Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Favorite Diablo III Classes (So far!)

124»

Comments

• SanasuSanasu Member UncommonPosts: 29

I am presently playing a DH, and JUST beat the normal story yesterday.  I love that class to no end.  Badass character with a snarky personality.  Love it!  Going to try out some multiplayer on a monk or witch doctor now... :D

• rcubanorcubano Member Posts: 68

"I’m not a huge fan of how magic-y the Demon Hunter’s abilities feel, for one. I kind of feel like I’m playing a Wizard shooting magic out of my bow or crossbow"

This is 100% correct.

Overall I like D3, but Demon Hunter was my preferred "feel" for a character, and my immerson into the role is difficult when it looks like I'm a wizard with a crossbow.

• NixlNixl Member Posts: 67

I would say Demon Hunter is by far my favorite class.

Once I learned of Smokescreen builds it became rather exciting.  You can pratically tank, but you have to manage your hate and converting crit into discipline.  Right now I am only 33, but at higher levels the runes and perks that give you greater Discipline regeneration or conversion allow you to pratically constantly have smoke screen up.

For the moment it is rather exciting, but I can see it becoming rather cheap once DH can unlock all the discipline regenerating skills/runes.

Barbarian is also definitely fun, but I can it is becoming ridiculously hard to play in Inferno.

• sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458

The witch doctor carves through most things with ease :) I currently have a level 45 witch doctor and loving the harder modes and taking bosses down on one attempt.

Looking forwards to seeing inferno mode soon

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

I just got started and am trying them all.  I was going to give up on witch doctor because it seemed so stupid blowing up barrels with a jar of spiders, but Ill give a little more time since reading this post.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Wizard and Monk so far. Not a huge fan of the Barbarian, Witch Doctor will definitely get a playthrough (you throw jars of spiders and shoot flaming bats at people, that's awesome!), and I haven't really spent any time with Demon Hunter yet.

Wizard is definitely my favorite though. Disintegrate = OP.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by jayarte
    Originally posted by Faran_Brygo
    ...Too bad the whole concept is a little too ooga-booga for my taste.

Honestly, it’s 2012, and we get animation on the character creation screen that looks like it’s straight out of that bad James Bond film about voodoo from the early 70s, complete with a chicken-waving, prancing native type. Then they compound it by making the voice acting (for the female part, at least) sound like the stereotype for every “Magic Will Smith” role that has ever been done. At least she’s not voiced like the biotch the female Wizard seems to be or just a real hard a-hole like the male Barbarian. But the witch doctor art concept really passed vetting? Really? Wow....

Agree absolutely regarding the whole witch doctor/voodoo stereotyping thing.  Especially hate the way the witch doctor (female anyway, haven't tried male) crouches all the time, making her look slightly ... well, not sure what.  Like she's doing squats?

Shame because the class itself is great fun.

I absolutely agree with this. The male WD does squats too. I think that the way they designed this class is pretty kitchy. That is my only complaint about the class. Otherwise, it really and truly rocks.

Edit - forgot to mention that I can't bring myself to use the frog spell because of all of the hoooyaah my character yells. I guess I could play with the sound off, but it is very annoying for a primary attack!

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

Thanks for the write up, I am actually debating to buy this or not. I have heard a lot of bad so far but of course the good shines through and still pulls me in to want to drop another grip of money on a RPG. I have been playing D2 on and off since its release and if it was considered an MMO then would have been the first that I played.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Just got to Nightmare on my barb and learned that Nightmare is not as easy as normal. I've been getting owned, time to step back and re-evaluate my strategy.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• MingxvMingxv Member Posts: 21

I like fighting monks and wizards in most games but the witch doctor is so much fun and seems to be over kill. I can have not seen so much easy kill in the other classes.

You have so many tanks running at the same time besides sooooooooooooo much aoe damage I fear they will look the witch doctor/shamman over and nef him/her, lmao. It reminds me of the little witch/Shaman doctor guys in Warhammer. I remember seeing my son run into the elf lands and everone shouted , 'get him; only to watch him kill them, lol. I started one after that and after killing some guy that attacked me he came back with friends and I killed them, lmao. Warhammer nefed him.

Ready for WAR waaaaaaaaaaah
    Morkwovsmez (Warhammer beta) and Miragexv in many games including FFXI.
    Ming in (Betas:StarWars, GuildWars2, and most other betas)

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

I picked the Witch Doctor.  Was somewhat disappointed, despite having a blast in normal.  Throwing jars of spider, while cool at first, wears off pretty quickly when monks, barbs, and DHs squash my damage. Then, I started messing around with my zombie launchers and really enjoyed my new spec. Then...oh yes....it came... MF ZOMBIE BEARS ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG

• RelytDnegelRelytDnegel Member UncommonPosts: 261

Got a lvl 60 barb but once you hit inferno it is ridiculously hard without pretty amazing gear. You will find classes such as the wiz/dh being able to progress ALOT easier then you with half the gear. That being said I enjoy the barb and don't mind having to spend the extra time although I maybe would have rather rolled a different class in hindsight.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by svann

I just got started and am trying them all.  I was going to give up on witch doctor because it seemed so stupid blowing up barrels with a jar of spiders, but Ill give a little more time since reading this post.

Wait until you unlock the flaming skulls, and the first few runes to let them bounce.  They hit multiple targets AND do splash damage, and the mana cost is negligible, you'll never see your mana bar drop unless you use the passive that boosts attack power while using more mana.  Even then you won't notice, just the other mana-intensive spells like Acid Clouds and Zombies.

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

I love my barb!

I read about how barb was gimped in inferno and thought I'd better roll up something else. I have a witch doctor I play a little bit. But nothing does it for me like the barb. It gets me pumped the way you can pound mobs with concussive sounds effects and gore and splatter and beheading everywhere. 

• Sch0llsSch0lls Member Posts: 4

I see what you did there.. The 2 classes that were basically ported from Diablo II are your favorite, with the new classes being ranked below them.. Normal and Nightmare make any class seem OP though, especially coupled with the AH. If you keep your gear up to date via the AH, then you're not going to have any problems in those 2 difficulties.. The minute you step into Hell and Inferno though, the game changes drastically. Classes and builds you thought would be badass, turn out to be just bad..