Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Doom & Gloom for Diablo 3?

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Uhwop

I'll just throw this in for the people in ivory towers: I just upgraded my internet from a 5gb a month plan to a 27gb plan. Bandwidth is a precious commodity for me, and to waste it on a single-player game borders on insane.

How stupid do you think I am?

You're from Nevada, I'm from Delaware.  Odds are the exact same providers operate in your state as operate in mine.  We can even ignore the fact that in our country you don't pay for what you use, only the speed.

Try another one.  It cost you NOTHING to play D3 online.  NOTHING.  The fact you would even quote me and then make the responce you did is beyond insulting. 

Try as much as you like, common sense can't be argued against. 

Just because a state may have a provider doesn't mean every area of that state is carried, and yes many people do have to pay for what they use if they exceed usage limits.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258

^

Agree. Given that most of your data is on your Hard Drive you WONT be using much of your bandwidth. When you play online you're not sending and recieving too much data between your PC and their servers and 27GB is PLENTY. I personally am not getting the game just yet but that's for other silly reasons. 

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

good lord...people making such a big deal out of beginning connectivity issues is over the top. i've been playing fine lately and i'm sure blizzard will do all they can to keep it as smooth sailing as possible. here, you have a game thats b2p, one time...forever. heck, people are still playing D1 and D2 and how many years ago were they made? you can play D3 for years too, yet you whine over a couple days with connect probs??

doom and gloom? get real. the game rocks and is great fun

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Originally posted by x5100

^

Agree. Given that most of your data is on your Hard Drive you WONT be using much of your bandwidth. When you play online you're not sending and recieving too much data between your PC and their servers and 27GB is PLENTY. I personally am not getting the game just yet but that's for other silly reasons. 

I agree that 27gb is enough to play D3, but then tack on a family that uses the net, MMOs that need patching, and I'd like to be able to use netflix.....

Until recently, I had 5gb to work with. That's barely enough to patch a game and continue to do other internet activities. I've gone over my allotment several times and that gets expensive in a hurry. 

27gb will be a nice change, if I can handle the increased ping of satellite internet. Cell modem was bad enough.......

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

I'll just throw this in for the people in ivory towers: I just upgraded my internet from a 5gb a month plan to a 27gb plan. Bandwidth is a precious commodity for me, and to waste it on a single-player game borders on insane.

You're from Nevada, I'm from Delaware.  Odds are the exact same providers operate in your state as operate in mine.  We can even ignore the fact that in our country you don't pay for what you use, only the speed.

Try another one.  It cost you NOTHING to play D3 online.  NOTHING.  The fact you would even quote me and then make the responce you did is beyond insulting. 

LOL, you're tower sure is shiny. Those fancy wires they use to get you that super-cool unlimited download internet? Yeah, they haven't run them in rural Missouri yet. Maybe in a few years. But for now, my choices are cell-modem, satellite and dial-up (except I don't have a landline either, no point).

I don't think you're stupid, just very uninformed on events outside your apartment.

My sister lives in a rural area with the exact same conditions, her only option is dial-up, satelite, or dsl because like you, they haven't had the lines run for real broadband yet, but her internet is not limitted to pay by use.

I have a 50gb plan, and it has nothing to do with the amount of data I'm allowed access to.

Just because you wrote on the internet, doesn't mean I'm inclined to automatically believe a word you say.

You're still using the interent, to post on an internet forum, dedicated to onine games.  If this was the game informer forums, or PC magazine, or even Blizzards, I'd understand, but it's not.  It's a forum dedicated to online gaming.

Let me say it again.  Complaining about his HERE, HERE, is rediculous.  The venue you chose to voice the complaint, not the complaint itself.  Think about that for a second.  Why should anyone here, take that complaint serious let alone sympathise with it?  It makes NO SENSE given the LOCATION you chose to voice that complaint.  Get it?

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

I had to connect to steam to play my TF2.

This online thing is not new.

I still stand by my statement that no matter the complaints, they still sold more copies than a titanic load full. Infact it may even be the best selling pc game of all time.

LOL, you're tower sure is shiny. Those fancy wires they use to get you that super-cool unlimited download internet? Yeah, they haven't run them in rural Missouri yet. Maybe in a few years. But for now, my choices are cell-modem, satellite and dial-up (except I don't have a landline either, no point).

