Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard just lost a customer

Comments

• HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220

Originally posted by Brakyoneck

Okay gamestop is not trying to stick it to you. If you come back from a midnight sale 10 minutes to 1 they are most likely closed and just can't throw new copies of the game out the door. So far nobody else on the planet has had this problem to know the answer. I am sure blizzard has some kind of fix for this. Have u tried contacting them?

I guess I can try calling them, I know I won't get an email tonight about it. it's almost 2 a.m. here though, I dunno if the line will still be up.

Yes I played SWTOR.

Originally posted by alkrmr

maybe one of your friends stole it while you were unboxing and they will give it to you in 15 mins...

If only this were true.

Yes I played SWTOR.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Originally posted by Hauvarn

maybe one of your friends stole it while you were unboxing and they will give it to you in 15 mins...

If only this were true.

Gamestop screws you over and you blame Blizzard?  Hmm.

Originally posted by Aori

Originally posted by Aori

thread title shouldve read, "Blizzard just lost a CD-Key" cause after you get your replacement copy i bet you're not going anywhere lol

I'll promise you now this is the last penny they've seen from me.  No wonder everybody just pirates games. 

Seriously, if you have everything you're supposed to have and there is no key on any page, any covers or any backside. You can take it back to the store and get it replaced. CD keys cannot be peeled off of what they're attached to without ripping or residue being noticed. So if it was truely stolen you'd be missing a cd case or manual.

If the store refuses your replacement, then you call their corporate office or blizzard themselves and they can help ya from there. Also you can try the other methods of just trying to exchange it for credit..

Either way this isn't a blizzard out to ya get ya thing. It can be fixed.

The problem is I went out of my way to play it tonight.  I woulda been fine and dandy if they would have replaced it, but they wouldn't, and they just shoed me off to wait till the morning.  All of you are gamers, you know what it's like to wait for something with your friends so you can all play together.  Now thats been ruined.  It's just a really shitty situation

It is what it is, shitty situation is i'm such a D3 fanboy and I work in 6 hours.. thats life. Problems can be fixed, blizzard doesn't run the gamestop store. Gamestop didn't call blizzard and be like hey some kid is at our door what do we do?

yeah I have to get up for work at 10 a.m. also.  Now I have to get up extra early so I can this fixed before the gamestop employee's try to screw me out of a cd key.

Yes I played SWTOR.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

this thread is dumb. smh

Originally posted by TheHavok

If only this were true.

Gamestop screws you over and you blame Blizzard?  Hmm.

I blame all of them.

Yes I played SWTOR.

Originally posted by baphamet

this thread is dumb. smh

Well get used to it, I don't have shit to do now.

Yes I played SWTOR.

• BrakyoneckBrakyoneck Member Posts: 3
    The problem with pc games is that if they are opened and returned, the store eats 70 bucks for something that could just be peleled off and told that it was missing. That's why I think there has to be a way blizzard can track it somehow. Not saying that you did that but it is a possible thing to do.
  • SidadSidad Member UncommonPosts: 50

My disc is unreadable. It looks like empty disc. Tech support says download game instead but there is no download link for Diablo 3.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Originally posted by Sidad

My disc is unreadable. It looks like empty disc. Tech support says download game instead but there is no download link for Diablo 3.

• BrakyoneckBrakyoneck Member Posts: 3
    I like how gamestop is the bad guy here. That's kinda funny.
  • redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

I just sent you a PM thru this site, please check your mail.

My disc is unreadable. It looks like empty disc. Tech support says download game instead but there is no download link for Diablo 3.

I tried but there is no D3 client only SC and WoW

• mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by Painlezz

Also, why didn't you buy digital from Battle.net like a normal person!?

And why would u buy digital version? Box version is $10 cheaper than digital version, at least in Australia. Digital version on billizard website costs $79.95 AUD, while box version in JB HI-FI only $69 AUD. 

