Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 = Fail (Lag in Single Player!)

UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568

Yes folks its true for the first time ever you can experience lag in a Single Player game.

I loved D3 until Act II in Softcore Mode and throughout Hardcore mode when LAG started, because of all the ONLINE crap Blizzard has added on to this game and cannot manage.

Imagine getting killed in Hardcore mode which is permadeath all because of Blizzards commodore 64 servers, after 20-60 levels.

Do not guy this game until they fix it.

Comments

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Another reason why forcing online authentication on a single player game is just fail. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Battle net has been down in Europe (at least in Spain) all morning. Its alreay benn down for 5 hours, On a sunday. With a mmo, this gives rise to some frustration, with a single player game with multiplayer options (thts with D3 is, no more, no less), its downright infuriating. 

If you want to impose permanent internet connection for something that doesnt really need it, you have to give outstanding tech service. Shame on you, Blizzard.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Why are people still banging on about the online requirement everyone knows you need to be onlone to play solo -  all online games will suffer lag from time to time on both the server and client ends. Change the record already it's getting tiresome.

Originally posted by expresso

Why are people still banging on about the online requirement everyone knows you need to be onlone to play solo -  all online games will suffer lag from time to time on both the server and client ends. Change the record already it's getting tiresome.

No lag here. Just no actual game at all.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by freston

Battle net has been down in Europe (at least in Spain) all morning. Its alreay benn down for 5 hours, On a sunday. With a mmo, this gives rise to some frustration, with a single player game with multiplayer options (thts with D3 is, no more, no less), its downright infuriating. 

If you want to impose permanent internet connection for something that doesnt really need it, you have to give outstanding tech service. Shame on you, Blizzard.

aye two of my mates planned to get to my level by the end of today so we can co-op on Monday, looks like they wont make it.  Sounds like a serious outage rather than a glitch this time.  S**t happens I guess not that I am excusing Blizzard.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

+1

The time to bitch, moan and boycott this was BEFORE you bought it. It has been known for many many moons that this was the way D3 was going to be.

The way I see it is, if you knew you had to be online, didnt like it, and bought it anyway you have no leg to stand on. The people that knew this & didnt buy it based on that have an actual point.

Thats like sitting in the McDonalds drive through, bitching about how fattening the burgers are, then ordering a double bacon burger with extra cheese. Blizzard has your money, you bought a product you really didnt like and they could probably give two shits. They are laughing at people like you. The whole " well i really dont like what they are doing with this game, but here is my money anyway" crowd kills me.

I know its cool to hate on blizzard nowdays. But next time maybe wait to buy, or dont buy before researching and making sure its what you want.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Apologists unite!

You guys could be a little more understanding of others that are having issues getting online.

Originally posted by jdnewell

+1

The time to bitch, moan and boycott this was BEFORE you bought it. It has been known for many many moons that this was the way D3 was going to be.

The way I see it is, if you knew you had to be online, didnt like it, and bought it anyway you have no leg to stand on. The people that knew this & didnt buy it based on that have an actual point.

Thats like sitting in the McDonalds drive through, bitching about how fattening the burgers are, then ordering a double bacon burger with extra cheese. Blizzard has your money, you bought a product you really didnt like and they could probably give two shits. They are laughing at people like you. The whole " well i really dont like what they are doing with this game, but here is my money anyway" crowd kills me.

I know its cool to hate on blizzard nowdays. But next time maybe wait to buy, or dont buy before researching and making sure its what you want.

Im sorry but i dont buy your line of reasoning. I have no trouble at all with they requiring internet connection (can see some of the advantages remembering the hackfest battlenet was in times of diablo 2, even)  providing they make it work.

Id never whine because of getting fat if went to a Mac Donald to eat., Id whine if i found a dead rat inside a cheeseburger though..,  that would be a better example

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

There are lag spikes once you enter the game but for the most part it seems ok but the performance needs to improve.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Not acceptable with a game that has a permadeath mode. If they are going to do it they have to do it right. Only reason it is happening on this set up if blizzard is a bunch of cheap bastards.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Ok maybe the analogy was bad, never been good at those anyways.

Point being people who knew it was always online, rationally thought out that with millions of people trying to hit the servers would be unstable, and decided to either wait or skip it i can respect.

I am not saying they get a free pass for the problems, it SHOULD be working correctly, the single player portion should be  better and lag free.

But its not, and me and my friends who play really didnt expect much different. Just the way it goes with online games.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

i,m playing from the UK and i,m suffering major lag when doing i think its called nightmare.not to mention i think servers have been down for something like 4-5 hrs or more..this is really quite unacceptable .i do understand there isalways problems with launches on games,but a friggin single player,you should really get it right,the servers are more down than up...i suppose i,m kind of lucky i didnt pay for this,so i cant really complain has much as the rest of the guys.but i,m sure they will get it right eventually.hopefully before everyone throws their pc out the window.

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

Because of the aforementioned issues smarty.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by UnleadedRev

Imagine getting killed in Hardcore mode which is permadeath all because of Blizzards commodore 64 servers, after 20-60 levels.Do not guy this game until they fix it.

