Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard just lost a customer

Comments

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498

24hr Wal-Mart FTW, sorta, if u like 3yr old chinese kids in slave labor. Well, ok, umm useful info, keep checking the Guest Pass thread.

I'm pretty sure they hustled you when they said they couldn't get u a new box because the computers were off. That's why I don't deal with Gamestop anymore or EB games, shit like this happens with them all the time, anyone who has ever worked there will tell you how corrupt that place can be. Especially when it comes to forking over the pre-order goods, they steal that like <insert metaphor> anyway, fuck gamestop.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by Fyronova

Originally posted by Painlezz

Can I have your stuff?

j/k

But this really made me somewhat laugh. 

P.S.  Blizzard likely has nothing to do with the box, the cd, or the package contents

Also, why didn't you buy digital from Battle.net like a normal person!?

Maybe because some of us still cherish having the boxed/physical games so we can put it in display like a normal person would?

Normal person? newsflash, more pc gamers use digital than not, and sorry to break this to you, but that would make THEM the normal people, not to mention all the people that buy retail and DONT display jack, which again, wouldnt make you the normal one.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Originally posted by Hauvarn

Originally posted by bartoni33

Originally posted by Aori

Don't buy a tampered box? It would have been obvious it was opened prior to purchase. I always open my games in the store after purchase in front of the cameras.

Very good advice there.

Again make sure to go to another store. Sounds like the purchacing store is giving you the runaround because they took a key. Did all your friends get theirs at the same place? If they did it might be an honest mistake at the maunfacturing plant. Could happen.

Yeah we all got it at the same gamestop, the next one to me is around 30 minutes away, would be closed before I got there. All the boxes looked exactly the same, just mine didn't have a cd key.

Could be a manufacturing mistake then.

What I would do is in the morning go to a local Walmart (I KNOW their is one close lol) return it without receipt for store credit and buy another one. Open it at the store to make sure. Sucks to not get to play it now but better than not at all.

I bought it from gamestop.  I don't think they'd take my game at walmart

That's why you tell them you "lost" the receipt. Trust me it will work. All bar codes are the same for all games.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

The chances of you not having a cd key in your box attached to your disc or manual whichever is so small. I've never heard of anyone getting screwed out of a cd key on a box purchases unless there was foul play.

I'm just going to pin this on fabrication.

It happened to me years ago when I bought C&C RA2. Pissed me off so much i still remember it 12 years later.

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498

Don't buy a tampered box? It would have been obvious it was opened prior to purchase. I always open my games in the store after purchase in front of the cameras.

Very good advice there.

Again make sure to go to another store. Sounds like the purchacing store is giving you the runaround because they took a key. Did all your friends get theirs at the same place? If they did it might be an honest mistake at the maunfacturing plant. Could happen.

Yeah we all got it at the same gamestop, the next one to me is around 30 minutes away, would be closed before I got there. All the boxes looked exactly the same, just mine didn't have a cd key.

The chances of you not having a cd key in your box attached to your disc or manual whichever is so small. I've never heard of anyone getting screwed out of a cd key on a box purchases unless there was foul play.

I'm just going to pin this on fabrication.

EB Games, Settlers IV, no cdkey. I was so pissed.

• HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220

Originally posted by Trionicus

24hr Wal-Mart FTW, sorta, if u like 3yr old chinese kids in slave labor. Well, ok, umm useful info, keep checking the Guest Pass thread.

I'm pretty sure they hustled you when they said they couldn't get u a new box because the computers were off. That's why I don't deal with Gamestop anymore or EB games, shit like this happens with them all the time, anyone who has ever worked there will tell you how corrupt that place can be. Especially when it comes to forking over the pre-order goods, they steal that like anyway, fuck gamestop.

Yeah I know they fucked me when they said that.  but I'm going to be there first thing in the morning raising hell.

Yes I played SWTOR.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by JeroKane

Can I have your stuff?

j/k

P.S.  Blizzard likely has nothing to do with the box, the cd, or the package contents

Because the box in the store is cheaper than Blizzards digital edition! /facepalm

Significantly so in the EU!

While I figure out how to upload pics on this website I just made it my avatar.  Thats my sleeve with no CD key

If someone tells me how to upload images on this site I'll right a nice note and a bigger image of my missing CD key

Yes I played SWTOR.

• alkrmralkrmr Member UncommonPosts: 236

thread title shouldve read, "Blizzard just lost a CD-Key" cause after you get your replacement copy i bet you're not going anywhere lol

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Maybe you don't know how to find cd key in manual. I never saw any game without cd key and specialy from Blizzard. There is only 2 option-You just don't know how to find cd key or somebody from the store take it

Originally posted by alkrmr

thread title shouldve read, "Blizzard just lost a CD-Key" cause after you get your replacement copy i bet you're not going anywhere lol

I'll promise you now this is the last penny they've seen from me.  No wonder everybody just pirates games. 