I don't think you're stupid, just very uninformed on events outside your apartment.

My sister lives in a rural area with the exact same conditions, her only option is dial-up, satelite, or dsl because like you, they haven't had the lines run for real broadband yet, but her internet is not limitted to pay by use.

I have a 50gb plan, and it has nothing to do with the amount of data I'm allowed access to.

Just because you wrote on the internet, doesn't mean I'm inclined to automatically believe a word you say.

You're still using the interent, to post on an internet forum, dedicated to onine games.  If this was the game informer forums, or PC magazine, or even Blizzards, I'd understand, but it's not.  It's a forum dedicated to online gaming.

Let me say it again.  Complaining about his HERE, HERE, is rediculous.  The venue you chose to voice the complaint, not the complaint itself.  Think about that for a second.  Why should anyone here, take that complaint serious let alone sympathise with it?  It makes NO SENSE given the LOCATION you chose to voice that complaint.  Get it?

I don't expect you to belive me. But the FACT is I pay 70$ per month to be able to download up to 27gb at a blazing speed of up to 3Mbs (very rare to hit that though).

I guess you don't understand that not everyone lives in a town. I live on a farm. I could see the entirety of your state in the time it would take me to drive to the closest metro area.

BTW, I'm at work, on break. I rarely visit this forum at home because, like I said, bandwidth is a precious commoditiy for me.

Edit: Perhaps you should ask your parents to call your internet provider and ask them what having a 50gb plan means.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

I don't expect you to belive me. But the FACT is I pay 70$ per month to be able to download up to 27gb at a blazing speed of up to 3Mbs (very rare to hit that though).

I guess you don't understand that not everyone lives in a town. I live on a farm. I could see the entirety of your state in the time it would take me to drive to the closest metro area.

BTW, I'm at work, on break. I rarely visit this forum at home because, like I said, bandwidth is a precious commoditiy for me.

But you're still here, on an internet forum, dedicated to online games, refusing to play an online game, because it requires you to get online to play it.

If it's a technical problem, OK.  Just like any other online game, you're going to have to work around it, and sometimes that work around is just not playing it.  If you have an online game or two that you're not willing to put on hold for a bit to play D3, OK.  That's your problem to deal with, not blizzards. 

I think it's pretty sensible of me to say, given the location of our posting, that complaining about playing an online game online, makes no sense.

D3 is an online game.  Like it or not, it is what it is.  Just like every other game on the games list here is an online game.  D3 is very like like guild wars; it's only missing a pesistant virtual loby.  I don't expect people who refuse to play it because it's an online game to get that though.

How many of those games do you complain about because you'd like to play them, if only they were offline.  Let's face facts here, most MMO on that list are just single player affairs with a multiplayer component thrown in; very few are truelly social games deserving of a dedicated internet connection or even a persistant world, that you can play from start to finish without interacting with other people, or group at the press of a button, just like D3.

But you're still here, on an internet forum, dedicated to online games, refusing to play an online game, because it requires you to get online to play it.

If it's a technical problem, OK.  Just like any other online game, you're going to have to work around it, and sometimes that work around is just not playing it.  If you have an online game or two that you're not willing to put on hold for a bit to play D3, OK.  That's your problem to deal with, not blizzards. 

I think it's pretty sensible of me to say, given the location of our posting, that complaining about playing an online game online, makes no sense.

D3 is an online game.  Like it or not, it is what it is.  Just like every other game on the games list here is an online game.  D3 is very like like guild wars; it's only missing a pesistant virtual loby.  I don't expect people who refuse to play it because it's an online game to get that though.

How many of those games do you complain about because you'd like to play them, if only they were offline.  Let's face facts here, most MMO on that list are just single player affairs with a multiplayer component thrown in; very few are truelly social games deserving of a dedicated internet connection or even a persistant world, that you can play from start to finish without interacting with other people, or group at the press of a button, just like D3.

I'm not refusing to play it. I'm eagerly awaiting my copy in the mail. It could be here today or tomorrow, depending on wether or not the mailman feels like driving down my dirt road.

D3 is not an MMO. I actively pick-and-choose which MMOs I will play based on how much of my allotement I have left for the month. I don't need a single player game sucking up any of it (my daughter's facebooking does enough of that). Plus, if they patch the game and I don't like the patch, I can't skip it (thus giving up more of my allotment).

