Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is it worth it? pleaes share with us

wasim470wasim470 Member Posts: 243
Am still on the fence here regarding go for D3 or not, so as i did in Tera before I’ll open a Vote here and see what you guys really think.

Comments

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504

No, I will wait until they fix all the issues and add the PvP then maybe I would buy D3.

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878

simply dont see the value until the price drops

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

I am pleased with the game. Its good fun with few mates. I am not really planning to play it solo.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Not going to purchase a single player game that requires me to always have an online connection. Sitting in queue to play a singleplayer game? LOL no thanks!

• RogueTroopaRogueTroopa Member Posts: 147

Blizzard have nailed it. Never had so much fun playing a game. totally addictive

Land of AKA Godzilla with Wifey

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878
    Originally posted by RogueTroopa

Blizzard have nailed it. Never had so much fun playing a game. totally addictive

if by nailed it you meant  their coffin

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

The lore is really good... The gameplay gives a good amount of fun, I'm always saying "just this 1 more quest" and when I look at the clock it's 3 in the morning already just like that. Singleplayer aspect is good and it's fun to play it, but when I started playing with my friends in coop mode I didn't go back.... 

PVP is on it's way and we've yet to see how this will roll out, the same goes for RM AH...

For now i've had alot of fun in the game, but the downside is that for the first night the servers were full and you couldn't login properly when people logged in large numbers, but yesterday it was running fine besides the minor latency spike now and then, but nothing that would ruin the fun.

So my xp with the game so far have all been just positive and I'm really looking forward to another day of slaying zombies and hell creatures :D...

It doesn't give such a "dark" atmosphere as it does in D2, but still the feeling of demonic is still there... Atleast to me it is...

So if you've been thinking about getting the game I'd certanly recommend it... BUT if you don't want to cash out the money just like that when you're uncertain if you'd like the game just try asking on the forums for "guest pass key" and you can play the same content which was tested in open beta weekend and see for yourself if you like it or not. You can play COOP mode, singleplayer mode and level your characet to lvl 13 (up to skeleton king) and some other limitations, but to be honest after you kill skeleton king, that's where the real entertaining part of the story begins :)

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

If anyone else than Blizzard had made exactly same game, it would have gotten B- or C+ at best but since it was made by Blizzard it's considered AAA++++ and best thing since sliced bread.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

If you love ARPGs and aren't anti-Blizzard or a rabid DRM hater then yes it's absolutely worth it.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by kishe

If anyone else than Blizzard had made exactly same game, it would have gotten B- or C+ at best but since it was made by Blizzard it's considered AAA++++ and best thing since sliced bread.

If any other company has made this game I'd play it and I'd have the same opinion about it... Because I'm not playing it for the reason it has "Blizzard" spelled on the box, I'm playing it because I tought I'd have alot of fun in it and because I liked diablo 2 as well... ;) The fact that it's made by blizzard plays apsolutly no role in my equiation.

I like Path of Exile as well (but it doesn't have such a good lore and doesn't pay much attention to the lore itself). So it's not really about the companies, it's about their products :)

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

Originally posted by korent1991
    The lore is really good... The gameplay gives a good amount of fun, I'm always saying "just this 1 more quest" and when I look at the clock it's 3 in the morning already just like that. Singleplayer aspect is good and it's fun to play it, but when I started playing with my friends in coop mode I didn't go back.... 

This.I am having lot of fun with this game,around 12 hours played and probably only half of act 2.I still hate the requirement of being online all the time and to me this seems the only reason not to buy the game ,too bad blizz went this way because trying to log for 2 hours during launch and random disconnects when playing the game solo will upset lot of people.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by eldaris

This.I am having lot of fun with this game,around 12 hours played and probably only half of act 2.I still hate the requirement of being online all the time and to me this seems the only reason not to buy the game ,too bad blizz went this way because trying to log for 2 hours during launch and random disconnects when playing the game solo will upset lot of people.

