Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark Legends: Our Official Dark Legends Review

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The official title of this review is: "Dark Legends Official review: Fang-tastic or Plagued By Mis-Stakes?" We've got a lot to share on that score so settle in for a good read. Played Dark Legends? Let us know what you think in the comments.

In a genre positively bursting at the seams with elves, orcs and the odd spaceship or two, it’s refreshing to see companies embrace a different aesthetic every now and then. Step forward Spacetime Studios, who have done just this with the latest addition to their franchise which already includes Pocket Legends and Star Legends. In Dark Legends, you’re a vampire tasked with destroying those who killed your master, whilst battling hordes of zombies on the side. Designed primarily for Android, iOS and Chrome mobile devices, is this a game worth sinking your teeth into, or do things fall apart in the harsh light of day?

Read more of Luke Karmali's Dark Legends: Our Official Dark Legends Review.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

It's a fun game while sitting on the crapper for 5 minutes, but beyond that it's repetative as a KC and the Sunshine Band song and about as deep as an ashtray.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

If it is not multi-player, than why is the review here..?

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

It is multi-player, just like Pocket and Star Legends.  You just can CHOOSE to play solo.  Not at all unlike other MMOs, no?

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

I'm eagerly awaiting mmorpg.com's upcoming review of Farmville.

• AlgaAlga Member UncommonPosts: 16

How is 7.5 average? on a 1-10 scale?

• MorvMorv Member UncommonPosts: 331

Originally posted by BillMurphy

It is multi-player, just like Pocket and Star Legends.  You just can CHOOSE to play solo.  Not at all unlike other MMOs, no?

No, it's not. I wouldn't even consider it an MMO... just an online game ;)

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by Alga

75% = average

59% and below = fail

• mesmerisemesmerise Member UncommonPosts: 200

Originally posted by teakbois

75% = average

59% and below = fail

Teakbois is right Alga.  I noticed that you live in Europe which uses a different system for grading.  In your system, whether 20 point or 100 point, usually an average grade is around the midpoint (i.e., 10 or 50) instead of at the three-quarter point (i.e., 15 or 75). 

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

Originally posted by mesmerise

75% = average

59% and below = fail

Teakbois is right Alga.  I noticed that you live in Europe which uses a different system for grading.  In your system, whether 20 point or 100 point, usually an average grade is around the midpoint (i.e., 10 or 50) instead of at the three-quarter point (i.e., 15 or 75). 

It has nothing to do with where he lives. I've noticed MMORPG.com rates everything of 8 and above as "great" so relatively this should be good not average.

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

Thanks for the review

Its always nice  to know that titles are out there and how they play... dont let the "Net Divas" discourage you

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

Looks mediocre at best. Going to pass on this one.

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787

Originally posted by revy66

75% = average

59% and below = fail

It has nothing to do with where he lives. I've noticed MMORPG.com rates everything of 8 and above as "great" so relatively this should be good not average.

I agree. Alga is correct. 7.5 on a 1 - 10 scale is NOT average. It doesn't take much common sense to know that "average" should be somewhere towards the middle. A 6 would be average, 7 would be quite good, 8 would be great, 9 would be amazing and 10 would be "mind blowing! Oh my god what the hell is this?! Is it from the future?!".

But then everyone knows that websites like these use a different scale with a range of 3 - 10 image

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by RebelScum99

I'm eagerly awaiting mmorpg.com's upcoming review of Farmville.

*LIKE*

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Originally posted by Pyuk
    It's a fun game while sitting on the crapper for 5 minutes...

lol

I did the same thing with Star Legends. They should call their games Brown Legends.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• shantidevashantideva Member UncommonPosts: 186

Please stop questioning this prime establishment, don't you know that editors and writers are human?

They eat too, thus they need to make a living...And if it really bothers you that much (paid reviews that is) I'm sure there other places to go for your needs. Right?

"Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night, all day!"

• DurrayDurray Member UncommonPosts: 182

Thanks for the review.

I recently upgraded my ancient Nokia to an HTC One X with the Quad-Core tegra 3 processor (yay being outside the US is a good thing for once! England!). So for the first time I am looking at expanging my MMO gaming to a handheld device.

Think I will download this and give it a whirl.

More Android MMO's would be greatly appreciated!

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Originally posted by Durray
    Thanks for the review.I recently upgraded my ancient Nokia to an HTC One X with the Quad-Core tegra 3 processor (yay being outside the US is a good thing for once! England!). So for the first time I am looking at expanging my MMO gaming to a handheld device.Think I will download this and give it a whirl.More Android MMO's would be greatly appreciated!

Order & Chaos is a nice little WoW clone for your mobile device.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

75% = average

59% and below = fail

Actually, average is good. Average is just assuming most games are a 7.5. The median would be 5 but thats not the average unless most games got a 5.

Doesn't have to go average good great it can go average great if you assume average is good.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by neonwire

I agree. Alga is correct. 7.5 on a 1 - 10 scale is NOT average. It doesn't take much common sense to know that "average" should be somewhere towards the middle. A 6 would be average, 7 would be quite good, 8 would be great, 9 would be amazing and 10 would be "mind blowing! Oh my god what the hell is this?! Is it from the future?!".

But then everyone knows that websites like these use a different scale with a range of 3 - 10 image

It's probablly closer to 7-10 ocasionally a 6.5. They should just have 1-5 and be done with it. Even that would not make the reviews consistent however.

MMORPG reviews 3/10.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

A revieuw and what gets discussed is the 7,5 number being a average ohhh mmorpg.com you became a 4chan upside down.

• AsatasAsatas Member Posts: 3

On the front page: Boobees! Here: Neverwinter 1 graphics :(

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

Actually, average is good. Average is just assuming most games are a 7.5. The median would be 5 but thats not the average unless most games got a 5.

Doesn't have to go average good great it can go average great if you assume average is good.

Actually both the median and mean for the number range for 1 - 10 is 5.5.

I can't recall them ever scoring any aspect of a game lower than a 4, though, so they're really working on a 4-10 scale.  Which makes the mean 7 and the median 7, and explains their naming conventions for the scores.

• VeldaraVeldara Member UncommonPosts: 30

I find it odd that Spacetime Sd seems to be going backwards in their game evolution.  They got it right the first time with Pocket Legends, it had a perfect balance between cashstore and f2p aspects of it.  All of a sudden with every new outting they add more systems in place to fleece players into using the cashstore.

Dark Legends, is the worst of them all in terms of bad cashstore practices from Spacetime.  It's a decent game, but the limited and timed actions which also can be bypassed only by spending a lot of money is going too far.  But looking back at it perhaps it's also serves a dual purpose in that it keeps players from burning the short content since this game seems to be purely cashstore centric.

Personally I find MMORPG is far too forgiving and generious with their ratings on games. 

• PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239

Originally posted by shantideva

Please stop questioning this prime establishment, don't you know that editors and writers are human?

They eat too, thus they need to make a living...And if it really bothers you that much (paid reviews that is) I'm sure there other places to go for your needs. Right?

I wonder how much will they except if i pay them to tell the truth? After all, isnt that why you are here?image

I retired retroactively..Haha

• Munkyman1Munkyman1 Member Posts: 221

This is an aweful game, not an mmorpg, and its disgusting that it has a review, and that the review scores it as anything above a 3...can't go any lower simply because at the least the game is UNFORTUNATELY playable.