• sunshadow21sunshadow21 Member UncommonPosts: 357

I love how you are trying to equate the time and bandwidth requried to access a forum to that required to access a full fledged game. The first takes very little of either; the second takes considerably more of both. To say that just because you use one, you shouldn't have any problem using the other is silly.

My biggest gripe is that by being online only they took away a lot of value that I could have gotten from having an offline component, and replaced it with... an auction house system I would probably never use (I've always played with a "use what you find and if it's not good enough to move on to the next difficulty, oh well, no skin off my back" style), communty chat that I would also likely never use, and achievements that are nice but are hardly important to why and how I play such games. All while doing nothing to change the core gameplay and how games are setup. I understand that Blizzard had their reasons, and that I am simply not their target audience, but I believe that in doing so, they have limited the success of what could have been an even bigger hit because they assumed everyone lived in a city and had access to high speed internet 24/7. Guess those who don't want to live their lives completely wired to the internet just aren't important enough to worry about anymore.

I'm not refusing to play it. I'm eagerly awaiting my copy in the mail. It could be here today or tomorrow, depending on wether or not the mailman feels like driving down my dirt road.

D3 is not an MMO. I actively pick-and-choose which MMOs I will play based on how much of my allotement I have left for the month. I don't need a single player game sucking up any of it (my daughter's facebooking does enough of that). Plus, if they patch the game and I don't like the patch, I can't skip it (thus giving up more of my allotment).

Not saying it's an MMO, only that it's got more in common with a game like the original guild wars then people are either willing to admit or realize.

And hey, if you can play with your internet, then well....

This isn't really the place to complain about playing an online game online.  All I'm really saying.

And you're probably gonna get hit with a hefty patch.  They're going to add in PvP with arenas and leaderboards and such, just like GW.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by x5100 ^ Agree. Given that most of your data is on your Hard Drive you WONT be using much of your bandwidth. When you play online you're not sending and recieving too much data between your PC and their servers and 27GB is PLENTY. I personally am not getting the game just yet but that's for other silly reasons. 
    I agree that 27gb is enough to play D3, but then tack on a family that uses the net, MMOs that need patching, and I'd like to be able to use netflix.....

Until recently, I had 5gb to work with. That's barely enough to patch a game and continue to do other internet activities. I've gone over my allotment several times and that gets expensive in a hurry. 

27gb will be a nice change, if I can handle the increased ping of satellite internet. Cell modem was bad enough.......

Satellite is bad...really bad for online gaming. Your download speeds are going to be spectacular, waiting for your mouse clicks to register on the server are going to be horrible.

You might be better off carrying two different plans - one for downloading data and one for your games.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by sunshadow21

I love how you are trying to equate the time and bandwidth requried to access a forum to that required to access a full fledged game. The first takes very little of either; the second takes considerably more of both. To say that just because you use one, you shouldn't have any problem using the other is silly.

My biggest gripe is that by being online only they took away a lot of value that I could have gotten from having an offline component, and replaced it with... an auction house system I would probably never use (I've always played with a "use what you find and if it's not good enough to move on to the next difficulty, oh well, no skin off my back" style), communty chat that I would also likely never use, and achievements that are nice but are hardly important to why and how I play such games. All while doing nothing to change the core gameplay and how games are setup. I understand that Blizzard had their reasons, and that I am simply not their target audience, but I believe that in doing so, they have limited the success of what could have been an even bigger hit because they assumed everyone lived in a city and had access to high speed internet 24/7. Guess those who don't want to live their lives completely wired to the internet just aren't important enough to worry about anymore.

I love that I can very clearly explain my point of view, and someone can quote me and still not understand what I wrote.

Were are you posting? 

And your biggest gripe makes no sense what-so-ever.  They haven't take anything away, but your need to set up a LAN with other people.  They made everything easier to do, and provide some things that you couldn't do before.

You don't see chat unless you choose to.

You don't need to pay attention to achievments.

You never need to use the AH.

The exact way you want to play the game is more then possible.  If you only want to play with the things you find, ok, do so.  They did not remove that.  They didn't change anything.  Everything you could do with D2 is there and doable, right down to selling items to other people!