They'll get over it if they enjoy the game.  It happens in MMOs all the time.  Sure they'll be angry for a while but once things stabilize I think most people will forgive and forget.  It's just a game.

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    Originally posted by eldaris

They'll get over it if they enjoy the game.  It happens in MMOs all the time.  Sure they'll be angry for a while but once things stabilize I think most people will forgive and forget.  It's just a game.

Only that this is supposed to be a single player game with coop options and not an MMO.

• krem4opldkrem4opld Member Posts: 12

Well they made it like that ... (needs internet connection all the time) so you can't pirate it that easily ... And if you do want to play it without buying you'd have to get an emulator that accually works fine :P

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

"No, i didn't like the Direction taken by Blizz for this game"

Pretty much that one.

I don't care so much about launch issues at all. They are just that: issues that plague a game in only a sliver of its intended lifetime.

It's more of the dumbing down of an already simple formula, the lack of giving you a wide range of choices in character development right from the start and the forced to play online and RMAH bits which I don't like about it.

It's feels like just a "monster clicker" without much of the interesting choices to make. Kind of a step backwards for the hack & slash model compared to where Blizzard could have gone with it.

It isn't the Diablo 2 sequel which I have been hoping for in the past years. It feels a bit like prostitution of a cherrished IP; the Starwars prequels spring to mind.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Loving it, going to finish Act 3 today, if your a Diablo lore person the story unfolds predictably so far thats my only criticism.  2nd half of Act 3 is a favourite Act so far, really nailed the Diablo feeling.

• TridianTridian Member UncommonPosts: 273

The launch sucked. That being said, I was one of the few with no issues and played the game. Its quite fun. Wait a week for them to stabalize the servers then grab the game. I just got into a2. Awesome stuff here guys.

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354

a bunch of people have criticized the game. Disregard their opinion until they have finished the game on normal and moved on to the next difficulty. The only complaint I have is with the server instability, which could be a launch only issue.

• SluskeSluske Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

If you love ARPGs and aren't anti-Blizzard or a rabid DRM hater then yes it's absolutely worth it.

This.

Originally posted by DarkPony

Pretty much that one.

I don't care so much about launch issues at all. They are just that: issues that plague a game in only a sliver of its intended lifetime.

It's more of the dumbing down of an already simple formula, the lack of giving you a wide range of choices in character development right from the start and the forced to play online and RMAH bits which I don't like about it.

It's feels like just a "monster clicker" without much of the interesting choices to make. Kind of a step backwards for the hack & slash model compared to where Blizzard could have gone with it.

It isn't the Diablo 2 sequel which I have been hoping for in the past years. It feels a bit like prostitution of a cherrished IP; the Starwars prequels spring to mind.

Are you aware of the elective mode option?

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566
    Originally posted by Tridian

Pretty much that one.

Yes. But I don't see how that changes anything of what I wrote. It just lets you put in any skill you unlocked in any button slot, right? A basic functionality which every other game known to mankind offers, only without much more intuitive dragging and dropping this time around?

• DrughiDrughi Member Posts: 174

imo yes, but not for 60 euros, is rather expensive from what it really is, 40 euros, fine

Originally posted by Tridian

Pretty much that one.

Yes. But I don't see how that changes anything of what I wrote. It just lets you put in any skill you unlocked in any button slot, right? A basic functionality which every other game known to mankind offers, only without much more intuitive dragging and dropping this time around?

From my understanding it lets you do stats as well. I could be wrong though I have yet to check it out. So dont QUOTE me on that. I'll try to find the link where it describes the elective mode.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I love the game. I think it's MUCH better than the beta/starter edition leads you to believe. All login in issues in the EU seem to be completely fixed now, I always get in instantly since yesterday.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TheDubanat0rTheDubanat0r Member Posts: 76

Game is alot of fun. It's Diablo pure and simple.   I feel bad for all the people who come to this site and constantly state how bad every game is. They must not have very much fun if their not playing any of these wonderfull games.