Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A suggestion to gain credibility

124»

Comments

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Originally posted by freston

Since last BWE, ive readen lots of reviews by people who claim they took part in it, some positive, some not so much. Among the second, you find some from people who clearly played the game and found it was not their cup of tea (generally people expecting a more sandboxy feel ) and people who , for reasons i cant even begin to understand, havent really touched it but claim they have in an effort to give substance to what it could have been an otherwise valid critic ("im not going to try GW 2 because of...." is valid. Claiming a first hand experience you dont have is not)

I propose a simple suggestion to give credibility to any GW2 review: post the name of your nandle. The one you use to post in the official forums. Ofc there are ways around this, but its better than nothing. As i believe by preaching by example, my forum name is seventh son (i havent put the id number. Lets keep something to ourselves)

Well then. The highlighted word needs to be changed in order to gain credibility on your end. lol

I'm sure this has been brought up already, but it kinda detracts from the whole post. :p

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Originally posted by Gajari

Since last BWE, ive readen lots of reviews by people who claim they took part in it, some positive, some not so much. Among the second, you find some from people who clearly played the game and found it was not their cup of tea (generally people expecting a more sandboxy feel ) and people who , for reasons i cant even begin to understand, havent really touched it but claim they have in an effort to give substance to what it could have been an otherwise valid critic ("im not going to try GW 2 because of...." is valid. Claiming a first hand experience you dont have is not)

I propose a simple suggestion to give credibility to any GW2 review: post the name of your nandle. The one you use to post in the official forums. Ofc there are ways around this, but its better than nothing. As i believe by preaching by example, my forum name is seventh son (i havent put the id number. Lets keep something to ourselves)

Well then. The highlighted word needs to be changed in order to gain credibility on your end. lol

I'm sure this has been brought up already, but it kinda detracts from the whole post. :p

If you read my profile youll discover than im spanish and that english is a learned language to me. lol indeed .

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by ozmono

It sounds to me as though you are assuming people are lying about playing the game because you disagree strongly with them. Is that a fair call?

If you read my post, i make it clear that i think that some negative reviews are made by people who have clearly played the game.

Now you are suggesting that I didn't read your post because I asked you a question about the dominant issue you appear to be attempting to fix? Is that fair?

In all seriousness I read your post and with the exception of the question above  I wasn't intending to be a prick. I was just asking you a question because it felt warranted and I thought I'd give you the opportunity to explain the situation as you saw it better. I still think the question is valid by the way.

I think you are being pretty ridiculous Ozmono.. there were several fake hate threads here after the BWE. Many ppl claimed to be cancelling their preorders when their post histories it would be a cold day in hell that they even would admit the game might be worth a minute glance let alone some money to actually preorder.. and then you have to remember very few ppl actually got to play on pre order alone. The OP was fair in their post although I think we need to post our handles. Most ppl can see through the trolls and the fake reviews. Those that are believeable are probably closer to a true bad review anyways and would only give the reader the same view they have already seen and either taken into concideration or ignored.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

Originally posted by ariboersma

It sounds to me as though you are assuming people are lying about playing the game because you disagree strongly with them. Is that a fair call?

If you read my post, i make it clear that i think that some negative reviews are made by people who have clearly played the game.

Now you are suggesting that I didn't read your post because I asked you a question about the dominant issue you appear to be attempting to fix? Is that fair?

In all seriousness I read your post and with the exception of the question above  I wasn't intending to be a prick. I was just asking you a question because it felt warranted and I thought I'd give you the opportunity to explain the situation as you saw it better. I still think the question is valid by the way.

I think you are being pretty ridiculous Ozmono.. there were several fake hate threads here after the BWE. Many ppl claimed to be cancelling their preorders when their post histories it would be a cold day in hell that they even would admit the game might be worth a minute glance let alone some money to actually preorder.. and then you have to remember very few ppl actually got to play on pre order alone. The OP was fair in their post although I think we need to post our handles. Most ppl can see through the trolls and the fake reviews. Those that are believeable are probably closer to a true bad review anyways and would only give the reader the same view they have already seen and either taken into concideration or ignored.

You should link them so that we know exactly what you are talking about.

Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

good lord that would be near impossible.. pretty sure most were locked or deleted by mods. Those that read the forums quite a bit right after and during the BWE know what I mean. 

good lord that would be near impossible.. pretty sure most were locked or deleted by mods. Those that read the forums quite a bit right after and during the BWE know what I mean. 

If they were only locked, they would still be available for display. However deleted ones, would evidently not be available. It is important though that that we have sources so that we can see how bad it really it is with our own eyes, rather than relying on what another poster says it was like.

If they were only locked, they would still be available for display. However deleted ones, would evidently not be available. It is important though that that we have sources so that we can see how bad it really it is with our own eyes, rather than relying on what another poster says it was like.

it really doesn't matter whether you believe us or not.. it happened. I am not going to stress trying to find proof for you.. I don't care whether you believe me. It happened.. it happens with every major game release. If you choose to ignore that fact then I am sorry but you are pretty naive or intentionally blind.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Jetrpg

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by The_Korrigan

IS it a matter of coned attacks (hits all in a radius)? That's what AOC and TSW use, or is it something else?

Every attack works that way, you don't need a target to fire it. If you get in the event today, you can try, and you will notice you can fire attacks even if there's no hostile mob around you to target.

Yeah I'm aware of the free fire, I'm just wondering how the "aimed" attacks work, are they AOE's or totally aimed, IE: you can hone in on a target precisely?

