Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

D3 optional PvP

baphametbaphamet omaha, NEPosts: 2,836Member Uncommon

i still don't understand why there is absolutely no option to make a pvp enabled game with the ability to go hostile with other players.

just like in D2 where there were filters (like level range and max players) they could have a check box with the option of pvp.

so if you don't want to make or join a pvp game you have that choice, if you do you have that choice as well.

i just don't get it at all.

don't get me wrong, i will be playing on the 15th and still very much looking forward to playing but the whole "going hostile" option in D2 is what made the game exiting for me and many others.

i would love to hear someone's argument against having this opting because i can honestly not think of any legitimate reason not to have it.

Comments

  • KostKost Vancouver, BCPosts: 1,975Member

    Going Hostile was a mechanic that allowed griefers to completely fuck up another persons game.

    If you can't understand why the mechanic was removed, then you were probably one of the griefers. Sorry bud, this is one crutch you won't be holding on to.

  • baphametbaphamet omaha, NEPosts: 2,836Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by Kost
    Going Hostile was a mechanic that allowed griefers to completely fuck up another persons game.
    If you can't understand why the mechanic was removed, then you were probably one of the griefers. Sorry bud, this is one crutch you won't be holding on to.

    did you read my post at all? did you not notice the part where it said "optional"?

    if you don't want someone to interrupt your playing time by going hostile then don't join a pvp enabled game.

    and no, i am not a griever just because i like the excitement of killing or being killed by other players.

    again, i am still waiting for a legitimate reason why that option is not available.

  • ZadawnZadawn SPosts: 651Member

    This world lacks real men,just like Kost,if there was a war going on and he would be caught in it , he would probably hide in the closet while searching the pepper spray with his hand in the purse.

     

    Oh please don't grief me*cries*

    image
  • Sicc1Sicc1 gresham, ORPosts: 240Member

    Originally posted by Kost

    Going Hostile was a mechanic that allowed griefers to completely fuck up another persons game.

    If you can't understand why the mechanic was removed, then you were probably one of the griefers. Sorry bud, this is one crutch you won't be holding on to.

    How is pvp a crutch? That makes no sense at all. You non pvpers are holding onto the crutch. Throw in pvp and uh oh YOU lost your non pvp crutch and will now get smoked.

    image

    Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick

  • AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Zadawn

    This world lacks real men,just like Kost,if there was a war going on and he would be caught in it , he would probably hide in the closet while searching the pepper spray with his hand in the purse.

     

    Oh please don't grief me*cries*

    That was a bit inappropriate. A game is meant to be fun, you can't draw that kind of connection to a real conflict unless you're sick in the head.

  • jusomdudejusomdude Somewhere, KSPosts: 2,401Member

    Um, optional PvP is going to be in the game eventually just not in the world. You want to PvP, there will be arenas.

     

    Why would you want an option to "go hostile" if the games were already set to pvp? It does sound like you want to grief. If there was a check box to start a pvp game then there's no reason to go hostile, it would be default in a pvp game.

  • AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by baphamet

    i still don't understand why there is absolutely no option to make a pvp enabled game with the ability to go hostile with other players.

    just like in D2 where there were filters (like level range and max players) they could have a check box with the option of pvp.

    so if you don't want to make or join a pvp game you have that choice, if you do you have that choice as well.

    i just don't get it at all.

    don't get me wrong, i will be playing on the 15th and still very much looking forward to playing but the whole "going hostile" option in D2 is what made the game exiting for me and many others.

    i would love to hear someone's argument against having this opting because i can honestly not think of any legitimate reason not to have it.

    More or less it prevents griefing and the game isn't designed for that style of play. The world isn't as open and the players per game is much smaller.

    PvP is going to be contained into arenas. I never found any interest in the whole ganking/griefing in D2. PvP was ok but the rest of it was silly and usually just a waste of time.

  • baphametbaphamet omaha, NEPosts: 2,836Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by jusomdude
    Um, optional PvP is going to be in the game eventually just not in the world. You want to PvP, there will be arenas.
     
    Why would you want an option to "go hostile" if the games were already set to pvp? It does sound like you want to grief. If there was a check box to start a pvp game then there's no reason to go hostile, it would be default in a pvp game.

    i could list many reasons why. structured pvp (like arenas) just turn into a grind and are nowhere near as exiting for me as it is when you come across someone in the open.

    also, if someone is being a douche you can go hostile and kill them. having pvp actually prevents certain types of grieving because when you cant kill someone they can just continue to harass you in other ways.

    when i played D2 i didn't just join duel games, going hostile had its purpose beyond that and it wasn't just for grieving.

    going by your logic, any mmorpg that has pvp servers are pointless because they also have structured pvp.

    do you actually believe that? if so i will just say that there are many many people who disagree.

  • baphametbaphamet omaha, NEPosts: 2,836Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by Aori

    More or less it prevents griefing and the game isn't designed for that style of play. The world isn't as open and the players per game is much smaller.


    so its designed differently than D2? i can see your point about there only being 4 players and i don't understand that either.

    but still, there needs to be that option for the people that want to go hostile with each other and there is quite a few people that do.


    PvP is going to be contained into arenas. I never found any interest in the whole ganking/griefing in D2. PvP was ok but the rest of it was silly and usually just a waste of time.


    that's fine if you never had any interest in it, that's why IMO it should be optional. for the people that don't care for it, just don't ever make or join a pvp game.

    for the people that did care for it (which is a heck of a lot) they deserve the option to have it in their D3 experience.

  • jusomdudejusomdude Somewhere, KSPosts: 2,401Member

    So you want a pvp system where players who wanted to grief through pve could completely circumvent your suggested system by just joining a pve game? Ok. That's sure to work well.

Sign In or Register to comment.