Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bold Prediction - The Secret World Will Be Game of The Year.

1789101113»

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by kanezfan

Since we're predicting things here...

I predict, and I am an unabashed GW2 fanboi, that GW2 will decimate the competition by year's end. Tera will have less than 100k subs, TSW will be a flash in the pan at most and it won't ever top 500k subs and will decline rapidly, SWTOR, well it is SWTOR after all lol, it'll have 200k subs, and WoW will hold steadily and it'll actually have a spike in subs for 2 or 3 months when MoP goes live. GW2 will sell something like 7 million copies in its first 2 years, and it'll have sold 4 million copies by the end of the year with no sign of slowing down.

Mark it down yeah!

One problem with GW2 is we will never be able to gauge retention. Anyone who buys the game and plays for five minutes will be considered an active account.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Fendel84M

One problem with GW2 is we will never be able to gauge retention. Anyone who buys the game and plays for five minutes will be considered an active account.

i'd judge it by amount of servers with decent load and how many actual people you see around. If it never feels like a ghost town even months down the road then Id say retention is doing just fine

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Loke666

Funny, I see it getting that price they have for most improved game next year, like AoC gotten earlier.

Yeah, I think FC will mess up the launch which would cost them the game of the year title.

On the other hand do I think it will be a fun game eventually.

just noting, you were wrong :)

• david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Pocahinha

lol seriously...i looked at the tread title and started laughing like a madman....made my day.

[mod edit] having a freaking blast in TSW, come join the fun, if your not too afraid..laughing

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Oh my God lol...

Well atleast we know there is a possibility. It's alright MMO for [ME], I had decided to buy to give me somthing to do till July 20th and then afterwards August 28th.

bcbully what server are you on?

;)  I'm on Cerberus bro. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • amadeuzamadeuz Member Posts: 73

I guess in the next 2-3 weeks TSW rating will dumb down to the ehhh...........................solid 7.

BTW Are we talking about MMO of the year or GOTY ??

because I haven't seen any online games win the GOTY in any years, even WoW. I think all of the MMO games have no chance to compete with the Console game and PC-offline

image I told you so.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by bcbully

image I told you so.

did they win this somewhere that I havent heard of?

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

Sorry but guild wars 2 will be MMO of the year.

• blackhawkzzblackhawkzz Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Istavaan

Sorry but guild wars 2 will be MMO of the year.

Gw2 has nothing innovative about it. But i suspect it will win.

Originally posted by Kuppa

image I told you so.

Nope but they have a dog in the fight.  image

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

image I told you so.

Nope but they have a dog in the fight.  image

Any MMO released this year has "a dog in the fight" for that matter. When you say something like "i told you so" its because what you said: "The Secret World Will Be Game of The Year" actually happend. In the mean time, you haven't really told us nothing.

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189

I liked TSW concept and even the game, but ive stopped playing anyway. Nonsense pvp as endgame?

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Kuppa Originally posted by bcbully  I told you so.
    Nope but they have a dog in the fight.  

I was already wondering whom the vicious little Chihuahua belonged to.

• eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151

People have different opinions about games since all is about taste. However, I don´t see Guild Wars 2, loosing the title as the game of the year and the media will probably ensure that this will happen sooner or later. It is not about what I like or what you like, it is simply about rating game, looking at different aspects and catching the flags. From what we have seen so far, Guild Wars 2 seem to almost dominate every single aspect when it comes to '' there is no real red flags here, but disliking because of taste ''.

Personally, I will still love The Secret World whatever the media and the fans say. It is me who will play and as long as Funcom do a great job fixing the game .. I will play it.

Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by bcbully  I told you so.
    Nope but they have a dog in the fight.  

I was already wondering whom the vicious little Chihuahua belonged to.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

It's either TSW or GW2... they both have a shot.

I pre-ordered GW2 before TSW and I've been in all beta weekends. But once I started playing TSW, my participation in GW2 BWEs got shorter and shorter. I took a Sylvari Ranger to 15 in the last one but mostly played TSW that weekend.

That's just my honest personal (and yes, surprised) reaction to TSW. I actually coughed up a 6 month sub for TSW... and I never do that.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED