Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

diablo 3 sets new pre orders sales record.

Comments

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Those annual pass numbers are crazy.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

many ppl who buy the game dont know the details so many ppl will find unexpected details :D :D

BestSigEver :P

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Originally posted by Bobbie203

with all the negative view on real money auction house, it looks like its not stopping people from buying millions and millions and millions of diablo 3 copies worldwide.

If Starcraft 2 can sell big by being the same game as its predecessor 13 or so years ago, I have no doubt Blizzard's take on Diablo 3 will do well.

That said, I've ended my Diablo gaming with Diablo 2.  It was a nice ride, but with what Blizzard's doing with D3, I'm happy to leave it at D2.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Asia are using Bnet but I am not sure about China tho.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by Bobbie203

with all the negative view on real money auction house, it looks like its not stopping people from buying millions and millions and millions of diablo 3 copies worldwide.

I don´t think anyone doubted that, question is how long they play it.

D2 sold 6 million copies including expansions, I have no doubt whatsoever that D3 will beat that.

If it will be a classic game like the first 2 is harder to say, but we know that next year.

Given the fact this is not a subscription based game I'm not sure how this matters really.  Obviously they are looking for a profit from the RMAH but that doesn't really require a large player base to be very profitable as it's generally understand the vast majority of players who are willing to pay "top dollar" (as in real money) for virtual goods is very much in the minority of the average player base.  The idea of "classic" games appears to be on the decline (outside of MMO's which are of course meant to be played for years on end).  Modern games are designed for quick profit, which seems to be a side effect of the current generations "instant satisfaction" mentality.  This is of course just my opinion and all are welcome to disagree with it (no matter how wrong you may be ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

The Queen Bee and her drones still going strong lol

But i have to say i am susprised that only 2 million were trying out the beta if 1.2 million gort the game with the pass thats only 800k more trying the game out maybe the conditioning only works on active drones..... (which of course is still a huge number tho dont get me wrong)

On a more serious note i wonder if its ok to count the annual pass as preorder since the ppl did buy a subscription and got the game as present on top and now they are counted as preorders doesnt sound right to me.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

Originally posted by Doomedfox

On a more serious note i wonder if its ok to count the annual pass as preorder since the ppl did buy a subscription and got the game as present on top and now they are counted as preorders doesnt sound right to me.

true but you can't fully discount it either as getting D3 may have heavily influenced the decision for many of them.  I considered it simply because i do play WOW occasionally and VERY casually throughout the year and was planning on buying D3 anyways.  the only reason i changed my mind was deciding to wait on D3.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

If anyone logs into SC1 or WC3 right now you can see how many ppl are playing in Bnet 1.0 right now, I have not looked in a few months but I remember there being over 200,000 online across all regions.  SC2 (Bnet 2.0) typicaly has 20,000 in my region (EU).. FYI

• Don-QuixoteDon-Quixote Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by Ouriel

You are not paying for anything, you sign a contract that you will pay for the next twelve months and as a favor of signing that contract Blizzard is giving you beta access, a mount and free copy of Diablo 3. Many people think you are paying in advance, while you are paying the same fee you were paying for the one month, three or six months fee.

Ok, thanks for clarifying that for me. It was not clear for me (search button is my friend, I know :P) Seems like a good deal.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Many of us are waiting for the "fire to stop falling from the sky" fortunately with the TSW open beta weekend and the GW2 4 hour taste of heaven stress test on monday i will have something to do other than wasting my time shamelessly opening the D3 launcher every hour or two and expecting something magical to happen..

Playing GW2..

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

true but you can't fully discount it either as getting D3 may have heavily influenced the decision for many of them.  I considered it simply because i do play WOW occasionally and VERY casually throughout the year and was planning on buying D3 anyways.  the only reason i changed my mind was deciding to wait on D3.

Yes it prolly was a selling point for some of the buyers but they still bought the subscription and not preordered the game but since it just looks better i suppose Blizzard decided to not see it that narrow minded and stretch the truth a bit.

It doesnt matter anyway tho the game will sell way more than it deserves and i hope all who buy it will enjoy it but i cant help but wonder why Blizzards deems in necessary to manipulate the numbers already....maybe they are behind expertations?

• Heinz130Heinz130 Member Posts: 227

D3 seems exactly like d2 and d1,thats may be good for diablo fans

Afterall its not even a mmo,,,is it?

WoW 4ys,EVE 4ys,EU 4ys
    FH1942 best tanker for 4years
    Playing WWII OL for some years untill now
    many other for some months

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

I called it :P

The anual pass was a way to pad the numbers.

