Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3 faction cross shard pvp confirmed

13»

Comments

• XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359

Originally posted by Istavaan

they saw what arenanet were doing and blatantly ripped it off.

Considering that Trion was one of the first companies to implement dynamic events in a triple A MMO, I'd say that ANet is just as guilty of ripping them off.

Although, Rift's dynamic events are a little more dynamic than GW2's

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149

Because Arenanet came up with this novel idea all on their own. This has never been done in any game before. Every facet of GW2 is completely original.

*Disclaimer for the not so smart, yes this is sarcasm.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

So... they're taking WvWvW from GW2, removing castles, keeps, siege engines, supply outposts, etc. and adding the ability to choose at will the faction you want to fight for. And... adding this on top of the existing framework of the game.

I'm rather impressed to be honest. Hopefully this will be successful enough that they'll be able to scale things up in the future, adding structures etc. Good luck Rifters, may it be a blast!

Oderint, dum metuant.

• AskedanAskedan Member Posts: 39

Trion is such a joke.

They make a WOW clone, copy everything from other games.

And now that their game is slowly dying / becoming F2P, they start copying things from other games again.

Since 3 faction PVP is the "cool thing to do" they do it now too.

Lol, nobody cares about Rift anymore... why bother?

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533
    Originally posted by Askedan

Trion is such a joke.

They make a WOW clone, copy everything from other games.

And now that their game is slowly dying / becoming F2P, they start copying things from other games again.

Since 3 faction PVP is the "cool thing to do" they do it now too.

Lol, nobody cares about Rift anymore... why bother?

WoW copied a lot of things from other games (meridian , EQ, etc) as well. It's how well you polish and implement those features that matter, not whether or not they are original. 

And obviously people do care about Rift still, seeing as how Trion is still able to pay their employees to make more content.

Anyways, I haven't played in months. So I'm going to go ahead and come back for a bit and check things out. 

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• xSaintxxSaintx Member UncommonPosts: 75

Acccctually, Dark Age of Camelot did the first 3 faction MMO with the Realm vs Realm concept. It hasn't been duplicated well... hopefully until this year. I'm intrigued by Trion's attempt, let's see if they pull this off. Though the description doesn't seem to be persistent battlegrounds, but rather, just a timed match - which I'm not a fan of. Time will tell...

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

HEY FUNCOM!!!!!
    Take a look over here!
    This is a good example of what you are supposed to do with MMOs after you release them.
    Companies are actually supposed to assign developers to continue to work on and develop the game in order to keep it relevant. That is what that $15.00/mo is supposed to go towards.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855

This and the other features being previewed really do stink of "dart boarding".

Basically Trion is throwing whatever they can at Rift and seeing what sticks. From copying ideas from other MMOs to applying their own bad ideas.

This has the unfortunate side effect of none of the features feel truly implemented/fleshed out/polished.

As someone else mentioned they create Instant Adventures and then subsequently abandon it because Trion became fixated on something else.

Yeah, its great that Trion is working hard on new content but they also need to focus on the content and features they already have.

Rift has always felt like a quality half done MMO and that doesnt seem to be changing anytime soon.

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

Bravo Trion... bravo!

I do not play Rift, but considering the new world pvp mechanic, I might soon become a new Rift player (that is, until GW2 comes out). I wonder how long till WOW catches up?

• DominionlordDominionlord Member UncommonPosts: 180

if this had been around after the first few months of release, i might have stuck around.

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

This and the other features being previewed really do stink of "dart boarding".
    Basically Trion is throwing whatever they can at Rift and seeing what sticks. From copying ideas from other MMOs to applying their own bad ideas.
    This has the unfortunate side effect of none of the features feel truly implemented/fleshed out/polished.
    As someone else mentioned they create Instant Adventures and then subsequently abandon it because Trion became fixated on something else.
    Yeah, its great that Trion is working hard on new content but they also need to focus on the content and features they already have.
    Rift has always felt like a quality half done MMO and that doesnt seem to be changing anytime soon.

I agree with most of your points... however, I do give kudos to Trion for working double time on improving Rift. Some see it as "dart boarding", I see it as realizing what is working in other games and what gamers want and giving it to them. Just because you have wvw doesn't mean you'll be successful, it has to be implemented correctly and polished enough. We'll see if Trion can pull it off. I once dismissed Rift as just another mmo to put back on the shelf, but now I find myself rooting for them.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Wow. I can't think of another MMORPG that has managed to add content that is such a departure from the game's original setup. I might actually try this out.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Were you able to type that with a straight face?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson