Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3.6/10 user score with 2071 reviews on Metacritic

Comments

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Originally posted by Anolev
    Originally posted by Golelorn
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

Metacritic is useless. 

No, its not.

Yes, it is.

Play the games/demos yourselves and draw your own opinions... or do you always let others tell you what your opinons are for you? 

Nope. I find some opinions to be useful, and some not to be useful.

That's why you gotta read some of the reviews. An intelligent person can tell BS from legitimate complaints.

I find metacritic way more useful than MMORPG, Gamespot.com and other so-called professional reviews. One is paid for and bought, the other isn't.

• tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298

Metacritic is useless. 

No, its not.

Yes, it is.

Play the games/demos yourselves and draw your own opinions... or do you always let others tell you what your opinons are for you? 

why exactly are you on a forum that dicusses games then when you know everything you need to know by playing them for yourself?  metacritc is usefull as it gives insight on what people thought of something... all you have to do is read through the hyperbole just like anywhere else.

harassing someone for doing research is like harassing someone for educating themselves, or do you always act a fool and base your opinions off your own narrow minded beliefs?

• TurkeyBurgerTurkeyBurger Member Posts: 49

Opinions and reviews are completly useless.

That is why I am logged onto a website that reviews videogames and has forums that review videogames.

Stay classy!

• AskedanAskedan Member Posts: 39

3.6? wow

Looks like i will skip this one.

Metacritic is useless. 

No, its not.

Yes, it is.

That's why you gotta read some of the reviews. An intelligent person can tell BS from legitimate complaints.

I find metacritic way more useful than MMORPG, Gamespot.com and other so-called professional reviews. One is paid for and bought, the other isn't.

It's useless for the reason I said it's useless. It's easily manipulated.

An intelligent person can tell BS from legitimate complaints.

One is paid for and bought, the other isn't.

You just excluded yourself.

Nice. Resort to personal attacks when you're out of ammo. Never fails.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by TurkeyBurger

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii

And the bad user reviews cannot come in fast enough. I was fortunate enough to beta test the game before launch and was left completly unimpressed. I am noticing the reviews are reflecting what my beta input stated. I wrote incredibly detailed lenghty messages on the beta test forums but let's be honest, it is far easier for Blizz to just stand up on the table, unbuckle their belt, pull down their pants and drop a gigantic steaming pile of shit onto your plate. 

I am not surprised, people can't log in, gets upset and post a bad score.

But it ain't really fair, don't expect any fair votes until 2 weeks after the game is out, and that goes for any game.

I can admit that I partly want the game to fail, not because it is bad but because of the RMTAH, I would hate to see that in all games.

But that doesn't mean that I just will unfairly trash every part of the game, let´s have the discussion when enough people here played it through on at least the second difficulty. Then peoples score might actually be fair. 

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

And the bad user reviews cannot come in fast enough. I was fortunate enough to beta test the game before launch and was left completly unimpressed. I am noticing the reviews are reflecting what my beta input stated. I wrote incredibly detailed lenghty messages on the beta test forums but let's be honest, it is far easier for Blizz to just stand up on the table, unbuckle their belt, pull down their pants and drop a gigantic steaming pile of shit onto your plate. 

Unhappy people make negative reviews

Happy people play the game and cant be arsed to review

Thus... you get a metacritic score...

This have been a good conversation

Not a personal attack. A cogent observation. People who spout disproven conspiracy theories are rarely able to tell the difference between BS and legitmate complaints.

Ah, right, because review sites don't recieve advertising dollars from game companies. 

Totally got that wrong, didn't I?

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by tawess

Unhappy people make negative reviews

Happy people play the game and cant be arsed to review

Thus... you get a metacritic score...

SWTOR 647 positive reviews from players. 452 negative. Seems like you were right here, those enjoying the game didn't seem to bother rating or giving a review.

TERA 144 positive reviews from players. 20 negative. You are 2 for 2 my friend.....

Tribes: Ascend 78 positive reviews from players. 10 negative reviews.

Omg, consider my mind blown. Happy people play and don't give reviews, thats why there are more negative reviews than positive reviews....... it all makes sense now.

Yeah.... or we can just go with the "It seems more people are unhappy than are happy at this point in time" thing and assume thats why there are more negative than positive reviews.

• TurkeyBurgerTurkeyBurger Member Posts: 49

Not a personal attack. A cogent observation. People who spout disproven conspiracy theories are rarely able to tell the difference between BS and legitmate complaints.

Ah, right, because review sites don't recieve advertising dollars from game companies. 

