Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3 faction cross shard pvp confirmed

Comments

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361

Originally posted by Pivotelite

Good job on Rift and the developers over at Trion, I think charging for expansions is robbery and it's a reason I stopped supporting Blizzard, I will never play WoW again. They also charge you an arm and a leg for anything from gender change, to cosmetic mounts or server transfer. 

Trion earns a lot of respect from me for developing content from the money generated by the sub fee, the way subscription MMOs were supposed to be and should be.

x100000000000000000

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

That's interesting. Trion continues to impress me with their update/support philosophy. I hope other devs follow suit.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Originally posted by Pivotelite

Good job on Rift and the developers over at Trion, I think charging for expansions is robbery and it's a reason I stopped supporting Blizzard, I will never play WoW again. They also charge you an arm and a leg for anything from gender change, to cosmetic mounts or server transfer. 

Trion earns a lot of respect from me for developing content from the money generated by the sub fee, the way subscription MMOs were supposed to be and should be.

You would think DAoC fans would finally be proven right after so many 2 faction attempts at pvp have failed. Trion is showing Blizzard the path to 3 faction pvp. People say they have not innovated, but they are taking this themepark and adding things we were TOLD are not possible.

Also I called it. Just like they jacked the merc system from TOR less then 2 months after it released they took inspiration from DAoC and GW2.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Trion never ceases to amaze me.  Someone give Trion all of EA's games and heck, throw in SOE's games too.  Maybe even let them have WoW so we can actually get content updates to finally earn our monthly sub, lol.

Seriously though, Trion has got cajones and I am really impressed with their "innovative" content updates.   Can't wait to see what else they do with this game.  Hopefully add a whole new leveling aspect to take the tedium away from leveling Alts. 

• SilverbarrSilverbarr Member Posts: 306

Originally posted by elocke

Trion never ceases to amaze me.  Someone give Trion all of EA's games and heck, throw in SOE's games too.  Maybe even let them have WoW so we can actually get content updates to finally earn our monthly sub, lol.

Seriously though, Trion has got cajones and I am really impressed with their "innovative" content updates.   Can't wait to see what else they do with this game.  Hopefully add a whole new leveling aspect to take the tedium away from leveling Alts. 

I have to agree Trion is an amazing company when it comes to updates and new features.

I may even go back to Rift and see what has all changed from the time I last played :) especially with 3-way cross fac tion PvP!

M

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Support the Indie Developers - Kickstarter

• FinitFinit Member Posts: 145

I've never played Rift but I am impressed with its Developers.  When it launched I really just thought it was a Wow-clone, a relatively fair assessment at the time.  Over time, Rift has proven itself again and again, that it can adapt to the environment around it and improve upon itself.  I will probably never play Rift, but I am glad they have found a playerbase b/c they deserve it. 

(I am a GW2 fan, but I have no quarrels with Devs taking cues from GW2.  Afterall, as already mentioned, WvWvW came from DAoC in the first place.  I wish all the best to Rift and Trion.)

My Guild Wars 2 Blog can be found here: Divinity's Reach

• WarbsWarbs Member Posts: 245

They are doing just that, they are bringing in Instant Adventures to lower level zones asawell as bringing in a mentoring system.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

They had my interest until I read this part here:

The match ends when a single team has claimed 40% of the control points or 5,000 players are killed – once this happens a 10 minute timer will start, this is your chance to make a last grab for control – after which you’ll earn your rewards!

Really, the "match" ends?  Just another glorfied battleground then, with more opponents, especially in light of the statement of no keep warfare.

Not what I'm looking for, so I won't be back any time soon.

But I will give Trion props for always looking to improve their game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

They had my interest until I read this part here:

The match ends when a single team has claimed 40% of the control points or 5,000 players are killed – once this happens a 10 minute timer will start, this is your chance to make a last grab for control – after which you’ll earn your rewards!

Really, the "match" ends?  Just another glorfied battleground then, with more opponents, especially in light of the statement of no keep warfare.

Not what I'm looking for, so I won't be back any time soon.

But I will give Trion props for always looking to improve their game.

Lets us get some details out before we jump to conclusions. They are well aware this is supposed to be a long term matches. This could take weeks for all we really know.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I played for 10 months. Trion hands down has the best team in the biz. I'm preaching to the choir I know :) but It can not be stated enough. 

