Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes: First Ever Trailer Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Gazillion Entertainment has released the first ever trailer for its upcoming MMO called Marvel Heroes. In Marvel Heroes, players will be able to become any one of the heroes embodied within the Marvel canon of work. Devs also describe the game as an action RPG with persistent MMO qualities. Enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

Why don't they just come right out and call this "Ultimate Alliance: Online"?

"No one wants to create their own character......". Brian Michael Bendis.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Hmm... so it's 'Super Hero Squad' for older kids?? I don't think this is what a lot of Marvel fans want from a Marvel 'MMORPG'.  I think like many companies trying to create an MMORPG with an established IP... they're missing the point.

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Fire this man immediately. He's likely already done more than enough damage.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• BanegrivmBanegrivm Member UncommonPosts: 262

That dude has no clue about role playing games at all. Is that guy the same guy that also said that role players will love playing already established characters that aren't theirs and that they have no stake in because they didn't create them? People that don't understand role playing games, shouldn't make them.

Banegrivm
    Leader of the 1st Fist of Light
    www.1stfistoflight.com

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381

Hmmm yeh, gonna pass on this one. What's the point i I can't create my own superhero!

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I'll pass. I'd rather play Marvel Vs Capcom if I am selecting already made characters.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

So, are all the comments on this story going to be the same "boo hoo we can't create our own characters" cries as has been the case for the discussion following every story about this game since it was announced? We get it, it's not a popular choice- you're not adding anything new.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Looks ok for a console game maybe. Camera angles suck. They might as well have made a new online version of Gauntlet.

"No one wants to make their own hero".......funny..how did superhero comic-books get fucking made in the first place. Bendis is an idiot.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Hmm...Well that was a little surprising but none the less could still end up being a good game. 

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

That looked like diablo type game with marvel setting and heroes.  Doesn't sound like an MMORPG to me.  No wonder it didn't make sense all this time about us playing as actual superhero characters from the comics.  Now it does.  I kept picturing 3rd person gameplay in a persistant world a la most MMORPGs like WoW, Lotro, EQ2, Rift, etc.  Man this genre has way to many niche type games with their own playstyles all under one label.  That's gotta change.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
  • BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    Originally posted by pierth

So, are all the comments on this story going to be the same "boo hoo we can't create our own characters" cries as has been the case for the discussion following every story about this game since it was announced? We get it, it's not a popular choice- you're not adding anything new.

Th OP wasn't a discussion topic per se.....it was an announcement of a new trailer ..so..yes...people are going  to complain about the same stupid design choice.

Face it though,,,all the other Super MMOs aren't that great.imo. So maybe they are wise in not making this a full-blown MMO. Maybe it will make fistfulls of cash. Who knows?

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Ouch, apart from the constant cut scene flashes did that remind anyone else of Streets of Rage for the old Sega console?

Champions Online was originally meant to be the Marvel MMO before they severed ties with Cryptic. I can understand why they wanted to go a different direction, but this?

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Kill it with fire!

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

looks kinda boring to me to be honest

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312

I guess you can't create your own hero, but you can customize the pre-made ones....prolly be fun to test out....

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258

Looks like what the campaign mode for Marvel vs. Capcom would be like if it did have one

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

With such a rich and established IP, I expected much more than something that looked like Diablo.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Looks like Marvel Ultimate Alliance. While I liked that game, Marvel Heroes is apparently going to be F2P so we'll see how that goes. Not sure how I feel about being Deadpool#4452 though. How would you even explain having multiple copies of Spider-man or Captain America?

I'll try it once it launches. I like the Marvel IP and wanted a Marvel MMO for years. Besides, the game is going to be free so at the very least I can give it a fair try.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,500

Well, MH gameplay (from the brief snippets shown) looks pretty bland. Gameplay and character customization are what I look forward to in a game and it appears that they plan to deliver on neither of those. I guess I'll be getting what I paid for it...  :)

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by TruthXHurts

I'll pass. I'd rather play Marvel Vs Capcom if I am selecting already made characters.

You mean Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3... Nova, Kl'rt and Doom for the win!!!

• arescagearescage Member Posts: 20

Anyone see how pointless making your own hero in DCUO was? Everybody just made all the heroes that they couldn't play as anyway. They know people play Super Hero MMOs for the heroes, not for ugly cos-play clones. I must have seen nothing but Superman, Flash, Green Lantern and Batman clones in DCUO and all of them looked lame compared to the actual heroes who they onbviously wanted foremost.

It was also pretty stupid of DC to do that since people also wound up making a bunch of Marvel heroes in their game. Marvel as a buisness is smart for only promoting their brand and not the compitition. Besides, I loved Ultimate Alliance and now I have it with even more characters and persistent online for free.

It may not be every bodies taste, but there are a bunch of other Super hero MMOs that let you make your character and have WoW-ish features. No need for another clone.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

I bet it will be fun like diablo, but probably not much more, and not filling an mmo gap.

• DreyderDreyder Member Posts: 25

OMG this man is an idiot.

Gimme CoH2 already !!!!

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Originally posted by arescage

It may not be every bodies taste, but there are a bunch of other Super hero MMOs that let you make your character and have WoW-ish features. No need for another clone.

Only coh is a fleshed out super hero mmo at this point, and it came out before WoW, there's also no marvel mmo and some of us prefer marvel world and characters. 

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by Dreyder

OMG this man is an idiot.

Gimme CoH2 already !!!!

That i'll second.