And yeah, most peoples lives are wired to the internet.  Internet capable TV's are becoming the standard in new TV's.  Even cars are being made to be internet ready. 

Sinse when was being connnected a bad thing.  You're connected right now!  If you're going to enter the realm of rediculous as your excuse, just skip all the nonsense and in your next responce you can quote me and say you don't like online games.

You're posting on the MMORPG.com forums.  Take and second and think about that.  No, D3 isn't an MMO, but every MMO is an online game. 

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Temporary lapse in popularity due to being overhyped.

The game is actually so good by itself that it will soon float back on its own merits.

Its very much like vanilla WOW , and what made it so popular back than.

Best post I've read all month. 

I love that I can very clearly explain my point of view, and someone can quote me and still not understand what I wrote.

Were are you posting? 

And your biggest gripe makes no sense what-so-ever.  They haven't take anything away, but your need to set up a LAN with other people.  They made everything easier to do, and provide some things that you couldn't do before.

You don't see chat unless you choose to.

You don't need to pay attention to achievments.

You never need to use the AH.

The exact way you want to play the game is more then possible.  If you only want to play with the things you find, ok, do so.  They did not remove that.  They didn't change anything.  Everything you could do with D2 is there and doable, right down to selling items to other people!

And yeah, most peoples lives are wired to the internet.  Internet capable TV's are becoming the standard in new TV's.  Even cars are being made to be internet ready. 

Sinse when was being connnected a bad thing.  You're connected right now!  If you're going to enter the realm of rediculous as your excuse, just skip all the nonsense and in your next responce you can quote me and say you don't like online games.

You're posting on the MMORPG.com forums.  Take and second and think about that.  No, D3 isn't an MMO, but every MMO is an online game. 

I'm connected right now, that is true, but just off the top of my head  I can think of at least half a dozen places I can plug my laptop in and not be connected, and that's just moving about my daily life with no major traveling. Also, many times I am able to connect when I'm not at home, it's over a less reliable connection, so while forums are accessible and usable, games are not. I'm not saying that the option for online is bad; I'm saying that the online only is.

As for all the great improvements you speak of, if I never use them, than what value are they to me? And I can't play the way I want to, because one of the biggest things I loved about D2 was the ability to play it when I couldn't play or didn't feel like playing my primary games, which are online. Just because I live in a city doesn't mean I'm wired 100% of the time. I have nothing against technology, but seriously, I have absolutely no need to be bound to every aspect of it at all times to feel complete. Can I play the game the way I want to? Sure, but I'm not going to be getting enough value for the current price to make it worth it, as I have no interest in the vast majority of the extra systems and mechanics that Bizzard has added to pad out the gameplay.

From everything I've read, the gameplay is basically what I would expect it to be, but the delivery of that gameplay simply makes it not worth 60 dollars to me. When it drops down to 40, it most certainly will be, but it just isn't right now. They took a great deal of the potential value away, and added back nothing in return, at least as far as my preferred play style is concerned. Any improvements to the gameplay itself is expected after 12 years, and don't count as a major selling point in and of themselves, but rather an expected feature that they seem to have done adequately, but not overwhelmingly phenomally.

From everything I've read, the gameplay is basically what I would expect it to be, but the delivery of that gameplay simply makes it not worth 60 dollars to me. When it drops down to 40, it most certainly will be, but it just isn't right now. They took a great deal of the potential value away, and added back nothing in return, at least as far as my preferred play style is concerned. Any improvements to the gameplay itself is expected after 12 years, and don't count as a major selling point in and of themselves, but rather an expected feature that they seem to have done adequately, but not overwhelmingly phenomally.

So just say that!  That's fine, makes sense, and is understandable.

It's a fair assumption that we are all here, posting on these forums because we like to play online games online.  I've played enough MMO's with enough people to know that we don't just play MMO's.  We all have this one overarching thing in common, we like online games. 

And I'm not a fan of the what ifs either.  What if my house catches fire and my stuff is lost, I can't play anything then.  Besides that I played Rift with a guildy who was on vacation travelling, his wife was driving and he played Rift with me, using his phone to connect to the internet.  No not everyone can do that, but I still don't care about the what ifs.

