Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On the eve of D3, it's getting ugly in the official forums

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Originally posted by CrunkJuice2

Originally posted by Zekiah

Originally posted by Barbarbar

The real disaster is the community and their treatment of an expensive attempt at an MMO. Surely, after seeing the shitstorm Bioware was engulfed in, no new big money is willing to attempt the risk of making an expensive MMO. Just not worth it.

Blame the community? For a crappy game?

Wow.

the community is part of the reason why swtor is doing so bad

part being the key word there

then again,talking about community in a diablo 3 related post.i guess you guys should look up with annual pass is,im sure you wont find much of a better community in diablo 3 then you found in swtor

This just too ridiculous! Listen to yourself!  How in earth can you blame the players for SW:TOR's failing??

I mean... WoW is famous for it's horrible community!  Ever seen those forums?  Makes even SW:TOR's forums like a serene calm cosy place lol!  And yet that game has been the number 1 MMO for over 7 years!

If a game is good! People will play it!

If a game sucks! People will stop playing it and start looking for something else!

Pure and simple! There is nothing else to it!

• CrunkJuice2CrunkJuice2 Member Posts: 568

The real disaster is the community and their treatment of an expensive attempt at an MMO. Surely, after seeing the shitstorm Bioware was engulfed in, no new big money is willing to attempt the risk of making an expensive MMO. Just not worth it.

Wow.

Blaming customers for corporate failure has never worked out too well in the past. Just a thought.

so its the companys fault that so many people are re rolling on a couple servers,its the communitys fault the official forums are trashed by ex wow players wanting every single feature wow had?

like i said,i put more blame on the community then i do bioware for swtor being a bad game,not that im saying its bad.its a nice time waster until other mmos come out.but anyone who isnt a casual playing swtor is wasting there time

and i happen to not be a casual

"How in earth can you blame the players for SW:TOR's failing?"

because they never even gave the game a chance.thats why

eather way,i wonder whos wonderful idea it was to allow people who unsubbed post on the official forums,i bet if they did what 99 percent of every other mmo company in america does and if you dont have an account you cant post the official forums would look alot better then they do today

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Wow.

Blaming customers for corporate failure has never worked out too well in the past. Just a thought.

so its the companys fault that so many people are re rolling on a couple servers,its the communitys fault the official forums are trashed by ex wow players wanting every single feature wow had?

like i said,i put more blame on the community then i do bioware for swtor being a bad game,not that im saying its bad.its a nice time waster until other mmos come out.but anyone who isnt a casual playing swtor is wasting there time

That's what happens when you design a game around a quick cash grab, people tend to get pissed off about it. Not to mention this is Star Wars we're talking about. I'm pissed off and I didn't even buy the game.

The gaming community deserves better than that but it's thought processes like yours that will ensure the crappy cycle will continue.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

Wow.

That's what happens when you design a game around a quick cash grab, people tend to get pissed off about it. Not to mention this is Star Wars we're talking about. I'm pissed off and I didn't even buy the game.

The gaming community deserves better than that but it's thought processes like yours that will ensure the crappy cycle will continue.

the gaming community deserves better yeah.but when you look at swtor and world of warcraft,id rather just not give them anything but a swift kick in the ass because there more like whiney babys then gamers to me

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Wow.

LMAO!  They advertised the game publically as a WoW clone in Space!  So no wonder people start comparing it to WoW!

Second, the vast majority of gamers don't even visit forums! They just see the adds, buy the game and play it! And when it stops being fun, they quit!

And blaming people for rerolling to a few servers that are actually still populated, because their server has died out?  Are you THAT daft!

My server went from FULL to Light population within two months!  I cannot stomach to reroll on another server and start all over again, going to the exact same crappy PVE content all over again. Thanks but no thanks! I just quit!

So yes! It's the company's fault to care more about positive press, than their customers and refuse to accept that the vast majority of their servers are dead and start transfering those poor bastards that are left, to more populated servers or just merge them!

