Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamespot Review

beb2592beb2592 Member UncommonPosts: 61

http://www.gamespot.com/tera/reviews/tera-review-6377135/

Not too bad... although I disagree about PvP....

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

after SWTOR reviews I stopped reading gamesite reviews for MMOs they are far to biased and hardly ever actually put enough playtime into the game to warrant the review score.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• AqueAque Member Posts: 118
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

after SWTOR reviews I stopped reading gamesite reviews for MMOs they are far to biased and hardly ever actually put enough playtime into the game to warrant the review score.

This^^^^^

Word for word!

• beb2592beb2592 Member UncommonPosts: 61

While I do agree with you, some people would not and would need a good review score to justify a purchase... Just the way gamers are today I guess :/

If I want to check a game befor I buy it, I just watch as many gameplay videos on youtube as I can find.

Then I know what I will be looking at and what it does offer.

( When I do read reviews I just feel left wanting more info)

Originally posted by Aque

If I want to check a game befor I buy it, I just watch as many gameplay videos on youtube as I can find.

Then I know what I will be looking at and what it does offer.

( When I do read reviews I just feel left wanting more info)

As do I, but gamers like us do not make up the entire population. They just look at the review score and say meh, throw it away, and never look back OR hey that got a 9.0! I need to run out now and get it.!

Alot of my friends are like that :/

Originally posted by beb2592

As do I, but gamers like us do not make up the entire population. They just look at the review score and say meh, throw it away, and never look back OR hey that got a 9.0! I need to run out now and get it.!

Yeah this is true, and its such a shame.

Originally posted by Aque
    Originally posted by beb2592

Yeah this is true, and its such a shame.

Yeah... :/

• negacrowbarnegacrowbar Member Posts: 149

I like to read my reviews the old fashion way... sitting on the crapper, so when I am doing I flush all the nonesense down the drain.

• shadow9d9shadow9d9 Member UncommonPosts: 374

No battlegrounds is a negative?   AHAHAHA!  Gamespot is a joke.

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515

EDIT: Nvm.

• dimasokdimasok Member UncommonPosts: 183

While the score is on the low side, the review is very objective and reflects my feeelings on the game. Based on what he said there, I would have assumed it would receive 8.5/10

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

An easily remedied problem. Start ignoring the score, and read only the review. Decide for yourself how important the various parts are to your enjoyment of the game. I was able to comfortably skip SWTOR, because I knew beforehand I wouldn't enjoy it based on what exactly reviewers actually said about it.

This one seemd pretty much spot on, I had mostly same experience through various beta phases. My final score would have been  lower, since the cons weigh much heavier for me personally, but that's where personal preference comes in, and no reviewer can account for that.