Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Same Old MMO We've Seen a Million Times

Grigor_BronGrigor_Bron Member Posts: 129

Character Creation: Just like every other MMO, Guild Wars 2 begins with character creation. You choose a race, class, gender . . . blah, blah, blah. When are MMOs going to break away from this tired formula of creating a character and then playing the game? I'm tired of it, but it keeps being regurgitated out by every game that hits the market.

Cities: Like every other MMO, Guild Wars 2 has cities. I knew as soon as I saw that there were cities in this game, just like World of Warcraft, Warhammer, and Dark Age of Camelot, this was going to be the same boring formula we've seen time and time again.

Exploration: As if it were copied straight off of World of Warcraft, this game forces you to explore places to advance the story.

Story: This game has a story. Sound familiar? Every other MMO has a story. 

Combat: This is where it is most obvious that Guild Wars 2 is just another WOW clone. The combat is just the standard repetition of hitting things, shooting things, and casting spells . . . LAME. And you do all this WITH WEAPONS. Plus, what is it you fight? That's right, monsters and bandits and crap, just like every other MMO.

Crafting: Crafting is the same in Guild Wars 2 as it is in every other MMO there is. You get equipment, collect supplies, and then turn that supplies into weapons and armor and stuff -- exactly like every other MMO.

PvP: Finally, this game has the same PvP we've seen a thousand times. Once again, it's all about players fighting other players. Nothing new here. No true innovation.

How can ArenaNet continue these lies about innovating, creating a unique experience, and changing the genre, when all they are doing is creating the same game we've seen a million times over?

Comments

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

and one time at band camp.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

i disagree that any game with character creation, cities, exploration, crafting, and PVP is a wow clone.  i think the systems have to be a little more similar than "they exist in some form in both games"

• BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302

Non nobis Domine, non nobis, Sed Nomini tuo da gloriam

Did it work?  I was hoping it would chase away trollbait :D

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

On the portion regarding combat, just thought I'd add there is topic claiming the combat is the same as all others because there is a tab targeting (ish) system in place so you should definately make note of that. Other than that it was spot on. Iseewhatyoudidthere.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

@ OP Hahaha

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Right, take away everything you claim is same old same old and you got an empty world LMAO. What do you want? By the way you forgot to remove your sig if you hate GW2.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Guild Wars 2 is not that New Thing that people thought it was going to be. That does not mean its a bad  game but Its just another mmo to play untill something else comes out.

• atziluthatziluth Member UncommonPosts: 1,190

I see what you did there... Well played... well played. 

-Atziluth-

- Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

O M G      can't   stop   laughing       LOL

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Maybe you should find a different hobby.

Originally posted by Mannish

Guild Wars 2 is not that New Thing that people thought it was going to be. That does not mean its a bad  game but Its just another mmo to play untill something else comes out.

who thought GW2 wasn't going to be an MMO to play until a better one comes out?  isn't that what all MMOs are?

• Grigor_BronGrigor_Bron Member Posts: 129
    Originally posted by bezado

Right, take away everything you claim is same old same old and you got an empty world LMAO. What do you want? By the way you forgot to remove your sig if you hate GW2.

I want TRUE innovation!!! Round screens! 4d! The ability to play as a real engineer that builds memory cards for typewriters! A game that plays itself!

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

I playe in BWE a couple times now and I can say I disagree with the part in red. It is that new thing I thought it was going to be and then some. It's not the messiah that many of the anti GW2 people claim the fans are claiming it is, but I know what the devs have stated and it's there so I didn't have unrealistic expectations.

To the part in green, can't that be said for every MMO someone gets into? 

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319
    Hey guys. OP is obviously being ironic. Thought that was pretty clear...
  • binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

remove character creation

remove cities

remove exploration

remove story

remove pvp

remove crafting

May i introduce :

• Grigor_BronGrigor_Bron Member Posts: 129
    Originally posted by binary_0011

remove character creation

remove cities

remove exploration

remove story

remove pvp

remove crafting

May i introduce :

Where did you find this? This is the best MMO I've ever seen!

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Curious to see what other mmo is going to beat GW2.

Oh right there aint one that comes even close in the next 5 years.

There might be one from CCP its called World of Darkness, still years and years away.

In the meantime GW2 will serve many of us as a new platform where we can have our dose of PvP/PvE.

And lets face it, mmo's are not for you rofl

• powerplaypowerplay Member Posts: 24

well the crafting is pretty much the same ole same.. 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

who thought GW2 wasn't going to be an MMO to play until a better one comes out?  isn't that what all MMOs are?

Nope, its kinda like when you find that special person in your life.. Once you find him / her you stay with them and dont care about what else is out there. image

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

This and it seems I'll be spending more time in D3 and Torchlight 2 until the next best overhyped mmo comes along.  There is always Skyrim to play as well.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by FlawSGI

I playe in BWE a couple times now and I can say I disagree with the part in red. It is that new thing I thought it was going to be and then some. It's not the messiah that many of the anti GW2 people claim the fans are claiming it is, but I know what the devs have stated and it's there so I didn't have unrealistic expectations.

Ah okay, so it's the anti-GW2 fans that are making the part in red up.  <eye twitch>

Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

Nope, its kinda like when you find that special person in your life.. Once you find him / her you stay with them and dont care about what else is out there. image

not for me!

i'm like a high school girl dating when it comes to MMOs.

i don't pretend and have no inclination to pretend i want to play Everquest I for the rest of my hopefully long drawn out miserable life.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Totally agree with you OP....nothing new about GW2 at all.....

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• RathanX26RathanX26 Member Posts: 119

Ha, not what I expected but it pretty much comes down to this sort fo thing when people end up complaining about GW2. The complaint threads are like a dynamic event

------->Cash Shop Attack ------>Lack of Release Date------> No Innovation------> Beta Problems------->(repeat)      

I'm sorry but the only one saying anything about the second coming is you. Fans of a game accept its flaws and strengths.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    Originally posted by FlawSGI

Ah okay, so it's the anti-GW2 fans that are making the part in red up.  

I think haunting GW2 threads is a full time job for some people.

How did everyone miss the HUMOR in the OP?  It's an hilarious post.  We're all too damn serious around here.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

This discussion has been closed.