No instead, they artificially inflate subscriber numbers, by giving practically everyone a free month just before the Q4 report, to present an illusion to their stake holders that the game is doing fine!  /FACEPALM

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

Wow.

HUH? Community's fault they made a bad game? If I remember right the community warned them not to make it like they did (See beta testers). EA shunned, ignored and tried humiliating anyone that suggested anything that wasn't in EA's design.

Seriously, your blaming the players? For one the re-rolling on a couple of servers is to have people to play with. There would be no need to re-roll if the game was good. I'll give you the WOW player comment lol but if the game was good to begin with then that would never happen.

Sorry, you can't blame the players for revolting, there is a reason they are and if you can't see it then I don't know what to tell you.

Wow.

the gaming community deserves better yeah.but when you look at swtor and world of warcraft,id rather just not give them anything but a swift kick in the ass because there more like whiney babys then gamers to me

What do you expect? They showed a Ferrari on the exhibition floor and everyone thought it was great until they got it home only to find out it had a Yugo engine underneath the hood. You can't blame gamers for being pissed off, it's a crappy game... a crappy Star Wars game.

Until gamers start demanding these incompetent fools design better games and until people stop falling for the same hype/marketing gimmiks, the abuse is only going to continue and the rage will grow.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

"And blaming people for rerolling to a few servers that are actually still populated, because their server has died out?  Are you THAT daft!"

some people generally look at mmos as having more then a couple servers with a population.i honestly doubt this game will have more then 3 servers with a good population if free transfers roll out and they dont limit them to the servers needed most

but hey,thats just more reasons to throw in the example of how fail bioware is at the mmo business.but i guess i should of seen it coming at how bad swtor was gonna be,since bioware cant even do single player rpgs without having them crippled with bugs and other things

"Until gamers start demanding these incompetent fools design better games "

that would just further make the mmo genre community look bad.and i think world of warcraft has already done a good enough job at being an example

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555

Originally posted by ignore_me

Originally posted by Bombzaway

First!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=311346

omg this made me laugh! hilarious. did you do this just to prove the point? lolz

Wow that thread survived for a whole 7 minutes before being locked.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

that would just further make the mmo genre community look bad.and i think world of warcraft has already done a good enough job at being an example

The gaming community already looks bad when they act like suckers and reward these craptastic cash-grabs and half-a** efforts with cash.

Looking bad is one thing the gaming community does very well all on its own.

Originally posted by VassagoMael

Originally posted by ignore_me

Originally posted by Bombzaway

First!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=311346

omg this made me laugh! hilarious. did you do this just to prove the point? lolz

Wow that thread survived for a whole 7 minutes before being locked.

i think its kinda sad with all the places they could of partnered with to make the game better.they pick some collectable company.yeah partnering with a place that makes a bunch of junk is really gonna improve your game

oh wait thats right,they'd rather just pull people from there own company working on single player rpgs.im sure the game will improve when it has more people who havent a clue how to make good content in a actual mmo

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

Wow.

Yes it's the companies fault for making a  crappy wow clone with a crappy story and that they spent millions on crappy voice overs.

The gaming community already looks bad when they act like suckers and reward these craptastic cash-grabs and half-a** efforts with cash.

You do have a point. I didn't fall for it but a "reported" 2.4 million did. I see the same thing happening with GW2. I'm not knocking GW2 but the hype is over the top almost as much as it was for TOR.

The companies keep making bad games but I have to be honest, we keep letting them.

I think the very words a swtor dev used was, "wow is our touchstone".

I cant wait for the day EA go out of business it will be great for the gaming industry

• JesterMesterJesterMester Member UncommonPosts: 22

Last really fun MMO I played with a great community was.... Starwars Galaxies (Pre-CU & CU). Everquest 1 was tons of fun with friends, Everquest 2 was alrighty in the beginning albite the bugs here and there, then that got dumbed down for the WoW generation.

