Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5/15/12 Diablo 2 day of protest!

SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Here we wave it.  Diablo 3, the pinnacle of the Arpg genre.  With its pastel colors, gold farming bots right in the game, terrible PVP, non-random items, etc etc ect.

So, what is a pissed off Diablo 2 fan to do?

#1 Do NOT buy Diablo 3 at launch.

#2 Install Diablo 2.

#3 on 5/15/12, play massive amounts of online Diablo 2.

#4 When someone talks about Diablo 3, give them an unfiltered piece of your mind!

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Nah, I'll just buy it and play it instead.

• ResiakrawResiakraw Member Posts: 73

Better yet, play PoE instead :-P Seems kind of pointless to try to make a point to Blizzard by simply playing another of their own games.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Originally posted by colddog04

^This.

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

Agreed-

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Souldrainer

Here we wave it.  Diablo 3, the pinnacle of the Arpg genre.  With its pastel colors, gold farming bots right in the game, terrible PVP, non-random items, etc etc ect.

#2 Install Diablo 2.

#4 When someone talks about Diablo 3, give them an unfiltered piece of your mind!

You, my kind sire, are still living in the past, weather thats a good thing or not, i can not say. But most of us have moved on since D2.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Best of lucks, but I have a feeling it'll work just as well as that Call of Duty boycott a few years ago.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

Or... I could just ignore all the sillyness, not visit gaming sites for few days and live happy life without hearing all the rage and blind fanboism vs haters debates. 

Sounds like a plan. 

Want to "protest" D3 (however silly that sounds) just stop talking about it. You are pretty much giving it free advertising with such naive ideas. 

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Originally posted by RebelScum99

^This.

^This

Actually I've already bought it..........I can't wait to play it

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

If you like D2 so much then just play it instead, nobody is forcing you to play D3.

Time to accept the fact that it wasn't what you were hoping for an move on, trying to form absurd "protests" and such in a vain effort to draw attention yourself is just bad form.

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

Originally posted by Resiakraw

Better yet, play PoE instead :-P Seems kind of pointless to try to make a point to Blizzard by simply playing another of their own games.

To get it out of the way first: I like D3 and have no ill thoughts of PoE (haven't honestly tried it).

That said, Resiakraw is right. If you are going to protest, it seems more productive to make your point by playing a game by a 'competitor' that is more true to what you are looking for. I put 'competitor' in quotes since the games seem to be releasing at different times, so I'd think there was room for people to get both if they were so inclined.

Really though, to each their own. If this is important to you and your way of making a statement, then all the best to you. 

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

As a Diablo 1/2 fan I'll go ahead and install and play the crap out of my 2 already purchased Diablo 3 games.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Well, most of your complaints are just wrong.

There are random stats on items.

The PvP isn't even in the game yet. You haver tried it so you can't say terrible.

There are no gold farming bots built into the game. Whatever that means.

The colors aren't pastels. The color scheme is very dark. Lots of grey an black. The colors that aren't dark are definitely not pastels.

Wait...that's all of your "complaints."

Have fun playing a 12 year old game.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380

#2 Install Diablo 2.

omg...you people...

• Munkyman1Munkyman1 Member Posts: 221

Lol, enjoy your D2 day of protest, and I will enjoy my D3 day of revelry.

• KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137

#2 Install Diablo 2.

Not sure if just really dumb or really bad troll, the lack of replies defending your position leans toward the later.

• paroxysmparoxysm Member Posts: 437

If you plan to play D2, avoid BNET.  The only result would be the breakage of some rose colored glasses after being reintroduced to what that was really like.

If you are really that unhappy with what D3 is, why is there not an option to not buy it?  Might want to look into that.  No one is holding a gun to your head to buy it. 

So, my choice would have to be:

#5 Do not buy D3 and do not give Blizzard my money. 

• Bushi13Bushi13 Member Posts: 123

Originally posted by Lambon23

The RMAH does suck, but that's Blizzard remedying the fact that other people were making money off of their intellectual property.  

In essence the RMAH is nothing of a remedy, is just more of the same virus.

RMAH will make easy money for blizzard and all the other people making money with blizzard product just gonna do more money out of it and more spreading like a disease.

I like diablo in all but that buisness model is just making me cry, what an outrage (hey chill, anyway who gives a fuck?)

I like to play a game to escape a bit from the reality. Mixing it with money and drop rate is just not right.

How do they balance revenue this year? increase drop rate on some item, or make really difficult to find?

Just like a car accelarate or brake, how do they balance the game? with their account balance ?

It's just fucked up shit, and it's just a game.

I can't believe what gamers are willing to endure just to get that game.

Few people understand this, it's not about gaming anymore it's just about making money.

They destroyed diablo the game to make it diablo the product you need.

Even if the game is the best ever made it is still made to take your money , not made for you to play.

You'll be back for more soon just wait, no wait, don't wait just get it now.

Diablow 3, it sucks ...

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

No PvP in D3. And PvP in D2 was God awful.

• Bushi13Bushi13 Member Posts: 123

Diablo 2 widescreen, for multiple resolution, welcome to the D2,5.

http://www.wsgf.org/dr/diablo-ii

check this forum because it made me play d2 agan and it's actually still a pretty sweet game.

Diablow 3, it sucks ...

• GrimfargoGrimfargo Member UncommonPosts: 59

Played the open beta and pre-ordered the CE.

So, no Sir I support Blizzard and it was about time for Diablo 3.

• AnzieAnzie Member Posts: 468

I'll buy D3, but I really hope there is faming bot in D3 so the RMAH gets raped.

Originally posted by Spathotan
    The simplest way to put this, is like this. Buying a used/refurbished 360 is on the same plane as sharing a condom in a gangbang with strangers.
  • nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Probably just play D3 if it's all the same. Kaching.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Actually, on 5/15 I'm going to boycott every game that isn't D3.

That's right folks, I will be boycotting Hello Kitty Island Adventure, Sonic 2, Wizard101, Star Wars Galaxies (as well as SW kinect), Team Fortress 2, Half-life 3, super meat boy, Perfect Dark, Tera, GW 2, Diablo 1 & 2, Final Fantasy (all), that Katamari thing, Guitar Hero, Minecraft, eve online, Super Mario Rpg, Metroid, Dead Space, TSW, Solitaire (Klondike, spider, AND frecell) Pokemon, Civlization series, Starcraft, WoW, Gunstar Heroes, Monopoly, SWTOR, Myst, did I mention Diablo 2?, Perfect World, Tribes: Ascend, Planetside, minesweeper, Fallen Earth, Madden AND NCAA football games, Football manager, that train game thats always spamming up my steam feed, Star Trek Online, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Project Zomboid, Xcom, Deer Hunter, Portal, TESO and all Elder Scrolls games, Zoo Tycoon for the iPHone, Farcry 1, 2, and 3, Crysis, Magic the gathering, GTA 1-5, and many more.  

It's mainly the pastels that got me hooked.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852

#2 Install Diablo 2.

I simply go for #1.

Will be playing something else.

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • IIIcurrierIIIcurrier Member Posts: 88

#2 Install Diablo 2.

You must never have played D2, because all three of those are going to do no good.

Why would I re-install diablo which I've restarted multiple times on ladder to get 99 with perfect gear.

D3 nay-sayers are fucking dumb.