Hmm something similar to this happened in TOR right after a patch.  People were making stupid amounts of credits, but Bioware were pretty quick fixing it (within hours) and I think they banned people exploiting it heavily, or at least removed what they gained.

You can't just leave stuff like this in an MMO though.  The longer you do nothing the more it screws the game up and the harder it is to fix the database and remove bad stuff from it.  It might have pissed people off, but they should have taken down servers or dissabled the effected content until it was fixed.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by Jaggens So much irony in these news.   Forgive me for that evil grin, but I'm banned from this game by country (only way to login is vpn), and Enmasse reason was "to ban potential cheaters and hackers that will ruin game for everyone". Ah, sweet sweet irony...

Wow thats messed up, they actually ban poor countries from receiving their games.

Okay I understand the statements now. Thats just poor practices

Don't fall for his spin. It's not about income level but about level of support issues. They weighed the pros and cons of having to deal with the typical support problems that come predominantly from certain countries and made their call on whether to support those countries or not.

Right, wrong or otherwise... here is EnMasse's support item on the matter:

https://tera-support.enmasse.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/153

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Zinzan
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Mannish

If they do a rollback then what about the people who worked hard for their stuff and earned it legit? The good just have to suffer with the bad?

Ehhh.... ever heard about individual rollbacks?

That's how SOE dealt with exploiters in EQ2.

Thats a bit nonsensical if it's true, if you mean rollback for individual accounts or characters then why not just ban those cheaters and exploiters instead? Why would they bother rolling back the accounts of players who knowingly cheat and exploit? They will just find another way.

Server rollbacks are a far more readily used and more widely accepted method, ok it sucks for players who get penalised through no fault of their own, but if they TRULY care about the health of the game thay play they will welcome a small fix now to prevent a bigger issue later.

1) The rollback itself is a penalty enough for most players.

2) They dont want to lose paying subscribers.

3) It prevents them having to listen to sob stories about how the person didnt know and how unfair it is.

4) SoE screws up so much they would have no customers left if they banned everyone who exploited a loophole (like getting shards in grey zones back in TSO for instance, I dont know of anyone who didnt do it).

5) Server rollbacks punish everyone, including the vast majority who were completely unaware of the exploit. In a grindy game like TERA the last thing people want is to have to repeat the same boring quests they did yesterday.