Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Not Another Fantasy MMO

2»

Comments

• IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304

yes I unlocked almost all the abilities we were able to in this lastweekends beta and if you did to and did not feel like you had total freedom then your just a noob lol. I had some wicked combos set up. Yes yer restricked to 7 actives of your two weapons, but are not limited to stayuing with those two weapons. The passives is where the real freedom comes to play if ya take the time to look at everything you'll find that many passives are not restricted to your weapons or active abilities. For example lick your wonds a passive from fist weapons gives you a stacking HoT buff on attack that will work with any attack from any tree

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

One of the main things I do in mmorpgs is roleplay. The setting alone is worth the purchase.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

Originally posted by DrWookie

Correction from the article:

The game DOES NOT allow you "total freedom". Please stop advertising it as such. Take one look at the skill tree and you realize there is not "total freedom"...there are linear trees spread out throughout 9 weapon skills. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, I'm just pointing out it is NOT a "free" skill tree where you can take what you want when you want it. 

Hmmm you are splitting hairs here. The point of the statment that the game has total freedom is that there are no dead ends preventing you from doing what you want in terms of skills. Sure you have to 'earn' these skills but once you have earnt them then you have TOTAL FREEDOM to build any style of combat you want with the only restriction being 2 weapons, 7 active skills and 7 passive.

Many MMO's have you choose a class or a certain theme and once you travel down that path you cannot try another. In fact, as I think longer about it I am struggling to think of any game that will allow you to change your role at any time, allows you access to ALL skills and allows you to change skills/roles at any time out of combat. The closest I can think of is RIft which I played but even that was restricted heavily...anyone think of an MMO where you have the same freedom as TSW?

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754

The problem I have with NY/London/Tokyo is you really dont interact with them much......THe people are there but the majority stand there with no real purpose....The game really doesn't start until Kingsmouth (which all 3 factions are sent to).

• azrielmackayazrielmackay Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by marz.at.play

How did you get to experience the Illuminati when I only got to experience the Templars?

He may have been playing the persistent beta.  There are ongoing beta phases outside of the beta weekends.  Those seem to be focused on squashing bugs, and the beta weekends (which have more invited) for stress testing.

As for those worried about a repeat of Tortage, that would only be a problem if the beta were limited to the starter zone.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Originally posted by Maelwydd

Originally posted by DrWookie

Correction from the article:

The game DOES NOT allow you "total freedom". Please stop advertising it as such. Take one look at the skill tree and you realize there is not "total freedom"...there are linear trees spread out throughout 9 weapon skills. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, I'm just pointing out it is NOT a "free" skill tree where you can take what you want when you want it. 

Hmmm you are splitting hairs here. The point of the statment that the game has total freedom is that there are no dead ends preventing you from doing what you want in terms of skills. Sure you have to 'earn' these skills but once you have earnt them then you have TOTAL FREEDOM to build any style of combat you want with the only restriction being 2 weapons, 7 active skills and 7 passive.

Many MMO's have you choose a class or a certain theme and once you travel down that path you cannot try another. In fact, as I think longer about it I am struggling to think of any game that will allow you to change your role at any time, allows you access to ALL skills and allows you to change skills/roles at any time out of combat. The closest I can think of is RIft which I played but even that was restricted heavily...anyone think of an MMO where you have the same freedom as TSW?

There are none. The Ability Wheel is revolutionary.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"