Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hmmmm.....maybe Ill buy it.

2»

Comments

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Originally posted by gestalt11

-When do you think the game will launch? In like 2 months or in 9 months?

I say end of June or July but opinion vary

- Will the beta start frequently from now if you have pre-ordered the game?

I doubt it.  Anet has not operated this way in the past.  They generally restrict Beta to semi-rare week end events and do in fact use them to test.  They then have a1 or 2  preview weekends which, while not guaranteed to be the final product, are meant for marketing/letting people try the game and are not really tests.

- What will be the biggest diffrence/improvment from GW1?

That depends on your point of view.  But GW2 is a far more free-form world than GW1 you can change you skill load out at anytime (very very important different). GW1 PvE was quest driven GW2 is event driven.  For me GW1 always had the feeling that you had to slog through hordes of monseters to get to anyting interesting whereas GW2 is a true exploreres game due to zone construction and the event system.  Finally GW2 is very actiony in combat compared to GW1.

- Describe for me with 3 words why I should get the game and the pre-order.

Attention to details.

You still need to slog through hordes of mobs to do that exploration.  You can't take a single step off the beaten or unbeaten path without running into angry mobs.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by Vorthanion

Originally posted by gestalt11

-When do you think the game will launch? In like 2 months or in 9 months?

I say end of June or July but opinion vary

- Will the beta start frequently from now if you have pre-ordered the game?

I doubt it.  Anet has not operated this way in the past.  They generally restrict Beta to semi-rare week end events and do in fact use them to test.  They then have a1 or 2  preview weekends which, while not guaranteed to be the final product, are meant for marketing/letting people try the game and are not really tests.

- What will be the biggest diffrence/improvment from GW1?

That depends on your point of view.  But GW2 is a far more free-form world than GW1 you can change you skill load out at anytime (very very important different). GW1 PvE was quest driven GW2 is event driven.  For me GW1 always had the feeling that you had to slog through hordes of monseters to get to anyting interesting whereas GW2 is a true exploreres game due to zone construction and the event system.  Finally GW2 is very actiony in combat compared to GW1.

Attention to details.

You still need to slog through hordes of mobs to do that exploration.  You can't take a single step off the beaten or unbeaten path without running into angry mobs.

I ran my human from the human starting area all the way to the Norn starting area without getting attacked once. It took a lot of patience but I made it there without engaging in combat once.

• cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431

Originally posted by Blupp

Ty guys so far for the answers!

How about casual gamplay? Yes I know u can spend 1h or 20h each day on whatever game. But will I be competative with playing...lets say.....3 hours each day in GW2?

Well, I am in the same boat.  I either have 30 minutes, or 3 hours to play at a clip...depending on when my daughter wakes up from naps.

I am no PVP expert, I am playing the game for its PVE content mostly but will dabble in PVP.  However, theres World vs World vs World and battleground PVP.  I forget which one, but one of them bumps you up to max level with so so gear so that everyone is on equal playing field.  So if you played 1 hour a week, and still lvl 5 when everyone else is 50, in this specific instance of PVP all is equal.

three words to describe:  Potential, experimenting, hype.

Potential: The questing/dynamic event system along with the combat system being so dynamic and all of the abilities you can use, this game has LOADS of potential to be fantastic. 

Experimenting: I think ANet is taking a gamble with their end game.  "there is no end game, the whole game is end game" is what they say.  I dont buy it.  If the whole game were end game there would be no levels or character progression.  The fact that there is suggest theres a max level, and with a system of levels and a max level there should be an endgame.  The fact that there is none, worries me as well as others.  Thats not to say they cannot pull it off.  I hope theres enough content for a max level character to play through and to challenge him/herself. 

Hype: This game is, I think, overhyped.  The beta and player reviews of the beta were not as high as the hype.  I did enjoy my beta time, and I am really looking forward to the next one (even todays stress test.  I hope it isnt too laggy :) ) , but only time will tell if this is the end all be all MMORPG.  The amount of hype it has received, the game should have probably 5million+ purchases within a few months of release.

• kartanakartana Member UncommonPosts: 148

Describe for me with 3 words why I should get the game and the pre-order.
    no
    monthly
    fee
  • NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Originally posted by Blupp

needs 4 words:

Best MMORPG in years.

Pre-order however is completely optional. Absolutely no harm in waiting until release, and maybe get a free trial before purchase. First-hand experience is always better than asking random people on a forum :)

• Kyuz0oKyuz0o Member Posts: 80

One of us... one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...one of us... one of us... one of us...

;) sorry always wanted to do that