Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Only 2 stars out of 5 on amazon with over 600 ratings?

LordDevilLordDevil Member UncommonPosts: 253

Wow I always heard diablo will be the next gen hack & slay, but I have never seen such a low rating on a game within a long time. I mean 3 out of 5 stars would be ok counting a lot of angry people in, but 2 stars tells the average customer its a crappy game. I mean I am not really interested in this hack & slay game, maybe if I am bored I will want to try it out... but does it really deserve 2 stars... is it the greediness of activision and the loss of the core people from blizzard maybe? The true Diablo creator are working on torchlight 2 anyway...

Just wow...

Currently playing: Archeage
Waiting for: Black Desert

Comments

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

The game is actually extremely good.

My guess is a combination of the usual fake reviews and people that are raging out about the launch. I mean, there were like 3 emergency maintenances in one day today. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Yeah, I'd say people are just raging over all the downtime.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

Originally posted by dubyahite

My guess is a combination of the usual fake reviews and people that are raging out about the launch. I mean, there were like 3 emergency maintenances in one day today. 

No a HUGE % of diablo fans do not like what they did to the game.   Being a fan I don't think its what I wanted in a D3, but if you judge the game on its own its a great game people are judging it on what they waited 10 years for and didnt get though.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

between the collossal failure of battle net to handle login loads, and the price gouging 3rd parties are commiting on amazon, serveral jackasses have started a negative review campaign of the game on the site.  Jessie being the ringleader.  notice how most of the bad reviews are from people that cant be confirmed as having bought the game.

• KickaxeKickaxe Member UncommonPosts: 174

What about Metacritic?  3.4 with 1694 ratings.  Harsh.

Originally posted by Kickaxe

What about Metacritic?  3.4 with 1694 ratings.  Harsh.

Just read some of the reviews.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

t's all QQ'ing about launch .. D3 is a 9 easy.

• MelodicMelodic Member Posts: 19

People raging because of yesterday sever problems. Even on BN forums people sent links to amazon and added "OMG PPL VOTE DIABLO DOWN NAW! OMG!" and other stupid sites.

Better listen to real reviewers not the angry mob of idiots. If you listen to angry mobs you should quit gaming all togheter, because they are never happy with any game. User votes are pointless these day. Especially with popular games like Diablo franchaise.

Game  is very enjoyable and fun so far. Blizzard delivered another good game, which will be played for years. Also take a note that hack&slash games are not for everyone.  

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301

Originally posted by William12

No a HUGE % of diablo fans do not like what they did to the game.   Being a fan I don't think its what I wanted in a D3, but if you judge the game on its own its a great game people are judging it on what they waited 10 years for and didnt get though.

How else would you judge the game?

GW2 and Torchlight II were both judged the same way - and even in their Beta state i would prefer them to the "final" D3 state.

GW2 and Torchlight II for me :-)

Just my 2 cents...

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

from what i saw on beta, i will give it 8,0.

for 9.0 need to be very good and have something new IMO, Diablo 3 is very fun but dont bring anything new, is almost same Diablo 2 with better graphics. i think any diablo fan will love Diablo 3

• KwanseiKwansei Member UncommonPosts: 334

Cause non-scientific polling is generalizable... It's like random kids rating vegtables as crappy cause they taste bad... No to defend Blozz in any way cause they could have made a much better launch .. just ..they need to teach basic stas for all MMO players

• brindleburnbrindleburn Member UncommonPosts: 65

Well as someone who had never played Diablo 1 and only about an hour of D2.. I find D3 amazing.

I think judging by how upset people were with the downtime, as has been mentioned, has something to do with the rating.

I cannot remember having so much fun with a game in ages. If this keeps up I will definetly be playing it through all the different difficulty levels. 2 out of 5 would not be my review score. I would give it 4.9 out of 5.  But I'm a diablo noob so the shiny new feel is still there. 

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

From speaking with the people I know who pre-ordered from Amazon, most of them are pretty unhappy in result of issues ranging from double charges to changed shipping and delivery dates. I'm not saying that it's the sole reason for the low rating, and I'm sure there are people who received what they paid for as they expected, but I'd be willing to bet that there are more variables at work here than "launch nerd rage". It's pretty surprising how quick some of you are to generalize.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

I never even had a PC went Diablo 1 was popular, and I never got into Diablo 2.  The hack-in-slash genre never really grabbed me, though I did play Baldur's Gate on the PS2 as well as both Champions of Norrath titles.  That said,  I've been having immense fun playing Diablo 3.  I'm really getting drawn into the lore of the Diablo universe and the combat is immensely satisfying.  It was actually kinda funny in that the whole time I was playing D3, I wished Blizzard would make a Diablo MMORPG, so that I could freely explore the gameworld from the ground level.

