Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In which MMO world would you live?

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

WoW, it's a nice happy place.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

Age of Conan in Tortage because all the women had big breast's and ran around topless.... image

K Serious answer now... Hmmm. I can't really think of any. I guess it would be the housing district in Lord of the Rings Online. The way they were set up with nice. I remember trying to steal neighbors trees :/ Damn restrictions :(

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

FFXI - La Theine Plateau

or

WOW - Booty Bay

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

Just outside of Glenden Wood in Dereth. In the cozy foothills.

• tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by Dewm

FFXI - La Theine Plateau

or

WOW - Booty Bay

Hard to pass up living in a world with mithra ;)

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665

Original Everquest. Not sure of the name of the area. Just remember it was the first time I got that sense of awe. It was a druid (while playing a druid) sanctuary. Was a bit hidden and out of the way. At the time I thought it was pretty amazing. I stayed there forever grinding mobs because of how much I liked the area.

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Massively
    Multi-player
    Outside
    Role
    Playing
    Game

It's a true sandbox, Graphics are real life. Every detail is accounted for. Huge on social engineering. But it has some major drawbacks too. Like, the community sucks. The economy sucks. Everything is overpriced. Most payers would just as soon scam you as help you. But your friends list is long term. Those that do band together do so for a long time. Etc Etc.

Not to mention the death penalty.

But I'm sure someone already mentioned that in one of the pages I didn't read :-)

• vojkan95vojkan95 Member Posts: 104

requiem memento mori    ....  house at trifiri village :P

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Pre searing Ascalon, it seems so peaceful and beutiful.

But I am not really that impressed by MMO worlds, compared to P&P RPG worlds they feel rather one dimensional.

Oh, and they place I don't want to live is Miscatonic...

• LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990

Nice thread idea here, OP.

It's not my favourite MMORPG but the house I'd like in San Juan in Pirates of the Burning Sea. They got the ambiance right.

As for where I would settle in my favourite MMORPG, now, that's difficult cause I don't really have a favourite MMORPG. :)

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I was going to say Tyria because it's stunning, but eh.. unlike most MMOs were you have to make things happen, Tyria seems really chaotic, you'd never get a damn moment's rest.  I'd like to live with the tuskarr people from NR.

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433

Second Life

here i come bondage fursex community

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

This was a fun decision..  I think for me.. I'd go with Misty Thicket .. I'd have Rivervale right there..  BUT.. I do like the 3 zones of Freeport tho..

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

My house would stand next to OHN in Asherons Call .-)

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

Depends on what level of income I would be on. On other hand AO isn't bad, capitalism might be bit opressive, but dying not being permanent is a perk. Maybe work in administrative sector would be livable. Also black or grey uniforms look good.

Fantasy to live in not so...

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Second Life. More sex than you can shake a stick at, plus you can build whatever you can imagine. Realistically, you could have all the MMO's on the list inside Second Life, the one big barrier being the graphics.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• madjonNZmadjonNZ Member Posts: 143

Astranaar Village- ashenvale forest - Kalimdor, WOW.

• CognitoCognito Member Posts: 198

EvE.

I would be immortal. I would be in space with access to thousands of planets. I could learn new things without actually having to learn them - just wait for the timer to be up :P. I would have no fear of death, so would be able to do anything I wanted (though I just thought, that would also remove the thrill or excitement out of a lot of things).... So many reasons and things that entice me about this game universe than any other game world.

Put through the personal paces of my crippled fingers.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

It's not my favorite MMO, but it would be the Shire in LOTRO.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

Ryzom would be interesting to live in......

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Old Ascalon in GW was quaint.  Get myself a small blacksmith or leatherworker shop, and take off to the country on weekends for a picnic and some outdoors time.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

WoW.

I simly love the lore.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Allemantheia because it's amazing and just a hop, skip and a jump away from...

...these forests.

imageimage

• DrNo172000DrNo172000 Member Posts: 48

Always wanted to be a dwarf in the warhammer fantasy world long before it was a mmo.  Although the old world is a horrible horrible place to live, and as a dwarf I'd be fighting a hopeless battle against the skaven and greenskins for the fate of our holds.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Connmacart

Easy Answer STO. It might suck as a game, but think about it. Replicators for all your food or other material  desires, Holodecks, Excellent healthcare. I'd find a nice spot on Earth or any other decent planet in the federation and live like a king.

Hehe, this!

If I had superpowers DCU might also be interesting. Or rather the DC comic universe.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert