Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IGN review is not accurate

At first I was not surprised, as after all the game is made by Cyanide Studios.

However, after watching a 30 minute gameplay video someone posted on the official forums and also seeing evidence of IGN's past review inaccuracies that posters showed me I bought the game.

It installed perfectly, looks beautiful and runs perfect at highest graphics settings.

The voice acting is better than Diablo 3's, and there are a few actors from the HBO series doing some of the voices.

it even has the musical score from the HBO series.

I will post a review after I play it some more, my only complaint so far is the large amount of dialog, but then again this game was marketed as a game of political intrigue, and the power of the word...so I am not too concerned.

it actually looks and plays very similar to Dragon Age Origins.

I bought the game last night, it installed flawlessly, ran flawlessly at max settings, looks beautiful, good voice acting, great story, combat, etc etc .

No bugs so far...except a crash where I alt tabbed out to windows. Fortunatley, the game autosaved right where I left off.

I am beginning to believe that its true, that this is a different dev team than the one that made Genesis, and also some of the posters claims that IGN is an unreliable reviewer. Thus, I am ignoring their poor review.

I will post one soon thats honest and accurate.

It looks and plays like Dragon Age 1, but with alot more dialog.

The world is mature, gritty and brutal just like the books, and some of the actors from the HBO series do some of the voiceovers.

Reading the books and seeing the HBO series will not provide spoilers or ruin the game/storyline because this is a new story, and was done that way intentionally to keep you on your toes and provide a fresh and new experience with the storyline.

Although, the gameplay reminds me of Dragon Age Origins, the provided tutorial is VERY helpful as the interface does have its own proprietary aspects. It took me some time to get used to it while in combat and also how the inventory works. In fact, I accidently lost an axe I found somehow...thus, take it slow.

I will keep editing this post as I play the game more and can provide more info.

Also, the more I play, the more I realize IGN has NO CLUE. This game is not Diablo 3 where you click click click and blaze thru content to keep up with the Koreans.

NO...you take your time...think, read, talk, make decisions and fight.

So pour your favorite Dark Stout, and eat some meat off the bone as Gimli would say and immerse yourself.....stay tuned for more.

Stay tuned for more...

Comments

• revengecyrevengecy Member UncommonPosts: 21

Mate the game of thrones game which came out today on Ps3, xbox 360 and pc isn't the game of thrones MMORPG. It's just a single player game of thrones game. the mmo will be browser based and only on pc and isn't coming this year most likely.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899
    Originally posted by revengecy

Mate the game of thrones game which came out today on Ps3, xbox 360 and pc isn't the game of thrones MMORPG. It's just a single player game of thrones game. the mmo will be browser based and only on pc and isn't coming this year most likely.

Seeing as how I am finding single player games much more rewarding than MMO's lately I find the review interesting.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

[mod edit]

I'm glad you posted this. I, too, am not touching this game until I more reviews are out. This team butchered Genesis, and we all now how video games that are based on television IPs are usually just cash grabs.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Wait.. Is this SPRPG.com, or is the OP a bit confused?