Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I owe all of you an apology.

Comments

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

there are some things I loved about the game like the Cut scenes, quests, story line, animations, companions, production value in general,  and there are some thinks i dis like for example The Space Game, PvP, crafting,  All in all a pretty good game , unfortunately I dont think they can improve the space game and that is paramount for me

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Kwon

I want to apologize to all of you. 

But I just can’t seem to stop having a great deal of fun playing SWTOR.  I’ve tried to be mainstream and hate it like the rest of you, but I have failed.  I simply love the game.

I just finished leveling my third character to 50 and couldn’t wait to start my 4th (Gunslinger baby!). 

I promise I will double my efforts being a hater and do whatever it takes to not have fun playing.  I won’t disappoint you!

Ion,
    Leader of ION on the Giradda the Hutt server.

You know what I do, every year I eat limburger cheese, thin sliced onion and a touch of parsley on a nice pumpernickel rye.    It's what my grandpa ate in the old world.  And, every year, I eat it here in America in rememberance of just how bad the old world  (Ukraine) was in the late 1800's...   And while my wife and daughters think I'm crazy for doing it, there I am, every year on the anniversary of his death, eating those Limburger and onion sandwiches.

So, thank you for playing SWTOR.  Someone has to do it.  And I'd rather it be you than me...   Because Limburger sandwiches one day a year is enough bad taste in my mouth to last a year.  

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by Krimzin

50 Sniper
    50 Powertech
    50 Sorc
    50 Operative
    50 Juggernaut
    24 Marauder

But I just cant do it anymore. Completely bored with the game. If there was a better end game then I would still be playing.
    I loved leveing all the toons and the different story lines.
    I play to raid and swtor developers dont have a grasp on end game content.

As much as I despise Blizzard.. atleast they had an abundance of Raid Content.

Probably the single greatest reason for the OP's (and others in this thread) satisfaction with the game.

But if a person came hoping to play a more fully featured MMORPG they probably left disappointed.

No doubt the title appeals to the story loving crowd, and of course fans of the IP but not to many other folks.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by nyxium

"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."

Made me laugh image

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Probably the single greatest reason for the OP's (and others in this thread) satisfaction with the game.

But if a person came hoping to play a more fully featured MMORPG they probably left disappointed.

No doubt the title appeals to the story loving crowd, and of course fans of the IP but not to many other folks.

Mmm...not sure about that. I am part of that story loving crowd and no way could I see myself leveling an alt in this game. Frankly, I think because the planet story lines are fairly fucking awful outside one that stands out. The rest are rather cliche, predictable, and incredibly dull. The class ones aren't bad. Those are interesting but the planet ones...man they suck. Main reason I wrote off making an alt was having to go through that shit again with the planets and other  side questing.

Whereas other games...I have done their story line several times and not batted an eye.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• negacrowbarnegacrowbar Member Posts: 149

I am glad that you are enjoying this game. If I never played every other cookiw cutter MMO out there, I might like this game to, but ...

when my arrow hovers over a launch icon and I have to convince myself that I really want to play this game...

when i log in and then immediately log off....

when I curse myself and say go ahead and play already....

when i log in again and see that I am still stuck in my ship, the same way I was last time I had this argument with myself and then I log off again...

that is when I know I dont want to play this game again...

I know its me and not you...I dont find any pleasure playing SWTOR...none...

But it is not only SWTOR, but every other game still on my computer...AOC, LOTRO, WOW, Tera, DDO...heck even Skyrim and Witcher 2...they do not hold my interest any more....

What I am currently playing is DayZ and I can't wait to long on even if its is buggy as hell and sometimes impossible to find a server...

So, enjoy SWTOR while you can....

• ShmackpappyShmackpappy Member Posts: 75

But I just can’t seem to stop having a great deal of fun playing SWTOR.  I’ve tried to be mainstream and hate it like the rest of you, but I have failed.  I simply love the game.

I just finished leveling my third character to 50 and couldn’t wait to start my 4th (Gunslinger baby!). 

I promise I will double my efforts being a hater and do whatever it takes to not have fun playing.  I won’t disappoint you!

Ion,

You guys just take this stuff way to seriously.  It is just a game.  Yes, that's right.  Take a look out your window every now and then and see the world outside.  I will never understand the emotional attachment people have with MMOs.  If you enjoy the game then play it.  Others will not like it and that's ok too.

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517

Ion,

You should never apologize for having fun... As long as you are having fun playing a game you should keep playing it. Unfortunately most of the people playing it stopped having fun at some point, and they have lost enough population that they have announced lay-offs from the SWTOR team.

I don't wish for anyone to lose their job and I don't want anyone to lose their sense of fun...

So what I say to you is keep playing it till you stop having fun, and then come join the rest of us playing GW2. ;)

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Hey, at least you admit you have a problem, it is nice to see. 

• KwonKwon Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Originally posted by Xthos

First sign of a problem is denial.  