Pre-orders for Diablo 3 have set a new record for Blizzard. This number includes units pre-ordered as part of the Annual Pass promotion, as well as retail and digital pre-orders.

• YaosYaos Member UncommonPosts: 153

Diablo 3 is the greatest game ever; I just tape down my left mouse button and come back after a few hours and I'm all leveled up.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Someone said SC2 has 20k people playing concurrently in europe. Last time I played sc2 was two days ago and there were 750k people online.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

The Queen Bee and her drones still going strong lol

But i have to say i am susprised that only 2 million were trying out the beta if 1.2 million gort the game with the pass thats only 800k more trying the game out maybe the conditioning only works on active drones..... (which of course is still a huge number tho dont get me wrong)

Eh....your numbers are most likely way off. Just because someone signed the annual pass doesn't mean that they played the D3 beta during that weekend. D3 beta wasn't included in the annual pass, so not all annual pass folks had access to the beta before the beta weekend. I can gurantee you that it was more than 800k non-annual pass people, simply because of the 20 folks in my guild who signed annual pass only 3 of us played the D3 beta that weekend.

Sure it could only be an increase of 800k or it could be the full 2 million. Where it falls in between is anyone's guess.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Using annual pass as pre orders is bogus because D3 was just a bonus for them. So right there it is completely bogus numbers for D3 pre orders. Also stating they still have 10.2 WoW subs is seriously infalted but we all know that already.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

people subscribe to wow and don't even play it? no wonder blizzard can do no wrong people are just brainwashed to give them money.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

This game is so good, and it is going to hook so many people and retain them longer than any MMO to come out in the last 7 years.  GW2 without sub coming along combined with this and it will result in a huge decline for SWTOR, Tera, Rift, and possibly even WoW.  With WoW though they are smart, and they will find ways like the Annual Pass to not over cannibalize their audience.

Blizzard is going to make millions and millions of dollars off the RMAH alone after launch.  These guys are geniuses. 

Normally I would be like a kid in a candy shop playing Tera, GW2, the Secret World, etc.  However I haven't even thought of Tera or the TSW since I beta'd D3, and GW2 had me about 1/20th as addicted as I was to the Diablo 3 beta.  I doubt I will even pay attention to this genre for a year or two once GW2 and D3 drop.  Especially with TES even being another stupid clone. 

I will probably check out Neverwinter because of the Foundry, and Game of Thrones for quick accessible PvP action, but GW2 and Diablo 3 will hopefully take me out a couple years where something good can happen in this genre.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Originally posted by ProfRed

This game is so good, and it is going to hook so many people and retain them longer than any MMO to come out in the last 7 years.  GW2 without sub coming along combined with this and it will result in a huge decline for SWTOR, Tera, Rift, and possibly even WoW.  With WoW though they are smart, and they will find ways like the Annual Pass to not over cannibalize their audience.

Blizzard is going to make millions and millions of dollars off the RMAH alone after launch.  These guys are geniuses. 

Normally I would be like a kid in a candy shop playing Tera, GW2, the Secret World, etc.  However I haven't even thought of Tera or the TSW since I beta'd D3, and GW2 had me about 1/20th as addicted as I was to the Diablo 3 beta.  I doubt I will even pay attention to this genre for a year or two once GW2 and D3 drop.  Especially with TES even being another stupid clone. 

I will probably check out Neverwinter because of the Foundry, and Game of Thrones for quick accessible PvP action, but GW2 and Diablo 3 will hopefully take me out a couple years where something good can happen in this genre.

Exactly except never exclude the fact there is always time for dragon hunting in Skyrim no matter what year it is.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Originally posted by Mephster

Originally posted by ProfRed

Exactly except never exclude the fact there is always time for dragon hunting in Skyrim no matter what year it is.

Of course!  Also some dabbling of Torchlight 2 and I will follow Grim Dawn.  I can't imagine paying a sub for almost anything on the horizon.  World of Darkness or ArcheAge maybe.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Blizz truly has a horse shoe up their ass.

this game is not nearly as good as people think.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by fivoroth

Someone said SC2 has 20k people playing concurrently in europe. Last time I played sc2 was two days ago and there were 750k people online.

Yeah it cycles between region (SC2) and global (BNET 1.0 & 2.0) I've seen it over a million on occasion.

Bottom line is many don't realise how many people still play Battlenet games WC2/3,  Diable1/2, SC1/2 which is why I am shocked when people call BS on Blizzards numbers.  I fully beleieve them cus I see these numbers all the time.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

From what i have seen, the game is great, particularly the new way of doing skills.

Unless something unexpected happened when i start playing (on Tue), i expect this will be my main game for quite a while.