Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW 2 Stress Test

Comments

• badgererbadgerer Member Posts: 90

Originally posted by dimasok

Originally posted by badgerer

OK, so given that this takes place on a monday afternoon, if they really do stress the servers, does that proove that virtually every GW2 player is unemployed?

Or about to quit or get the pink slip :P

Well that won't matter for those of us who have pre-purchased. We'll just get jobs again when the first expansion comes out

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

Originally posted by Nihsnek

GW2 on Monday, Diablo 3 on Tuesday

This.

HELL YEA

• Ashen_XAshen_X Member Posts: 363

Excellent. I am very curious to see if they have made any significant improvements over the last couple of weeks.

See you all there.

When all has been said and done, more will have been said than done.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,960

YAAAAAAY!!!!

No Sleep to Brooklyn !

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

LETS CRASH THOSE SERVERS WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!

This is not a game.

• eAzydamaneAzydaman Member Posts: 218

They are pretty smart. Let us play on Monday and we'll get even more sick from the GW2 withdrawl on Tuesday and D3 will only feel meaningless.

• rankor2rankor2 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    I'm hoping that this stress test is all about getting ready for a full 3day test the weekend after. Need to download the client now I hope it's up for download tonight. Does anyone know if the dL is available? It wasn't the other day when I checked.
  • binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

lot of people going to piss at this timing.  11 am - 6pm is their day time(school, work,).

2 am - 9m(gmt+8), we are sleeping..australian also sleeping....

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by binary_0011

lot of people going to piss at this timing.  11 am - 6pm is their day time(school, work,).

2 am - 9m(gmt+8), we are sleeping..australian also sleeping....

But on the upside, pretty ideal for the EU

ANet take Europe very seriously as a market, it's not ALL about you guys y'know ;)

• UniversumUniversum Member Posts: 39

Maybe this means a BWE on the 18th.

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

Not on my todo list.  Will be to busy with other things.  Maybe same time next year?

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by Kost

Originally posted by joocheese

Anyone else think its too much of a coincidence? I wonder if GW2 is attempting to, in a small way, crash D3's party a bit. I know its not on the release date (that would be to obvious), but its close enough. Or am I reading too much into this?

You're reading too much into it, Anet just wants to try and iron a few things out before the next BWE.

Yeah, they are probably just checking the login servers so there wont be a repeat of the friday bo-bo they had last BWE.

I don´t think anyone interested in D3 would decide to wait a few months for GW2 just because they have a stress test the day before release, and I don´t think anyone should wait.

Gw2 wont be out for a while so trying to steal players from releasing games makes no sense, particularly games from another genre.

Because you'll be able to replicate the same amount of logins on a Monday than that of a weekend right?

This is about 70% marketing/promotion and 30% actual stress testing. It's pretty smart if you ask me. It's also not a coincidence that their first BWE was the exact weekend of the TERA OBT.

It's not about them stealing players from other releasing games, it's about them losing potential customers/interest to other games releasing before theirs. It's pretty smart marketing strategy if you ask me.

I just hope people don't come back bitchin and complaining about the game lagging or having login errors after the stress test. I don't understand why so many people confuse betas for trials.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

Originally posted by badgerer

OK, so given that this takes place on a monday afternoon, if they really do stress the servers, does that proove that virtually every GW2 player is unemployed?

Good point, I guess the early portion of the stress test is probably aimed at professional house wifes and husbands. Plus, also all the kids are in school at 11am. With all these stress tests, I wonder if they are finally getting close to announcing the release date.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381

Nooooooo I'm travelling for work... /sadpandaface

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

you guys realise what a Stress test is right?

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Good to know, ill be there with my Mesmer if the servers stay up xD

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515

Sadly i will also be working during the entire stress test. /sigh

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

Come Monday  "Hello, yes, I'm calling in ill today".   :-)

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

Originally posted by Caldrin

you guys realise what a Stress test is right?

Do you realise that anet hasn't stated which problems they want to test and all they really need from us is to be online. 

• ShTogoodShTogood Member Posts: 46

Don’t think i shall be sleeping on Monday. Would be interesting to see what sort of numbers come online in this sort of time frame.

• ValkaernValkaern Member UncommonPosts: 497

Originally posted by Volkon

You know... this much stress testing really isn't indicative of a September launch. Methinks sooner?

I think you're probably right, but the whole September release idea never felt right to me, this just feels like it's a lot closer to release than that.

June just makes so much more sense.  I know many of us haven't had the chance to test PvE 30-80, but with previous closed betas & a fairly large in house testing base, I doubt it's a disaster.

It seems different than most MMOs as well in that I don't think they introduce many new conditions/boons/abilities beyond a certain point that would potentially make balancing higher tiers tricky in the progression of most MMOs. Sure that's only a small part of it leaving scripting bugs, performance issues people mentioned, cleaning up the tragedy of my male using a female voice during my personal story, and some other tweaks, but to me the game felt more polished than most do even after release.

I just can't imagine they'd take our money and leave us waiting for over half a year, it seems the kind of thing you do when you plan to release a few months after.

As the purpose of the stress test, according to a blurb on massively that I assume came from somewhere, is apparently to alleviate issues before the next BWE, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the following weekend as well.

It may all be just wishful thinking and guesses, but there was nothing our group encountered that suggested this game was more than a month or two off releasing.

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

Originally posted by Valkaern

You know... this much stress testing really isn't indicative of a September launch. Methinks sooner?

I think you're probably right, but the whole September release idea never felt right to me, this just feels like it's a lot closer to release than that.

June just makes so much more sense.  I know many of us haven't had the chance to test PvE 30-80, but with previous closed betas & a fairly large in house testing base, I doubt it's a disaster.

It seems different than most MMOs as well in that I don't think they introduce many new conditions/boons/abilities beyond a certain point that would potentially make balancing higher tiers tricky in the progression of most MMOs. Sure that's only a small part of it leaving scripting bugs, performance issues people mentioned, cleaning up the tragedy of my male using a female voice during my personal story, and some other tweaks, but to me the game felt more polished than most do even after release.

I just can't imagine they'd take our money and leave us waiting for over half a year, it seems the kind of thing you do when you plan to release a few months after.

As the purpose of the stress test, according to a blurb on massively that I assume came from somewhere, is apparently to alleviate issues before the next BWE, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the following weekend as well.

It may all be just wishful thinking and guesses, but there was nothing our group encountered that suggested this game was more than a month or two off releasing.

That's basically the purpose of any stress test. It doesn't answer what they are looking at come monday though. It might be server hardware, it might be login issues, Chained DE's. As I stated before all we need to do is show up.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

If they are indeed going to release the game sometime in september, the release date announcement probably isn't that far away.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

it's going to be from 20:00 to 3:00 ... where i live (holland)

i'll be there at least till 0:00 ^^  (working next day)

• ValkaernValkaern Member UncommonPosts: 497

Originally posted by Connmacart

Originally posted by Valkaern

That's basically the purpose of any stress test. It doesn't answer what they are looking at come monday though. It might be server hardware, it might be login issues, Chained DE's. As I stated before all we need to do is show up.

Very true, we all know it's speculation, as acknowledged.

I'm simply stating my impression of the whole situation, fully aware that there's no solid indicators for any of it aside from guesses and vague comparisons between this beta through release and previous games betas through release.

Note the phrasing 'seems', 'I think', 'feels like', 'I wouldn't be surprised'. ;p