I've lost tons of hc characters in D2 due to lag. I even lost my lvl 97 sorc because my internet connection died. That's part of playing hardcore.

Originally posted by kevjards

i,m playing from the UK and i,m suffering major lag when doing i think its called nightmare.not to mention i think servers have been down for something like 4-5 hrs or more..this is really quite unacceptable .i do understand there isalways problems with launches on games,but a friggin single player,you should really get it right,the servers are more down than up...i suppose i,m kind of lucky i didnt pay for this,so i cant really complain has much as the rest of the guys.but i,m sure they will get it right eventually.hopefully before everyone throws their pc out the window.

I am from the UK too and I haven't experienced any lag issues. THe servers are down at the moment. Besides in the UK we have the worst ISPs on the goddamn planet. What they call broadband here is what in other countries they call third world internet lol.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    Originally posted by UnleadedRev

Imagine getting killed in Hardcore mode which is permadeath all because of Blizzards commodore 64 servers, after 20-60 levels.Do not guy this game until they fix it.

I've lost tons of hc characters in D2 due to lag. I even lost my lvl 97 sorc because my internet connection died. That's part of playing hardcore.

Originally posted by kevjards

I am from the UK too and I haven't experienced any lag issues. THe servers are down at the moment. Besides in the UK we have the worst ISPs on the goddamn planet. What they call broadband here is what in other countries they call third world internet lol.

yeah i have to agree,they are bad..but has for the lag..i went thru normal without,but nightmare is a nightmare with the lag..oh i guess thats why they call it nightmare lol.

• KyutaSyukoKyutaSyuko Member UncommonPosts: 288

I have to agree while I don't experience bad lag too much I do experience it and it's really annoying...

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

No lag what so ever for me too. 

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

I remember lagging in single player in both D1 and D2.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297

I find it funny that people still call this a "single player game."

No where did they state this is a single player game.

You're playing a multiplayer game and playing solo.

Big difference.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    This game is not simply a single player game.

It's time to get over that. There are too many multiplayer things going on when you solo.

Example: even when playing by yourself your friends can hop straight into your game from the menu.

Example: this game has an economy.

If you are lookin for a strictly single player game, Diablo is not that game. It is structured like an mmo technologically.

I do sympathize with those that thought they were getting a single player game. This isn't Diablo 2, however, and you should all realize that this is not D2. This is not an offline game. That's all there is to it.

Eithe you don't mind that or you do. If you do mind that, then don't buy it. I lose my sympathy for folks that know it's an online game, have a problem with that, and then buy it anyway.

Vote with your wallet man. It's a bit silly to start demanding refunds when you knew this was an online game and bought it anyways. It was new and shiny and you had to have it, I get that, but you mus be new to gaming if you didnt expect am online rpg to have these issues.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• BoreilBoreil Member UncommonPosts: 448
    Originally posted by dubyahite

It's time to get over that. There are too many multiplayer things going on when you solo.

Example: even when playing by yourself your friends can hop straight into your game from the menu.

NEWS FLASH: Nobody wants that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• BoreilBoreil Member UncommonPosts: 448
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by Boreil
    Originally posted by dubyahite

NEWS FLASH: Nobody wants that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking for  all 7,014,662,456 of us are you?

Seriously though it's teething problems. Unfortunate but unavoidable. They can't even give players an extension on their subscription image

No im speaking for all 84,219,334,657 of me, which outnumber your tiny little planet.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    Originally posted by colddog04

Apologists unite!

You guys could be a little more understanding of others that are having issues getting online.

This has proven to me that there will always be apologists for anything and everything.   Even when its for a game you cant even play or barely can.  Totally acceptable.  Stop complaining. 

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by Corehaven
    Originally posted by colddog04

Apologists unite!

This has proven to me that there will always be apologists for anything and everything.   Even when its for a game you cant even play or barely can.  Totally acceptable.  Stop complaining. 

Well think about it. What good is complaining going to do? They're not going to change the game. They already  know it's in their interest to fix the servers. Blizzard isn't happy about their server problems. All their IT people are working overtime as it is.  It's like going on a long trip in a bus full of three year olds with toothaches. I mean you feel bad for them but you wish they would shut the hell up for a bit.

These forums are for talking about games.  So thats what happens.  Sometimes its praise, sometimes its complaint, and a range of a dozen other things.  So this is to be more than expected.  

What good does defending a game to legitimately ticked off people who are rightfully venting?   I mean its a valid complaint and then its made and people discuss the issue.   Along with the folks who feel the need to defend the game lagging out or not even being able to play it all. 

A lot of mmos have better launches than this, and heck we're kind of past launch now anyways and this isnt even an mmo we're talking about here. 

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Errror 3007.  Every 15 minutes.  Depending on your router, you will constantly have this error, and the only way to remove it is to either change routers or port forward your router so that all internet security is essentially wide open, with zero protection.

What was wrong with Diablo2's formula?  It was infinitely better than this!

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.