Its a very good game that is in the top 4 ALL TIME subscriptions.  Only WoW, Aion, and Lineage have done better.

Once they tune up server populations through moves, mergers, and a better grouping options the game will be nearly perfect for me and what makes me have fun in an MMO.  Far superior to nearly 95% of the other games on the market right now.

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

I'm pretty jelly to be completely honest. I wish I could find an MMO that grabs and pulls me into it, to become part of its community, to call it "home". 

So, while I personally didn't make it past level 30 before unsubbing, I'm glad at least some people have an MMO they truly enjoy.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326

Seeing that I have never played the game, and therefore haven't been tainted by the ingame propaganda, I feel my opinion is much more valid than an actual players. So I am glad to hear that even though you may feel convinced you are having a good time, you at least see the error in your ways.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Ion,

No need to apologize, some like it, some don't. You're allowed your own opinion just like everyone else. I won't ever apologize for not liking SWTOR and you should never apologize for liking it.

To each their own :P

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

Ion,

Glad you are having fun

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Its a very good game that is in the top 4 ALL TIME subscriptions.  Only WoW, Aion, and Lineage have done better.

Once they tune up server populations through moves, mergers, and a better grouping options the game will be nearly perfect for me and what makes me have fun in an MMO.  Far superior to nearly 95% of the other games on the market right now.

SWTOR subscriptions are rather superficial atm, and were achieved by the hype, and then making the most of the game,  especially if people bought the collectors edition, as they paid for it, and can not resell it. Other MMOs subs are more real as mostly achiveed by people actually playing and liking the game.

Once the subs stop dcelining then we shall see how it rates to other MMOs

I'm beginning to wonder if you actually like the game or are liking it because of the current "success", and that once it becomes dead, you will just move on to the next best top MMO.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by superniceguy

SWTOR subscriptions are rather superficial atm, and were achieved by the hype, and then making the most of the game,  especially if people bought the collectors edition, as they paid for it, and can not resell it. Other MMOs subs are more real as mostly achiveed by people actually playing and liking the game.

Once the subs stop dcelining then we shall see how it rates to other MMOs

I'm beginning to wonder if you actually like the game or are liking it because of the current "success", and that once it becomes dead, you will just move on to the next best top MMO.

^ the only real difference between this and games like WAR is swtor had little to no new competition at release had a huge IP + big name company creating it... I'm actually suprised the initial sales weren't closer to like 5 mil myself.. So obviously the decline would take longer than others to decline, to top it off it really has had no real "new" competition until just recently anyway.. for whatever reason people still cling to it's initial sales being great is any indicator of it being a great game which is silly to me for a subscription based game

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

First sign of a problem is denial.  Its a very good game that is in the top 4 ALL TIME subscriptions.  Only WoW, Aion, and Lineage have done better.Once they tune up server populations through moves, mergers, and a better grouping options the game will be nearly perfect for me and what makes me have fun in an MMO.  Far superior to nearly 95% of the other games on the market right now. 

Aion and Lineage are/were rather "flops" on western market. All their success they had was in Asia.

• madjonNZmadjonNZ Member Posts: 143

Hey I think its great that Kwon and a few others are really enjoying swtor....

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754

I was leary of SWTOR from the get go......Not many MMOs have a 60 dollar price tag...It almost felt like they were trying t omake their money right away and that the game wasnt that good.......Games like this are why I always take a wait and see, unless I can get into beta first.

• Rikus25Rikus25 Member Posts: 82

Ion,

LOL as much as I can pick apart this game I am still subbed. I have fun playing it. I just hope they add some more improvements for us casual crafters who have wives who like to decorate the heck out of player housing :)

• KertKert Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Originally posted by Praetalus
    Originally posted by colddog04

Wow. Leveling 4 characters to 50 in that game would make me drop out of my chair and convulse uncontrolably.

You have the will power of 1000 Mahatma Ghandis sir.

It's just different for everyone. I watch my secretary play Cityville ALL FUCKING DAY!! and it makes me want to open a vein. I don't know how she can just sit there and watch that damn screen... she however; loves it. 

Shouldn't she be working? Or at the very least getting you a coffee?

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

Since Diablo 3 came out and Guild Wars 2 is on the horizon, I have decied to unistall and cancel my subscription to The Old Republic. However, I did enjoy my time in the game and liked it for what it is and if you're having fun.. then that's all that matters at the end of the day. I'm glad you're having fun with it. I think it's a good game that has had too much unfair critiisiism.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by madjonNZ

+1

----------------------

While I think Swtor is bad game and while it has my favourity business model for mmorpg's it is a game that is NOT cut for this model.  Virtual Worlds are, and this one is hmm does not feel like one.

Anyway - I don't play it cause I think this game is really nnot worth my time, BUT for those people who still enjoy it - kudos to them. Hope they will have lot of fun.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984
    Originally posted by madjonNZ

The perfect sarcastic reply to a sarcastic post. Nice. :D

This discussion has been closed.