What if tomorrow, instead of just my legs not working anymore, my right arm stops as well.  Oh well, shit happens.  You deal with.  Can you possibly imagine why I have zero sympathy here?  I have to live here and now, not in the land of what ifs.

Good lord, if you think you'll like it and you don't have an issue with the cost then buy the damn thing and stop worrying about the frigging internet connection.

Originally posted by Uhwop Besides that I played Rift with a guildy who was on vacation travelling, his wife was driving and he played Rift with me, using his phone to connect to the internet.  No not everyone can do that, but I still don't care about the what ifs.

It's all well and good that you feel that the requirement for an internet connection is so trivial, but for many it is not. If I go to visit my sister's farm out in the country, even though I have a cell phone, it still doesn't work at well because the towers can't get down into the valley that my sister's house sits in. If I'm trying to travel through a hilly region, I also can't rely on the cell phone for service for the same reason, as the signal keeps cutting in and out. Try making this argument again in 10 years, and we'll see how the situation sits, but I don't think it will be that much different. There will still be a limited amount of bandwitdh, and the options available for maximising it's use are still going to be expensive enough that most of them simply aren't practical for wide spread applications over long distances or in areas where the population density is lower. Even in cities, soneone is going to have to pay to upgrade the infrastructure, and I don't exactly see people lining up for that.

The reason I'm not buying it is two fold. One, while I do have some spare cash, I don't have so much I can ignore the lack of value for a given price, which means that D3 drops down below other gaming and entertainment options in priority. Second, I see no reason to automatically encourage others to copy Blizzard's tactics. I have never hated, and still don't, Blizzard's business tactics, but that doesn't mean I want to see them spread. All the people claiming that because it's already sold x million copies that it must be a good game miss this point. McDonalds sells millions of burgers a day, but you don't see every single restaurant being opened trying to copy them. Unfortunately, in Bilzzard's case, you do see pretty much every single major publisher trying to copy every single thing they do, so decisions like refusing to automatically support what I see as a loss in value does matter in the grander scheme of the gaming industry.

• ResiakrawResiakraw Member Posts: 73

Sun, I think he just isn't getting it and probably never actually played either of the 1st 2. If this were a completely online series of games, it wouldnt be such a big deal. The problem is that they went from allowing you the option of playing single player offline, or playing online with others, or hell even playing online but by yourself in a closed room and changed it to you must be online to do anything at all. Not a change for the better for any good reason on the player side. They could have the same exact setup as D2, and you could have played solo in your own private room on Bnet and still had access to the AH or whatever else if that was what you wanted. Basically that would be pretty much exactly what they have right now, BUT they should have also left in the offline option.

What i find real funny is the people actually defending it. Would people playing offline single player somehow impact you? Not at all. In fact if you werent on the forums you wouldnt even know they existed, But forcing those who would normally (or on occassion) either choose to play offline, or have no choice but to play offline no longer have that option. Funny thing is they likely would have more than made up for the profits theyre going to make on the AH with the additional copies they would have sold over the years if they had only left the offline option in the game.

It isn't an MMO. There is no persistent world. There is no reason to actually be forced to be connected to the internet to play what should also be available offline, just like in the past.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

I complained aobut launch day and the pre-downloader, but since its been stable (17th) its been nothing but fun, I argue with anyone saying its nota  good game, imo its a great game most fun ive had online in a long time...We needed d3.

As for it being the end of a genre...tell that to the millions of people that are playing.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Originally posted by Resiakraw

Sun, I think he just isn't getting it and probably never actually played either of the 1st 2. If this were a completely online series of games, it wouldnt be such a big deal. The problem is that they went from allowing you the option of playing single player offline, or playing online with others, or hell even playing online but by yourself in a closed room and changed it to you must be online to do anything at all. Not a change for the better for any good reason on the player side. They could have the same exact setup as D2, and you could have played solo in your own private room on Bnet and still had access to the AH or whatever else if that was what you wanted. Basically that would be pretty much exactly what they have right now, BUT they should have also left in the offline option.

What i find real funny is the people actually defending it. Would people playing offline single player somehow impact you? Not at all. In fact if you werent on the forums you wouldnt even know they existed, But forcing those who would normally (or on occassion) either choose to play offline, or have no choice but to play offline no longer have that option. Funny thing is they likely would have more than made up for the profits theyre going to make on the AH with the additional copies they would have sold over the years if they had only left the offline option in the game.