Advertising dollars do not buy integrity. Either a site has it or it does not.  There is a vested interest in being honest. In fact since website traffic drives advertising revenue the tendency it so bend over backwards for the audience you're trying to reach. Unless there's some form of direct payment I'm not aware of the assertion is absurd on it's face.

Strange that less than two inches beneath your post is a gigantic moving advertisement for none other than, drum roll, brace for epic DIABLO 3!

I wonder how much revenue that ad generates. Per click? Just for hosting the advertisement? You want ding dong banu? Professionaly paid gaming revues are worth the check they are written on. I trust the gamers and actual consumers far more than paid bought corporate shills.

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

I have nothing against D3 or blizzard,but all the denying in this thread(and not only) is amusing.

Advertising dollars do not buy integrity. Either a site has it or it does not.  There is a vested interest in being honest. In fact since website traffic drives advertising revenue the tendency it so bend over backwards for the audience you're trying to reach. Unless there's some form of direct payment I'm not aware of the assertion is absurd on it's face.

Strange that less than two inches beneath your post is a gigantic moving advertisement for none other than, drum roll, brace for epic DIABLO 3!

I wonder how much revenue that ad generates. Per click? Just for hosting the advertisement? You want ding dong banu? Professionaly paid gaming revues are worth the check they are written on. I trust the gamers and actual consumers far more than paid bought corporate shills.

So MMORPG.COM are paid  bought corporate shills? You're seriously going to stand by that?

No way, Diablo 3 is just the most anticipated MMO of the Year. Thats why it's being advertised so heavily here.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Maybe I'm the only one that's figured this out, but that can't really be true lol.  There is absolutely NO critic, review, preview, or divine rating that substitutes for your own hands-on experience.  I absolutely love Diablo 3, I just played it for ~24 hours straight, about to go to bed now lol.  I figured this out very early on, I can remember reading reviews of games in my old "Nintendo Power" magazines way back when I played on my NES, and numerous sites today, and the reviews they give are not fact. they're all opinion.  Just because a critic doesn't like something, you might love it.  Maybe it's because I'm just a wierd guy, but I can think of probably over a 100 games that critics on sites and magazines gave below a 5 and I absolutely loved them.  The Legend of Zelda being a good case.  The original review on the game called it bad, if I remember the rating was a 4/10.  To me, it's the greatest video game I've ever played...ever!

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Just for fun, I took a look at Metacritic and saw the page after page of user "reviews" giving D3 a ZERO or ONE, all on May 15, all bitching about not being able to log on due tot he server downtime. Page after page of useless, rage spewing, entitled bitching.

Yeah, looks like Metacritic will NOT be useful, for this game at least.

• LooneyLadLooneyLad Member Posts: 13

A score well deserved. Just a mediocre dungeon crawler wrapped around in the beloved real-money cash shop and the must have always-online requirement so the shop can work, all rest is there to try and divert the attention from what their main goal was. Without the shop they would've got a 1 time purchase and thats it, no more cash from that product, unless they pop out a ton of DLC and some expansions, but in this case, the money will keep flowing in, just like from their favorite milking baby ( WoW ).

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Metacritic is useless. It's been gamed so many times in so many ways it's even worse than the hype ratings here.

I think this review is hardly "useless" as you so state. Let's actually do some leg work and, oh I don't know READ what the people are complaining about SHALL WE?

[snipped out your cherrypicked reviews]

It is hard to argue with many of the points this person made. Care to revise your statement there zym? Or are you too busy stuffing your mouth with Blizz Diablow three turds to read?

Worst FPS Ever! BLizzard is going to shut down! RAAAAAAGE!

2- the worst first person shooter I've ever played cant even log in, and i even stood in line for at least two hours to pay for this dont waste your money BLIZZARD IS FINISHED

0 -  I dislike this game profusely - it consists entirely of Ctrl-V, Enter, and dodging the "Error 37" and "Error 75" mobs. I was expecting more originality and WAY better graphics. Oh yea, the story line sucks.

0 -   was the official start of my licensed time to play the game. Despite the fact that things will undoubtedly get better with time, I am unable to play the game because Blizzard has failed to uphold their end of the contract. Not only have I wasted my money tonight on an unplayable product, I have also wasted my time.

0 -  You have got to be kidding me, Blizzard. I've been waiting for this game for years and now I can't even play it. Remember when you used to buy a game and you actually, you know, owned it. You could play it whenever you want, for as long as you want. I know the internet is taken for granted this days, but the problem here is not just my internet connection, it's your servers. I'm just going to rate the game zero because I can't even play it

0 - truly awful game obvios wow ripoff 0/10 pls dont copy other games pls truly awful game obvios wow ripoff 0/10 pls dont copy other games pls truly awful game obvios wow ripoff 0/10 pls dont copy other games pls truly awful game obvios wow ripoff 0/10 pls dont copy other games pls truly awful game obvios wow ripoff 0/10 pls dont copy other games pls

LOL this one is one of my favorites guy is mad he can't play as Diablo:

3 Wow. What a mess, lol! Guys, don't buy this. You can't play as Diablo 3. Sigh, you can't even play as Diablo from previous titles! They won't let you. Instead you have bunch of wow characters (No, you can't change face OR race). And you can't even go reskill some noobs! No horde or alliance, that's a sad thing! Why can't i play as ork atlest? Why would you call game diablo and not have him as good guy? Game should have been called WoW for mentally challenged!

1 Diablo Brand and make a game thats make so match fun like minesweaper! fail blizzard has so mutch time to make this game good i but they chose their time to makes it boring

0- Only weed smoking Great Gatsby haters could like this pay to win garbage with **** servers casualised diablo from blizzard/activision rip off merchants.

Diablo is a Diablo Clone??!?!!?! SAY IT AINT SO!!!!

2- Huge letdown for Diablo series fans. It's just Diablo clone with original trademark. Creators of 1 & 2 made Torchlight 2 and Guild Wars 2, maybe true succesors of the series. It's just a 3/10 game without Diablo mark.

Anyway, you get the point. These people are raging out. They are not useful reviews and they should not be trusted for actual information. 

Also, I noticed by clicking on their profiles, that 90%  of them have only reviewed one game ever, Diablo 3.  A few raged about Diablo 3 and SWTOR.  

These people are not to be trusted. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

Originally posted by Zadawn

I have nothing against D3 or blizzard,but all the denying in this thread(and not only) is amusing.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize we weren't allowed to enjoy the game and disagree with the people that don't like it.

We should obviously just accept whatever you guys say as fact and adapt our opinions to fit the opinions of those that don't like the game.  

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Metacritic is useless. It's been gamed so many times in so many ways it's even worse than the hype ratings here.

Yes it is gamed.  But it's also something a ton of people use, and several companies (looking at you EA) have taken a beating that has shown up on their bottom line after their games got Metacritic bombed.

Here's the funny thing:  a lot of this wouldn't happen if gaming companies, you know, actually GAVE A DAMN about their customers.  Who on earth thought it was a smart idea at Blizzard to make you login to their servers and have an always on connection to play a single player game?

Remove that, and actually do a bit better with your infrastructure, and the majority of these rabid metacritic bombs turn out to be duds.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376
    Originally posted by dubyahite

I think this review is hardly "useless" as you so state. Let's actually do some leg work and, oh I don't know READ what the people are complaining about SHALL WE?

[snipped out your cherrypicked reviews]

It is hard to argue with many of the points this person made. Care to revise your statement there zym? Or are you too busy stuffing your mouth with Blizz Diablow three turds to read?

Worst FPS Ever! BLizzard is going to shut down! RAAAAAAGE!

2- the worst first person shooter I've ever played cant even log in, and i even stood in line for at least two hours to pay for this dont waste your money BLIZZARD IS FINISHED

0 -  I dislike this game profusely - it consists entirely of Ctrl-V, Enter, and dodging the "Error 37" and "Error 75" mobs. I was expecting more originality and WAY better graphics. Oh yea, the story line sucks.

0 -   was the official start of my licensed time to play the game. Despite the fact that things will undoubtedly get better with time, I am unable to play the game because Blizzard has failed to uphold their end of the contract. Not only have I wasted my money tonight on an unplayable product, I have also wasted my time.

0 -  You have got to be kidding me, Blizzard. I've been waiting for this game for years and now I can't even play it. Remember when you used to buy a game and you actually, you know, owned it. You could play it whenever you want, for as long as you want. I know the internet is taken for granted this days, but the problem here is not just my internet connection, it's your servers. I'm just going to rate the game zero because I can't even play it

0 - truly awful game obvios wow ripoff 0/10 pls dont copy other games pls truly awful game obvios wow ripoff 0/10 pls dont copy other games pls truly awful game obvios wow ripoff 0/10 pls dont copy other games pls truly awful game obvios wow ripoff 0/10 pls dont copy other games pls truly awful game obvios wow ripoff 0/10 pls dont copy other games pls

LOL this one is one of my favorites guy is mad he can't play as Diablo:

3 Wow. What a mess, lol! Guys, don't buy this. You can't play as Diablo 3. Sigh, you can't even play as Diablo from previous titles! They won't let you. Instead you have bunch of wow characters (No, you can't change face OR race). And you can't even go reskill some noobs! No horde or alliance, that's a sad thing! Why can't i play as ork atlest? Why would you call game diablo and not have him as good guy? Game should have been called WoW for mentally challenged!

