Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera and why I quit playing

124»

Comments

• KexinKexin Member UncommonPosts: 69

Originally posted by Eladi

Tera in its crazy anime skimpy perfert way is a highly social game, lonewolfs simply wont make it, pvp is compleetly useless as a soloplayer (since its team/guild based) 

game simply aint for the solo player,im sure theres other games more fitting for youre play style. :)

This game is a throw back to the core EQ style of MMO where grouping and social gaming is required to progress and enjoy. The WoW soloers and casuals will not be able to progress since most of the storyline lead to dungeons and requires group activities.

• Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261

Anyone who says TERA has forced grouping is lying or hasnt played the game , period.

The very few story quests that are group can be skipped , easily ,and you miss literally nothing , you will unlock an entire new tier of story quests at varying levels that DO NOT depend on having previous tier done.

You get equip easily better than what you get from story quests very quickly as you level and can buy tons of gold weapons on the AH that are better than story quests.

There are always tons of pure solo quests/mobs at any level.

So sorry , there is no forced grouping in TERA , you can go 1-60 , have great equip , and do it reasonably fast (faster with some classes but any can do it ) without ever , ever grouping.

TERA haters will have to come up with another lie now.

• terrifiedterrified Member Posts: 143
    Originally posted by genoshan

To begin, let me say I enjoyed the game despite it's cartoon style graphics. To me gameplay > graphics. I enjoyed the first 25 or so levels I enjoyed the pvp action in the open world ( pvp server ) BUT around levle 27-29 the story line questing is not soloable.
    A common response is why play an MMO if you dont want to group. I shouldn't have to.
    In short , to level, you need to do quests. To do the best xp quests you need a full group.
    I have not logged in since ...

Its nice to see a nutjob that insists on thinking that mmorpg stands for solo only online role playing game. If you can't handle grouping get a dam console. Mmorpgs are massively multiplayer for a reason. Your leaving merely makes the game that much better.
  • Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Originally posted by terrified

Originally posted by genoshan

To begin, let me say I enjoyed the game despite it's cartoon style graphics. To me gameplay > graphics. I enjoyed the first 25 or so levels I enjoyed the pvp action in the open world ( pvp server ) BUT around levle 27-29 the story line questing is not soloable.

A common response is why play an MMO if you dont want to group. I shouldn't have to.

In short , to level, you need to do quests. To do the best xp quests you need a full group.

I have not logged in since ...

Its nice to see a nutjob that insists on thinking that mmorpg stands for solo only online role playing game. If you can't handle grouping get a dam console. Mmorpgs are massively multiplayer for a reason. Your leaving merely makes the game that much better.

Im like 35 and have had no issue soloing storylines...im a dead in two shots sorc too...

In fact i want them to be hard, ive died on a lot of them, when its too hard i go out, clear a few yellow quest hubs then go back after leveling.

In fact, all the really hard storylines give you NPC companions that help, at least the ones i remember with that big boss and the waves of mobs that is 100% non soloable, aside from having 6 friendly NPCs that i let take aggro.

"

I have not logged in since ... """

"

Hi, welcome to mmorpgs, you must be new here...