• BanaghranBanaghran Member Posts: 869

Originally posted by mWo4life

And why would u buy digital version? Box version is $10 cheaper than digital version, at least in Australia. Digital version on billizard website costs $79.95 AUD, while box version in JB HI-FI only $69 AUD. 

To avoid the possibility to be angry and argue on the forums for much longer than you would have to spend to earn the 10 bucks?

Flame on!

:)

If I sold you a car and you only got wheels, I'd be the bad guy.

Yes I played SWTOR.

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240

I what way? In a way it's kind of redicilious that when you got a faulty product, like the OP, you can't return it. In The Netherlands shit is so bad then when you ripped of the protective cover, most shops won't take the game back. If the game has been played for two days, finished and then returned for a full refund, ye, I can understand why shops won't agree with that. But if you product is faulty, like missing CD keys, missing DVD's, etc. then you should be able to get at least a new copy.

Now with CD keys it's a bit iffy. If you open the case at home, see that the CD key is missing, go back to the shop and tell them there was no CD key in the case, I can understand why shops would be somewhat suspicious about that. Let's face it, it's the most easy thing a customer can do to get some easy extra cash. In the event that there really was no CD key in the case, the customer is pretty fucked, which is something that doesn't sit well with me. Same with the package system here. If I recieve a package, I need to sign for it, to prove I got the package. But I can't check the content of the package. So if it's broken or incomplete, it's my problem, not the one from the postalcompany. That crap pisses me off.

Aori had the best solution. In the future just make sure that you open the case in the shop, preferably where a shopkeeper can see it. In that way, if there is no CD key in the case, you can easily prove it that you didn't steal it or something like that. Or order online, which is what I did with Diablo 3. Enough sites offer CD keys for less money then what Blizzard asks for it. Got a wrong key a few times, but the site in question nearly instantly offered me a new one.

My disc is unreadable. It looks like empty disc. Tech support says download game instead but there is no download link for Diablo 3.

Just register your CD key first, then you will be able to download the client.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by MikkelB

Aori had the best solution. In the future just make sure that you open the case in the shop, preferably where a shopkeeper can see it. In that way, if there is no CD key in the case, you can easily prove it that you didn't steal it or something like that. Or order online, which is what I did with Diablo 3. Enough sites offer CD keys for less money then what Blizzard asks for it. Got a wrong key a few times, but the site in question nearly instantly offered me a new one.

I haven't bought games from retail shops in a long while but I remember that when I used to buy games this way, the guy in the shop would always offer to open the case to make sure everything is ok. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

[mod edit]

Hauvarn, man that sucks, big time. I don't blame you for being angry. I would be. I can't believe their was actually no cd? wow that has never happind to me before. You should call blizzard support. I'm sure they can help you my friend.

Cheers

-trash

Thank you very much this solved my problem.

• NotoriousXNotoriousX Member UncommonPosts: 197

because these extra 10$ for digital copy saves you the headache of you not being able to find your CD key and also makes you laugh when you read threads like this one.

[mod edit]

Tormented echoes of a fallen Eden
    I longed for her beauty
    Yet from dust, she returned
    The dream, an enigma.... silent

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

shoulda bought the ce, theres always a game key in the CE.  and if there isnt you can sue for billions.  regular edition they just dont care.

Thank you very much this solved my problem.

Glad I could help. At least on spot of brightness in this miserable thread image

Originally posted by dinos_21

because these extra 10$ for digital copy saves you the headache of you not being able to find your CD key and also makes you laugh when you read threads like this one.

[mod edit]

[mod edit]  I went back the store was locked.  I had to knock on the glass for a couple minutes just to get them to even come to the door just so they could tell me their computers are off and they can't do shit.  I'll admit I'm 19, I work for 10.50 an hour, I'm going to college, I don't have money.  I can't post on the official forums for help because I don't own their games.  I can't file a ticket because the service is not available.  I can't call them.  This is the only damn thing I can do

Yes I played SWTOR.