Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Please God no...

trash656trash656 Here, SKPosts: 357Member Uncommon

Please Don't tell me they are using the HeroEngine to develop The Elder Scrolls Online, the same engine Bioware developed SWTOR with....

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Nevada, MOPosts: 2,732Member Common

Yes, yes they are. There are multiple threads on the subject already, if you care to check them out.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Mesa, AZPosts: 1,090Member

This has already been discussed in about 120 other threads, but... the Hero Engine that SWTOR used was not the finished product that TESO will be using.  I'm definitely no fan of the Hero Engine, mainly because of TOR, but we shouldn't just assume this game is going to suck if they are using a better version.  

• VocadiVocadi SH, MIPosts: 205Member

This is somewhat old news. In and of itself, the hero engine does not equal automatic fail. There are many other apparent shortcomings that the ESO appears to have that the game engine is the least of the issues. (IMO)

There are many posts detailing this..

• trash656trash656 Here, SKPosts: 357Member Uncommon

Originally posted by RebelScum99

This has already been discussed in about 120 other threads

Yes that is nice that there is a 2 and a half billion topics already posted about this but I did a search and didn't find any hard info on it, only speculation. It's also it's not my job to go through forums counting how many topics are posted, That is something for the moderators of this forum to worry about. And frankly I work 60 hours a week and don't have the time to go searching through that many topics.

Originally posted by RebelScum99

the Hero Engine that SWTOR used was not the finished product that TESO will be using.  I'm definitely no fan of the Hero Engine, mainly because of TOR, but we shouldn't just assume this game is going to suck if they are using a better version.

Perhaps you have not come to realize yet that the HeroEngine Does not support anything that the original games engines provided. With the HeroEngine Every Small Area in the game will be instanced. You see I would like to assume like you have that TESO will have a better designed Engine then SWTOR did, but with a game engine there is only so much you can do too modify it. The HeroEngine is one of the worst gaming Engines on the market right now. I would like to believe it isa good one, but I just couldn't get my head that far up my butt. :)

Originally posted by Vocadi

This is somewhat old news.

The Topic I posted was not news it was a question.

• VocadiVocadi SH, MIPosts: 205Member

Originally posted by trash656

Originally posted by Vocadi

This is somewhat old news.

The Topic I posted was not news it was a question.

The fact that they are using the Hero engine is old news. Semantics, be one with it.