Yes I played SWTOR.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

I went through some trouble to get money before I get paid to get this piece of shit and theres no cd key in the box.  Blizzard is never seeing a dime out of me again

The CD Key is on the cover of the game DVD .

If that fails then least you have guest pass to play :/

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

While I figure out how to upload pics on this website I just made it my avatar.  Thats my sleeve with no CD key

If someone tells me how to upload images on this site I'll right a nice note and a bigger image of my missing CD key

Dude why in the fuck are you going through all that trouble to please some trolls? I see in your profile you are only 19. I'm a little over twice as old as you so listen: Don't let what people say over the internet bother you or get you down. Fuck them straight up the ass. Like a boss.

Just do what I said eariler and it will be OK.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

The box was flawless, don't try to pin this shit on me.  I live 2 minutes away from gamestop, I was back within 10 minutes of getting the game and they just left me in the dust.

I am 100% certain this happened.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Originally posted by palulalula

Maybe you don't know how to find cd key in manual. I never saw any game without cd key and specialy from Blizzard. There is only 2 option-You just don't know how to find cd key or somebody from the store take it

The CD key isn't in the manual.  I've looked through three different games my friends got and all of them has a CD key on the sleeve.  Maybe blizzard should just handle their shit better

Yes I played SWTOR.

Originally posted by waynejr2

The box was flawless, don't try to pin this shit on me.  I live 2 minutes away from gamestop, I was back within 10 minutes of getting the game and they just left me in the dust.

I am 100% certain this happened.

It probably did happen, the thing is the box looked no different then everyone elses that were getting it.  the tape wasn't ripped the box was all nice the cardboard wasn't ripped off or anything.  It looked legit.  I just didn't think this kinda shit would happen to me, and the fact that I can walk to the store in less than 5 minutes I just decided to open it at my house.

Yes I played SWTOR.

• SythionSythion Member Posts: 422

Because the box in the store is cheaper than Blizzards digital edition! /facepalm

So they sold you a box at lower than MSRP and you were surprised it didn't have a cd key?

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

The CD key isn't in the manual.  I've looked through three different games my friends got and all of them has a CD key on the sleeve.  Maybe blizzard should just handle their shit better

Oh well bad luck . I would be pissed too . And in about 15 mins when the servers go live Ill be thinking about how bad it would suck not to beable to play ... especially if log in crashes :)

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Maybe is some cheap fake copy from China nd you didnt buy original. You should blame the store :). But maybe they just forgot to print ha ha. Buy another one

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Can I have your stuff?

j/k

Let me see. Amazon price was 25-27 pounds Blizzard's was 45 pounds. I wonder why I wouldn't go for digital.

You should always buy from store you trust. I am getting my copy today from Amazon and I know that if there's no CD key in there they will replace it for me. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Dude why in the fuck are you going through all that trouble to please some trolls? I see in your profile you are only 19. I'm a little over twice as old as you so listen: Don't let what people say over the internet bother you or get you down. Fuck them straight up the ass. Like a boss.

Just do what I said eariler and it will be OK.

I'm just really pissed right now, gotta vent, can't post on the official site either.  

Yes I played SWTOR.

Originally posted by Sythion

So they sold you a box at lower than MSRP and you were surprised it didn't have a cd key?

No I paid 60$ plus 5$ to pre-order.  seems the regular price to me.

Yes I played SWTOR.

• alkrmralkrmr Member UncommonPosts: 236

maybe one of your friends stole it while you were unboxing and they will give it to you in 15 mins...

• BrakyoneckBrakyoneck Member Posts: 3
    Okay gamestop is not trying to stick it to you. If you come back from a midnight sale 10 minutes to 1 they are most likely closed and just can't throw new copies of the game out the door. So far nobody else on the planet has had this problem to know the answer. I am sure blizzard has some kind of fix for this. Have u tried contacting them?

Originally posted by alkrmr

I'll promise you now this is the last penny they've seen from me.  No wonder everybody just pirates games. 

Seriously, if you have everything you're supposed to have and there is no key on any page, any covers or any backside. You can take it back to the store and get it replaced. CD keys cannot be peeled off of what they're attached to without ripping or residue being noticed. So if it was truely stolen you'd be missing a cd case or manual.

If the store refuses your replacement, then you call their corporate office or blizzard themselves and they can help ya from there. Also you can try the other methods of just trying to exchange it for credit..

Either way this isn't a blizzard out to ya get ya thing. It can be fixed.

The problem is I went out of my way to play it tonight.  I woulda been fine and dandy if they would have replaced it, but they wouldn't, and they just shoed me off to wait till the morning.  All of you are gamers, you know what it's like to wait for something with your friends so you can all play together.  Now thats been ruined.  It's just a really shitty situation

Yes I played SWTOR.