Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favourite Weapon and Why

BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

I'm kinda leaning for the shotgun for it's aoe capabilities but the assault rifle wasn't bad (Tough a little slower in some aspects)

I'm thinking on rerolling to try other characters as I started with the assault rifle and while it's good it's a little slow and most of it's attacks always lean to the aoe skill that increases with the amount of resources tagged on the enemy.

So what's your favourite weapon/magic and why?

(I know you can swap stuff later on but you'll need a lot of AP first to experiment and I don't really want to dive a lot into the game's story risking on burning myself in the progress as I'm thinking on pre ordering the game or wait a month)

Comments

• TawaxyonTawaxyon Member CommonPosts: 34

Blood magic easily, because of really nice dmg and healing/magic shields.

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

It's Hammer Time!

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

I went elem/shotgun. It's worked pretty good so far.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291

Sounds so nice and refreshing so far... I cannot wait to play this game. I haven't played yet but the Fist Wpns looked good =)

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

The shotguns were the only thing that made the combat playable for me...this has to be the worst combat I've played in a MMO in a long time. 

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Gabby-air

The shotguns were the only thing that made the combat playable for me...this has to be the worst combat I've played in a MMO in a long time. 

People should learn to post their arguments, posts like this are totally useless for people that want to build an opinion. Please allways answer the why question in your posts.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

I prefer using the shotguns, I really like the fact that you are able to go nutz spamming the primary attack without a target, and without getting animation locked.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

I'm not fond of the combat either, kind of reminds me of Fallen Earth. But the skill system has made it more bearable for me.

Also, forgot to say that the Shotgun was also my favorite weapon.

• sushimeessushimees Member Posts: 489

I've been playing as an elementalist and it's ok, nothing great but not all that bad. It seems that enemies tend to roam around in groups, at least in the area where beta takes place and because of that, shotguns seem to be the optimal choice.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Loving my Hammer/Elementalist build.  Rocking huge crits and all my passives increase my crits or make me hit harder.  I also picked up a tier 1 Fist passive that lets me heal every time I land a hit.  Its gone a long way to upping my survivablity while out in the bay taking on the tougher mobs.

I think Sunday I may make a Rifle/Fist build.  Looking over the skills its got alot of self healing and decent damage.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ZeymereZeymere Member UncommonPosts: 210

blood magic is enabled? 

I am going for Sword and pistols as by my tag I am leaning towards a tetra grammaton cleric type FTW!!!

• AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289

Originally posted by Zeymere

blood magic is enabled? 

I am going for Sword and pistols as by my tag I am leaning towards a tetra grammaton cleric type FTW!!!

In the Sheriff's office in Kingsmouth there are several nondescrpit vendors and they sell the blood magic focus amoung other things.

• kileakkileak Member Posts: 31

in the sheriff's office there is a vendor you can buy any weapon you want from it, including the blood magic weapon which seems to be bugged in the choose your weapon quest.

shotgun seems to be the best weapon early on as it does good dmg fast and is aoe frontal so you can hit things even if your straffing. and there is no slow down or long activation on the primary skill. most everything else seems clunky compared to the shotgun except some of the point blank weapons like fists or chaos magic but they have almost no range.

the truly long range weapons have a very slow activation on the primary attack which doesnt feel very fluid or natural when you are getting face stomped by a small swarm of mobs or getting hit in the face by an axe wielding zombie. to counter this tho they usally have a higher dmg per activation or some sorta secondary affect.

almost seems like shotgun is the best way to go for solo gameplay and then the rest of the weapons are for group play with various benefits and detriments... this is of course based of very low skill levels no clue what the weapons act like at high skill levels, probably not a whole lot diffrent for the most part...

• TeiloTeilo Member Posts: 284

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Loving my Hammer/Elementalist build.  Rocking huge crits and all my passives increase my crits or make me hit harder.  I also picked up a tier 1 Fist passive that lets me heal every time I land a hit.  Its gone a long way to upping my survivablity while out in the bay taking on the tougher mobs.

I think Sunday I may make a Rifle/Fist build.  Looking over the skills its got alot of self healing and decent damage.

Loving the hammer too - I tried elementalist first but wasn't really feeling it, so I rerolled and now have all of tier one hammer unlocked.

Nice tip about that fist passive, I'll look at grabbing that - I have one elementalist point spent on the starter lighting  power, which I use for pulling - then its all about whaling in with the close-comabt AoE.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Pistols (Offensive Line) / Blood Magic (Defensive Line)

I've soloed large bosses that require a group to complete :)! I also mix & matched passives that compliment my "Hindering" and "Afflicted" abilities from Pistols from other weapon lines that further decimate my foes or heal me >:)!

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

Diffrent weapons! Watch the video!

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I wanted to try something a bit ridiculous just to go off the rails as much as possible.

I noticed in their preset decks there weren't any builds that were double magic. It was always magic + weapon or two weapons.

So I went with elem + blood. I just took the healing stuff in blood so far and do all of my damage with elem. It works out pretty well. Sometimes I find myself doing things that just feel dumb though to stay alive.

Elem does enough damage on it's own it seems to make up forthe lack of weapon and the heals from blood allow me to take on really tough monsters.

No idea how it would pan out long term, but I'm basically a healing Mage. Fun stuff.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

I've soloed large bosses that require a group to complete :)!

Where did you find large bosses that require a group?  All i've seen is solo mobs.

send me a pm if you don't want to post spoilers.  i been looking for group content but haven't been able to find any.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Pistols nicely movement based with keeping your mobs in your gtaoes while circling them
  • PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Sword and hammer.... Sword have an ability to dash 10 feet forward if you're worried about gap closing... And then when you get to your oponent, smack him in the face with a big bad hammer! BOOOM!

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by arieste

I've soloed large bosses that require a group to complete :)!

Where did you find large bosses that require a group?  All i've seen is solo mobs.

send me a pm if you don't want to post spoilers.  i been looking for group content but haven't been able to find any.

I'm not entirely sure what is, and is NOT, in the OB Weekend. I've also not gotten a response by a dev in the CB forums as to whether or not WE are still under 100% NDA. So all I can comment on is stuff in Kingsmouth. 

As for the starter zone, try the waterside DEEP into the South East side in the water. There's a GIANT squid thing that's pretty tough. Lord something or other. There's also a 5man group instance in Kings.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

People should learn to post their arguments, posts like this are totally useless for people that want to build an opinion. Please allways answer the why question in your posts.

While I agree with you, this thread isnt asking my opinion on the combat but which weapon I liked which I answered. The statement about the combat was just an addition to that point.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Pistols (Offensive Line) / Blood Magic (Defensive Line)

I've soloed large bosses that require a group to complete :)! I also mix & matched passives that compliment my "Hindering" and "Afflicted" abilities from Pistols from other weapon lines that further decimate my foes or heal me >:)!

great combo.. its actually somewhat OP compared to the other combos I tried

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• mrlid25mrlid25 Member Posts: 4

but how do you pick up the sword what button to press plz help

• CzelawCzelaw Member UncommonPosts: 173

Hammer/Sword entirely to much fun  and the combat animation is a lil bit better not good but better lol still lots of fun