Ok well all attacks are in a way ones that u can aim with. But a few are directional AIMs. How they work is you point your mouse in the direction and height  you want it to go and it flys that direction (like FPS/tera) Also the GTAOEs are much like aimed abilities in gw2. As with the FAST option of quick aoe something option basiccly where ever your mouse is thasts where the GTAOE is going (many classes main abilities is a gtaoe that needs targesting on few sec cd so you use it alot and do far more damage with the faST option enabled)

Thanks for the detailed response!

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326

I really don't see a benefit to having people post thier game/forum names to prove that they played.  If anyone wants to beleive that I played or didn't play in the GW2 BWE, then all the power to them. If they want to block me or call me a troll who cares? I'm not going to buy or not buy the game because xxxHUNTARDxxx was confirmed to play the game, and their experience was ...

That being said, I'm going to go back to playing my pre-alpha version of World of Darkness, it is soooo much better then Titan! I uninstalled Titan after 2 quests cuz it blows monkey junk!!!

it really doesn't matter whether you believe us or not.. it happened. I am not going to stress trying to find proof for you.. I don't care whether you believe me. It happened.. it happens with every major game release. If you choose to ignore that fact then I am sorry but you are pretty naive or intentionally blind.

A problem is that you have a different set of experiences and ideas upon which you judge other posts. Which is why rather than just relying on your judgement, it is better to let us see the sources ourselves so that we can see ourselves if we think that it is as bad as you portray it to be. 

It is okay that you either didn't care enough or didn't have the foresight to save the links for future reference, but I would appriciate if you could do so in the future. 

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

Well, there are also people who haven't played the game, have not looked into the game's systems or are simply bad players by default, who claim all sorts of stuff. They happen to produce overly good or bad reviews anytime.

I am looking at you: game journalists.

• xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430

Guildwars 2 is just amazing , try it then you can say wever you want it i played all mmorpgs until now even the secret world no way im playing any game over Guildwars 2.

and what you say about people that played the game saying most time negative stuff is not true.

• Rhianni32Rhianni32 Member Posts: 222

Oh come on this is one of the silliest and useless ideas in awhile. To prevent people from lying you are going to trust that they don't lie about their user name?!

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

Originally posted by Rhianni32

Oh come on this is one of the silliest and useless ideas in awhile. To prevent people from lying you are going to trust that they don't lie about their user name?!

hmmm. you know how work official forum? gives you a username + 4 digits.  just to guessa valid username will be hard but guess username+4 digits only if you or some friend have acess to official forum. 

i already say mine username and i dont see the problem about that. what people are afraid off? but as i say, next BW2 i will create a topic to rate (1-10) our experience with GW2 and when BW2 end i will put here the average score.

so if someone didnt like game and think is mediocre can put on that topic. obvious that not all will gonna like GW2, but at least there i know people who dont like game at least try the game and know what are saying. 

something i dont understand : people who spend 55€ on game and hate the game, why you dont complain in official forum? this is a something for me dont make any sense.

so you spend 55€ but instead complain in a forum that will make some diference (official forum btw) instead people complain in this forum....

Originally posted by p_c_sousa

hmmm. you know how work official forum? gives you a username + 4 digits.  just to guessa valid username will be hard but guess username+4 digits only if you or some friend have acess to official forum. 

i already say mine username and i dont see the problem about that. what people are afraid off? but as i say, next BW2 i will create a topic to rate (1-10) our experience with GW2 and when BW2 end i will put here the average score.

so if someone didnt like game and think is mediocre can put on that topic. obvious that not all will gonna like GW2, but at least there i know people who dont like game at least try the game and know what are saying. 

something i dont understand : people who spend 55€ on game and hate the game, why you dont complain in official forum? this is a something for me dont make any sense.

so you spend 55€ but instead complain in a forum that will make some diference (official forum btw) instead people complain in this forum....

It can be as simple as: they want to ventilate and the MMORPG.com forum happens to be one of their personal main forums.  

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

You dont have to trust them about anything. If i post here as freston and say i am seventh son and post in the official forums as seventh son and say i am freston  you can be pretty sure ive prepurchased

• Rhianni32Rhianni32 Member Posts: 222

Originally posted by p_c_sousa

1: Go to the forums and find some random person to claim is you. What are the odds that that person posts over here?

2: What about the people that played but never posted on that forum? Are they automatically liars? I never posted on the GW2 forum. If not then anyone can just make up a name and number if there is no way to verify against it.

My point is that the test to prove someone isnt lying is that you have to trust they wouldn't lie a second time is a terrible idea.  And since when did you have to have official credentials to be a hater or fanboy? This doesnt even get into what makes a person qualified to speak about a topic.

mmorpg.com isnt a driving force for the betterment of humanity. Its people stuck at work, or school, passing time talking about mmos while we wait for the next game release or to get entertainment in the discussions, and countless other reasons. If a person needs validation of credentials of a persons background before trusting or even reading what they have to say then they will have a problem with the entire internet.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

The game doesn't need a credibility boost.  Some folks just aren't going to like it and others are devoted to not liking it.  You can't be everything to everyone so the first group will find another game.  The second group are too stubbornly ignorant to bother trying to please so it's foolish to try.  The vast majority like what they see and the game was created for them.  GW2 is already credible enough for its target audience.

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

I don't care if they like the game or not. That's good for the ones who do, this way we won't have to put up with whiners in game. I honestly like that they come and maybe hide behind a screen name; yup get it all out now and leave the game alone, I'll have peace from the start.

Lets not mess with their nest, we don't want them waking up cause it's been a little more calm lately. I love the saying "Let sleeping dogs lie".