This is an AWESOME anouncement for this game!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

Copy WoW at release, Copy gw2 after release.

Why think, or be creative when you can just rip off games? 

Trion is like that 90 pound kid in highschool who tried to follow the jocks and take up weight training, couse he thought it would get him laid.

Trion is pathedic.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

Originally posted by WellzyC

Trion is like that 90 pound kid in highschool who tried to follow the jocks and take up weight training, couse he thought it would get him laid.

Trion is pathedic.

GW2 copied RIFT's dynamic world model...  Well if you say that I can say this anyways..

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

Trion is pathedic.

Trion is an Awsome company... they add value to their game like no other. 

And hey could you explain me how Blizzard works ? i'm quite sure they follow the same "copy and improve what its great" and look where they are !

Creativity is a good thing for games but delivery and improvements top that anyday. If you don't think so... look at Diablo 3 numbers.

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

I think its most entertaining that you guys are actualy ok with this blatent, and lazy trend.

I will not play a Trion or EA game until somone goes to their headquaters and removes the Ctr+x and Ctr+v   keys from their keyboard. Perhaps that will promote some creative thinking.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

some people have no idea how dumb their words make them look..

• XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359

Trion continues to prove that they have one of the best (if not the best) development teams in the MMO genre.  

Originally posted by Warbs

They are doing just that, they are bringing in Instant Adventures to lower level zones asawell as bringing in a mentoring system.

I was thinking more along the lines of brand new 1-50 zones with their own quests and progression. This way one could choose which zones they decide to level in.  You know, similar to how WoW, Lotro, EQ2 and a few others do it.  We have got to get back to that type of world design and away from the ONE patch design that SWTOR, Tera and a few others have been doing of late.

I was thinking more along the lines of brand new 1-50 zones with their own quests and progression. This way one could choose which zones they decide to level in.  You know, similar to how WoW, Lotro, EQ2 and a few others do it.  We have got to get back to that type of world design and away from the ONE patch design that SWTOR, Tera and a few others have been doing of late.

The problem is WoW leveling zones are barren and dead. They are trying this cross server zone thing now just because of that. It is seriously some wierd crap. Multiple leveling zones seem like a great idea for the initial hype and rush, but a year later they are empty.

I think its most entertaining that you guys are actualy ok with this blatent, and lazy trend.

I will not play a Trion or EA game until somone goes to their headquaters and removes the Ctr+x and Ctr+v   keys from their keyboard. Perhaps that will promote some creative thinking.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  Every business does this everywhere.  You always copy what will help your product more or what the customers will be looking for.  You don't not include it, that's just financial suicide.  It's what drives competition, company A develops X and company B sees the profit they make and copies X while improving on it or putting their own spin on it.  Back and forth, customer wins.  It's when it comes down to cost that makes the difference.  Lumping Trion in the same sentence with EA is just silly.  One is independant the other a corporate conglomerate.  Guess who is doing the better job at that "Ctrl+V" you just complained about.  Trion, because they still only charge the monthly sub, not expansion prices or DLC prices.

Originally posted by Puremallace

The problem is WoW leveling zones are barren and dead. They are trying this cross server zone thing now just because of that. It is seriously some wierd crap. Multiple leveling zones seem like a great idea for the initial hype and rush, but a year later they are empty.

Are you saying you wouldn't want more options for leveling or a larger world?  So what if the zones are dead.  That's part and parcel of a Level based progression system.  GW2 and TSW are showing how to get away from that, but that's not my point here.  I just want options to enjoy and immerse into the world more, the way I did in WoW and EQ2 and Lotro.  Plus, WoW is doing that new cross server zone finder and maybe other games, like Rift will do something similar, if it works.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

they saw what arenanet were doing and blatantly ripped it off.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

That is Rift's "deal", it feels just like the other games you play.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by Puremallace

The number one complaint about Rift is its world size.  You personally may not want a bigger world, but if Telara was comparable in size (and scope) to Vanilla Azeroth, Rift would without question have more subscribers.

Also, WoW is almost 8 years old now.  Those leveling zones were populated for a good 4 or 5 years before they started thinning out a bit.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

the pvp zone has a timer, sounds shit to me.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

I am officially tempted to return to Rift XD