1 Diablo Brand and make a game thats make so match fun like minesweaper! fail blizzard has so mutch time to make this game good i but they chose their time to makes it boring

0- Only weed smoking Great Gatsby haters could like this pay to win garbage with **** servers casualised diablo from blizzard/activision rip off merchants.

Diablo is a Diablo Clone??!?!!?! SAY IT AINT SO!!!!

2- Huge letdown for Diablo series fans. It's just Diablo clone with original trademark. Creators of 1 & 2 made Torchlight 2 and Guild Wars 2, maybe true succesors of the series. It's just a 3/10 game without Diablo mark.

Anyway, you get the point. These people are raging out. They are not useful reviews and they should not be trusted for actual information. 

Also, I noticed by clicking on their profiles, that 90%  of them have only reviewed one game ever, Diablo 3.  A few raged about Diablo 3 and SWTOR.  

These people are not to be trusted. 

Who cares.

Metacritic is not a review website, its an opinion aggregation website.

Its like likes on facebook. You don't get to say which ones are "valid" and which ones aren't.

The MC score is representative of the global feel about a game, nothing more, nothing less.

Originally posted by fivoroth

Metacritic is crap. People who post there are retarded.

The game is amazing.

And thankfully in a free market your opinion of who is retarded is worthless.  I say let Blizzard get raked over the coals for this stunning bout of incompetence from a company who really should know better.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

It's a good thing no one uses metacritic to decide whether or not to buy a game.  There are just too many agendas and emotional responses.

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

So MMORPG.COM are paid  bought corporate shills? You're seriously going to stand by that?

No way, Diablo 3 is just the most anticipated MMO of the Year. Thats why it's being advertised so heavily here.

Pretty sure Diablo 3 is in no way shape or form an MMO. Aside from the always have to be online to play part that is.

Originally posted by Zadawn

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize we weren't allowed to enjoy the game and disagree with the people that don't like it.

We should obviously just accept whatever you guys say as fact and adapt our opinions to fit the opinions of those that don't like the game.  

Or you could just express your own opinion but respect that others aren't necessarily going to agree with you.

We can disagree without being combative can't we?

You got on one posters case for "cherry picking" complaints, removed the ones he quoted from the post you quoted and cherry picked your own so I'm not sure how you came up with people are not allowing you your opinion when you are trying to deny others theirs to begin with. If you had left the other posters post as it was and said not everyone is giving rational complaints and giving examples a discussion could have came out of that.

Metacritic is useless. 

No, its not.

Yes, it is.

It's useless for the reason I said it's useless. It's easily manipulated.

An intelligent person can tell BS from legitimate complaints.

One is paid for and bought, the other isn't.

You just excluded yourself.

Nice. Resort to personal attacks when you're out of ammo. Never fails.

Except he's right.  Customers can be discerning in reviews.

And, the "professional" gaming mags pay people to write reviews (well, some of them.)  Most the people on metacritic, they are posting because they want to post something.  Now that can be something that ends up being complete BS.  But if they are motivated enough to say something, there is a reason for that motivation more often than not, even if the way of expressing it is dumb.

Originally posted by AdamTM

[snip]

Who cares.

Metacritic is not a review website, its an opinion aggregation website.

Its like likes on facebook. You don't get to say which ones are "valid" and which ones aren't.

The MC score is representative of the global feel about a game, nothing more, nothing less.

That's untrue. With big releases like this one it is often more representative of how many campaigns were started to rate the game 0 with poorly written reviews and how many competitors can game the system.

There are real user reviews in there, I'm not denying that, but the point is there is a lot more complete garbage. 

And I'm sorry, but saying Metacritic is not a review website is a bit disingenuous. The button I clicked said "User Reviews."  When you post a review it says "Review this game."  

And yes I do get to say which ones are valid. The guy complaining that you don't get to play Diablo so he gave it a 0 or whatever, yeah that's complete crap. The guy saying that it needs horde and alliance...complete crap.  Just like anyone that posted " Best game evar zomg I love this game wow its amazing" would not be a good review. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server