Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta PvP not implemented is a lie.

NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

So i hear people say they couldn't test pvp in the beta because it wasnt implemented.
This is false. The fight club was implemented, working and functioned like a free for all pvp map.

So, If people wana pvp come join "us" in the Fight Club.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Comments

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    Originally posted by Nitth

So i hear people say they couldn't test pvp in the beta because it wasnt implemented.
    This is false. The fight club was implemented, working and functioned like a free for all pvp map.

DUDE!!!!!!!!!...What is the first rule of "Fight Club"!!!!

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by BarCrow

This made me LOL

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by jdnyc

Originally posted by Nitth So i hear people say they couldn't test pvp in the beta because it wasnt implemented. This is false. The fight club was implemented, working and functioned like a free for all pvp map. So, If people wana pvp come join "us" in the Fight Club.
    This made me LOL
    =D

That kinda goes out the widow when your the only one standing in the fight club lol

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

These things aint know outlaws den either... They beautifully crafted and placed in all 3 cities. Think Dalaran Sewers but much bigger and bettter made. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by jdnyc

Originally posted by Nitth So i hear people say they couldn't test pvp in the beta because it wasnt implemented. This is false. The fight club was implemented, working and functioned like a free for all pvp map. So, If people wana pvp come join "us" in the Fight Club.
    This made me LOL
    =D

That kinda goes out the widow when your the only one standing in the fight club lol

...but I had so much room to spread my arms and run free when I visited.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Yes another thing I missed, they really need to explain things more.

• DarkDemon69DarkDemon69 Member Posts: 154
    Originally posted by zevni78

Uh its called discovery, but go ahead wow holds your hand I hear.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by DarkDemon69

Awesome retort. 

People need to realize games like TSW are'nt this rainbows, lolly pops, and puppy dog game which holds your hands and treats you like the princess you arnt!

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835

I think you might have missed the entire niche this game is going for in the MMO realm.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by DarkDemon69 Originally posted by zevni78 Yes another thing I missed, they really need to explain things more.
    Awesome retort. 

People need to realize games like TSW are'nt this rainbows, lolly pops, and puppy dog game which holds your hands and treats you like the princess you arnt!

Give zev a break. Hes been around a while and knows what this game is about. He just missed a couple things. No need to jump on his case talking down to him.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Fair point, but I discovered it and there was no one else there. At all. Was kinda dull. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    I just think it’s not the best idea to have a feature that may well need beta testing and not tell any of the new testers you know will not be aware of it. I know this mmo is about exploration, and fully embraced that during my time in Kingsmouth and in London, and though it’s nice to hear there will be more to do this weekend, I do think you may lose some people who just need a little more prompting to get into the spirit of things. If you keep everything secret at this stage, this game will end up being too niche.

Also, GW2 "fanbois" are developing a reputation for fanaticism, and TSW for snobbery, though its true TSW is more intellectually challenging than most mmos, let’s not turn off people who are just getting into it, the way several of you made snide comments towards me was not helping, especially when I am trying to defend the game too. The community within game was very patient and keen to encourage the detective in others.

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

@zevni78 maybe they wanted to see if people found out about it, or if they needed to make it more obvious. ;)

• TeiloTeilo Member Posts: 284

I hear they fixed the door to fight club so it actually lets you out now.

Wusses. :p

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by stragen001

Fair point, but I discovered it and there was no one else there. At all. Was kinda dull. 

No, it is not a fair point. Hiding something which requires alot of people to function is just stupid.

• cutthecrapcutthecrap Member Posts: 600
    Originally posted by Yamota

No, it is not a fair point. Hiding something which requires alot of people to function is just stupid.

It should be obvious that things won't stay hidden THAT long, when people start to find their footing and way in the game.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

So you need bread crumbs everywhere to be able to play an MMO? I personally prefer to discover things myself as much as possible.

Originally posted by Piiritus

So you need bread crumbs everywhere to be able to play an MMO? I personally prefer to discover things myself as much as possible.

Depends on what it is. PvP features should not be hidden but rather an integral and accessable part of the game. Now if there was other PvP features and this would be just some kind of side-show, then fine. But having the only PvP feature in the game, hidden is pretty stupid imo.

Specially for a three faction MMORPG which is all but setup for three-way PvP.

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

Not sure whether it was working or not though... I think I saw someone getting in (not sure...) but when I got in myself, I couldn't see anyone - so it might be still in the works.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

Depends on what it is. PvP features should not be hidden but rather an integral and accessable part of the game. Now if there was other PvP features and this would be just some kind of side-show, then fine. But having the only PvP feature in the game, hidden is pretty stupid imo.

Well, TSW is mainly a PvE game with 3 faction optional PvP. There are (don't know if they are accessible in open betas) other PvP areas as well. Think I gonna try them tonight if they are open. Main feature of TSW is PvE though.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by askdaboss
    Not sure whether it was working or not though... I think I saw someone getting in (not sure...) but when I got in myself, I couldn't see anyone - so it might be still in the works.

I pvpd against one dude for a couple of hours last beta, i can assure you it works.

Well, TSW is mainly a PvE game with 3 faction optional PvP. There are (don't know if they are accessible in open betas) other PvP areas as well. Think I gonna try them tonight if they are open. Main feature of TSW is PvE though.

Interesting then that the first key feature listed on their web site (http://www.thesecretworld.com/gameplay) says: 

"Choose a side. Join one of three secret societies – the Illuminati, the Dragon or the Templars – and battle with or against other players for world domination." 

But that wouldn't be the first time an MMO has used PvP as a way to sell copies but where in fact it was a PvE game.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

I find it kind of funny that in a game called "The SECRET World" People complain that things are hidden....

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Interesting then that the first key feature listed on their web site (http://www.thesecretworld.com/gameplay) says: 

"Choose a side. Join one of three secret societies – the Illuminati, the Dragon or the Templars – and battle with or against other players for world domination." 

But that wouldn't be the first time an MMO has used PvP as a way to sell copies but where in fact it was a PvE game.

PvP is a huge part of the game. I don't know if it is 50/50 we'll see once things get going. When a faction controls the temple, I bet you will see everybody and the mother out there trying to get it back.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    They need to have one of these weekends be a pvp beta with pre leveled characters that can enter fulang projects. This will help remove the fear of Aoc forts part 2