SWTOR should of been KOTOR 3, period.

Originally posted by Bardus

You do have a point. I didn't fall for it but a "reported" 2.4 million did. I see the same thing happening with GW2. I'm not knocking GW2 but the hype is over the top almost as much as it was for TOR.

The companies keep making bad games but I have to be honest, we keep letting them.

the very same thing is not happening with guild wars 2, guild wars 2 is a quality title its hype is generated because people have actually played the game and its fun. the effort Arena net have put into guld wars 2 is very evident if you actually play the game. the lack of effort in swtor is also very evident..comparing the two is an insult to a dev them that put in the work

" because people have actually played the game"

correction,they played the beta.not the game

eather way,i never rode the hype train in swtor,and im not riding the hype train in gw2.the only reason i care about gw2 is because the pvp looks good.not tacked on garbage like swtor

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

If GW2 and Copernicus go the same way then yes, you are right.

But only one success is needed for all investors to forget all negative things.

TORs problem is really that it ain't much of a multiplayer game. That would be fine if it was B2P but with monthly fees players need more social parts to the game. While they actually can fix this up the game will never do as fine as it would have if they focused more on it from the start.

I really do understand how Bioware thought when they made the game and the logic would have worked fine if there weren´t  for those pesky monthly fees. But I also think they put too much money in it considering that it is somewhere in between a MMORPG and a CORPG.

It is not a bad game though but not something I pay 15 bucks a month for.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

" because people have actually played the game"

correction,they played the beta.not the game

eather way,i never rode the hype train in swtor,and im not riding the hype train in gw2.the only reason i care about gw2 is because the pvp looks good.not tacked on garbage like swtor

That is not really strange, Biowares experience of PvP are very limited (Neverwinter nights at least had it possible). ANET on the other hand have a lot more experience.

Biowares speciality is story & characters, while they might get PvP right eventually they will need a lot more experience to pull that off.

Originally posted by Istavaan

the very same thing is not happening with guild wars 2, guild wars 2 is a quality title its hype is generated because people have actually played the game and its fun. the effort Arena net have put into guld wars 2 is very evident if you actually play the game. the lack of effort in swtor is also very evident..comparing the two is an insult to a dev them that put in the work

With all due respect (yep there's that phrase) how far can you get in beta? Can you get maxed out and all geared up and test the end game? Not all but lots of people like the leveling in TOR but in beta nobody could get to the end game to see it's an empty void. TOR worked hard to polish the 1st half of leveling and that's the section the majority of people in beta experienced. The hype carried it the rest of the way did it not? The doctored up videos and out right lies how the game is going to change the world? 200 hours of unique story telling for each class? 100 vs 100 PVP? Need I keep going? 2.4 million got suckered and as long as gamers bite on paid reviews, doctored footage and lies then what incentive is that to start providing a quality product?

Only thing to do is a smart thing like don't preorder or buy it at launch. Make companies prove they have created a masterpiece before recovering their investment. Hell, like for TOR we waited what 5 years from them announcing they were making it? What's another month or two? JEEZ!

As for GW2, I'm not judging it, I'm not following it, fantasy is not my thing. I hope it's good but from what I'm seeing it's getting super hyped and people are biting on it just like they did TOR. That concerns me because if it does turn out to be garbage then we have yet another example of leading the sheep to slaughter, and they will fall for it again on the next game.

Why are so many people so damn gullible when it comes to game releases? We wouldn't put up with this crap from any other product in the world but we sure do games.

• madjonNZmadjonNZ Member Posts: 143

GW2, TSW and WOW:MOP  are going to kill SWTOR subs for sure.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Read red.

Though I really don't say I agree that Bioware is craptastic but did half ass in a few areas Ilum being one of them.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

I've seen a couple of posts actually blaming the customers for the game being bad. I laugh every time I hear that joke.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011