It isn't an MMO. There is no persistent world. There is no reason to actually be forced to be connected to the internet to play what should also be available offline, just like in the past.

For me the internet connection isnt a big deal, i mean yes it was frustrating to deal with not being able to play on the 15th and some of the 16th, but now that i can without issue its all good.  I do feel for fans of the series that do not have a good connection in order to play, i have a few friends that loved d1 &2 that live in rural areas that just dont have the speeds to play online.  And i think the option of an offline mode was severly overlooked.  

They should have made the SP offline mode completely seperate from the online, meaning no using the same character or items etc, that would have given their sales a boost from people like i described above and given the game a more positive outlook from many.

Aside from that D3 is a lot of fun, and anyone stating its not has to argue with millions of people that are going into hardcore gaming mode for it...

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Not saying it's an MMO, only that it's got more in common with a game like the original guild wars then people are either willing to admit or realize.

And hey, if you can play with your internet, then well....

This isn't really the place to complain about playing an online game online.  All I'm really saying.

And you're probably gonna get hit with a hefty patch.  They're going to add in PvP with arenas and leaderboards and such, just like GW.

That's what I don't get, what does it matter where it's pointed out that people don't like the online only implementation of a single-player component? MMO's and GW1 are beside the point, they're MMO's and GW1 they don't have truly single player options.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by x5100 ^ Agree. Given that most of your data is on your Hard Drive you WONT be using much of your bandwidth. When you play online you're not sending and recieving too much data between your PC and their servers and 27GB is PLENTY. I personally am not getting the game just yet but that's for other silly reasons. 

Satellite is bad...really bad for online gaming. Your download speeds are going to be spectacular, waiting for your mouse clicks to register on the server are going to be horrible.

You might be better off carrying two different plans - one for downloading data and one for your games.

Yes, that is what I'm figuring out. My best ping so far was just north of a 1/2 second. That sucks. But 2 plans is crazy. Satellite is my best option at this point because my previous plan, cell tower, was 5gb capped and cost 60$/month. Satellite gives me faster speed and bigger bandwidth for 10$ more, but my ping time suffers greatly.

So far, I've tested out WAR and STO and both were playable but the ping was noticeable;, we'll see how D3 turns out. I might be out of the online gaming business for good..............

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953
    Originally posted by botrytis

The DRM is also to prevent the rampant hacking that happened in D1 and D2. In D1, I remember friends who all had one piece of armor - the Godly Plate of the Whale. It was all hacked. This way that won't happen.As far as the auction house, I won't use it so it doesn't bother me one iota.The game plays well and doesn't need a huge amount of horsepower to play well.It will be nice to waste some time, playing it.

That probably wasn't a hack, there was a bug which with some skill could be exploited to duplicate items, no hack required. I don't think it was ever patched either.
  • sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119
    Originally posted by Pyuk

Actually there's one less copy  - I got a refund on mine because of the absurd connection issues. Too bad D3 doesn't work as well as their CS - got my refund without any hassle.

or you could have been less of a baby, waited 1 day and played flawlessly like the rest of us. glad you got your refund, i would have probably vote-kicked you from my games for crying too much.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by sonoggi
    Originally posted by Pyuk

Actually there's one less copy  - I got a refund on mine because of the absurd connection issues. Too bad D3 doesn't work as well as their CS - got my refund without any hassle.

or you could have been less of a baby, waited 1 day and played flawlessly like the rest of us. glad you got your refund, i would have probably vote-kicked you from my games for crying too much.

The problem with modern gaming is that people are too complacent. Developers basically get away with questionable products and practices because people are too desperate to get their "crack." This shouldn't happen.

Game development is a business and most of these companies do it in order to make money. Companies always try to push the consumer a little, to see what they can and can't get away with and we have to let them know what is OK and what is not. We cannot be dismissive of valid customer complaints because that shows these companies that people will put up with this nonsense and these companies will continue to push.

Right now, most of you settled for an always online single player and the RMT AH. Blizzard, and other publishers/developers too, see that people are complacent so Blizzard will push a bit more next time and maybe when Diablo IV comes out, you'll be paying a monthly fee in order to play single player. And then someone will tell you that you could have been less of a baby and just payed...