I tried PoE and didn't care for it that much, so now I'm eagerly awaiting Torchlight 2 so that I may compare that to D3.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

You think amazon is harsh, check out metacritic >  http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• TorrmwyreTorrmwyre Member UncommonPosts: 66

I'm not going to say that the rating was deserved, but the glaring launch problems were pretty ridiculous. A company like Actiblizz should know better, especially since they are currently the kings of the online gaming industry.

Originally posted by Torrmwyre

I'm not going to say that the rating was deserved, but the glaring launch problems were pretty ridiculous. A company like Actiblizz should know better, especially since they are currently the kings of the online gaming industry.

More than anything I think it all comes down to dollars and cents.  I don't doubt for a second that Blizzard had the resources to ensure a safe, problem free launch for Diablo 3, but doing so would cost them a lot of money in server infrastructure.  I can't see the initial rush lasting much longer than a week, and after that point, Blizzard invested a lot of money into resources that they really didn't need in the long run.  Still, I think I would respect Blizzard, or for that matter, any game company a little bit more if they would be willing to suffer a bit financially to provide a smooth launch for their players.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Perhaps once the game has been out for a while, the ratings will improve. For the moment at least, its likely that the ratings are 'earned' .. on the other hand, if the ratings  don't improve in the near future, that also says a lot about the game too. image

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

the problem is that single player need to have online (hope after Diablo 3 companys give up on this). i dont see the point, someone  will eventually make a private server like many did for WoW.

Bottom line ignore any user review less than a 5 or a 10.  They're etheir trolls and epic fanboys.

Originally posted by p_c_sousa

the problem is that single player need to have online (hope after Diablo 3 companys give up on this). i dont see the point, someone  will eventually make a private server like many did for WoW.

Those priated servers did not run the game, the guys running the server had to create the content and it was always buggy.

• NeoZcar2NeoZcar2 Member Posts: 136

I know there was a bunch of pissed off people that the regular difficulty verison of the game only contained between 12 and 15 hours of gameplay.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

Originally posted by Shaike

Originally posted by William12

How else would you judge the game?

GW2 and Torchlight II were both judged the same way - and even in their Beta state i would prefer them to the "final" D3 state.

GW2 and Torchlight II for me :-)

The only numbers that actually "matter" (if you into numbers that is) are the SALES-numbers......then suddenly D3 OWNZ with a cool fiew million sales wont it?

GW2 will be its only competition on the market.....the rest fails.....egain if you are a numbers kinda fella :p

To me number aint shit......i play the games i like no matter what the internet polls say.

Get a mind of you own people.....

• Rhianni32Rhianni32 Member Posts: 222

For those of you with half a brain that actually read those "reviews", they are people mad about the launch day servers rather then the game itself.

The entire "review" system on Amazon and sites like that are just voting booths.

• NumquamNumquam Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by Rhianni32

For those of you with half a brain that actually read those "reviews", they are people mad about the launch day servers rather then the game itself.

The entire "review" system on Amazon and sites like that are just voting booths.

Are you blind?

I see plenty of reviews like this one:

It is with great regret that I have to say this, but Diablo III epitomizes everything that is wrong with the current generation of gamers - gamers, who never had to learn things the hard way or actually work for their characters. Instead, they click re-roll/re-spec whenever things go wrong. Obviously the emphasis has been to please the masses - make a game that sells, regardless of how proud you are of it. At some point of the design process Blizzard became a game studio that saw things as they were and asked why, instead of being the studio that dreamed of things that never were and asked why not.

After seing WoW becoming a game for kids that just wanted action and had no attachment to their characters nor any interest in in-depth character customisation, I just knew this would be how Diablo would be. Blizzard is spitting on a genre by calling this an RPG, really.

Its fair enough that a lot of people can enjoy this, but during these years a huge group of RPG-gamers are being ignored because its easier to make money from kids than adults. Almost every game being developed by companies with decent budgets are overly simplified and lacking depth. It is all about being fast on your fingers and being easy to impress with visual effects and other shiny stuff.

I fully accept that this is entertaining for some people - though I fail to understand how it can be, but I think its utterly annoying that every bloody game with a decent budget is aimed at these peope. Even games in series that used to be above decent - Like Diablo.

Damn, I am  glad I didnt support Blizzard by buying this game. First they ruin the MMORPG-genre by reducing WoW to a nobrain-actiongame (which is copied by all other semi-large companies) and now the Action-RPG genre is reduced to simple action aswell. They deserve nothing but being mocked.