Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEw Roadmap Announced (apparently)

StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

Hmm..interesting.

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/component/yvcomment/

Front lines!

More better Bombs!

New Inf Weapons!

Improved(?) Fru rules!

More PPO's!

<crosses toes - all 12 of em>

Comments

• ZbusZbus Member Posts: 116

Looks like the Rats are on the ropes and about to go down from what I read. That makes me sad even with how the game is in its current state. I hope the changes they make are enough but if they want the Hard Core guys back they need to revive squads and dump that HC AO system. Alot of those guys are going to have a hard time buying anouther NEW ROAD MAP when the RATS never came through on the first one all those years ago.

Its real simple WW2 online was maent to be played on a massive scale people want to see

1. Huge tank runs of 50 to 100 tanks

2. They want infantry support to move along with tanks

3. They want Interdiction of supplies

4. They want CAP for battles on the ground

5. They want that huge map to mean something allowing for tactical movements across land  not just from the FB to the town.

Which system provided this you ask well the squad based one did. HC and AO never matched the tactics or planning  nor did they provide a solid base for mass organized play. Shame really the Rats had the secret to sucess a long time ago in large squad play its to bad they had to kill the goose that layed the golden egg.

With all that said I really hope they can kep the game going but ill reserve my support till they show me they really mean what they say and are not going to just make claims and leave the player base out in the cold like they did to alot of us old timers for 10 years.

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

Originally posted by Zbus

Looks like the Rats are on the ropes and about to go down from what I read. That makes me sad even with how the game is in its current state. I hope the changes they make are enough but if they want the Hard Core guys back they need to revive squads and dump that HC AO system. Alot of those guys are going to have a hard time buying anouther NEW ROAD MAP when the RATS never came through on the first one all those years ago.

OH Hiy Zbus!

Heres the link to something.

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/component/content/article/19-this-that/11391-critical-crossroads-for-wwii-online-a-we-need-your-help

FYI - they have also reduced the price for old time subscribers so come get some ;-)

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Stug

Hmm..interesting.

Front lines!

More better Bombs!

New Inf Weapons!

Improved(?) Fru rules!

More PPO's!

I noticed in the comments section numerous people asking for infantry changes.  Recoding infantry, Smoothing infantry controls, infantry lag, better predictor code.  Yet none of that is on the new roadmap.  Infantry gameplay is critical to this game's continued survival in my opinion. And it's so archaic and frustrating compared to the competition.  

• PaukerPauker Member Posts: 60
    Originally posted by rendus
    Originally posted by Stug

Hmm..interesting.

Front lines!

More better Bombs!

New Inf Weapons!

Improved(?) Fru rules!

More PPO's!

I noticed in the comments section numerous people asking for infantry changes.  Recoding infantry, Smoothing infantry controls, infantry lag, better predictor code.  Yet none of that is on the new roadmap.  Infantry gameplay is critical to this game's continued survival in my opinion. And it's so archaic and frustrating compared to the competition.  

Numerous people asked for infantry changes in the comments section?

I made a list of those comments - you can see how it fits:

Well, i was wondering what was ment with:

".....our plans lined up almost exactly with your ideas ", so i tried to collect the players ideas given in the comments of:

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/in...rive-decisions

And here are the results:
    Better Mission UI HC-tools 17
    Barbed wire /PPOs 12
    STO Bombs 8
    Better graphics 8
    Improve RDP-war 6
    Air love 5
    TEII 4
    Damaged vehicle repair 4
    Italians 4
    Colored smoke 3
    Artillery 3
    No SD 2
    Para steering 2
    FRU improvement 2
    Squad emblems/decals 2
    Gun Recoil audit 1
    Meaningful Rank 1

And the winner is:

<font "="" face="">New tanks and planes 49

I didn´t posted a comment there at all, so i don´t counted my personal opinion.

So it seems, that the majority of those comments posted a suggestion where new planes (bombers/fighterplanes), tanks and motorcycles - including SPAA and SPA are wanted. Other changes/improvements than new models i´ve counted as "air-love" - like more/better targets or weather/cloud-changes.

I am really wondering how that fits the official roadmap?

• MaxipadMaxipad Member Posts: 19

Its real simple WW2 online was maent to be played on a massive scale people want to see

5. They want that huge map to mean something allowing for tactical movements across land  not just from the FB to the town.

Which system provided this you ask well the squad based one did. HC and AO never matched the tactics or planning  nor did they provide a solid base for mass organized play. Shame really the Rats had the secret to sucess a long time ago in large squad play its to bad they had to kill the goose that layed the golden egg.

With all that said I really hope they can kep the game going but ill reserve my support till they show me they really mean what they say and are not going to just make claims and leave the player base out in the cold like they did to alot of us old timers for 10 years.

All of this.

Originally posted by Maxipad

All of this.

Many people want this, but what is needed from those people is their money, then they can remain in silence and wait untill the end of days.

No surprise the current playerbase mainly wants new toys.  They should poll the ex-subscribers.  Historically toys hasn't brought in the numbers.
    Originally posted by rendus
    No surprise the current playerbase mainly wants new toys.  They should poll the ex-subscribers.  Historically toys hasn't brought in the numbers.

Yep, i see what you try to say - "we cannot satisfy everyone ...."

But they tried to satisfy Inf-gamers and didn´t changed the gameplay - except implementing FRUs, which killed the ATG-game and in combination with RPATs put the last nail in tanking games coffin.

Well, many are agreeing, that Inf received devs attention - but hey, couple years are enough.

No wonder, players are asking for new toys too - more than a half decade gone without new planes or vehicles. If CRS is going to listen to players, then they should implement new planes and vehicles too - besides of new ships AND simultaniously CAN change the gameplay, because artists don´t do the programming stuff.

Since they worked for the China release - instead of getting the announced "benefits" for their (ouside of PRoC) customers, mentioned when naval patch was cancelled, players (besides Inf) got nothing new for too long.

Its funny to say, that "new toys" doesn´t bring new players - but what happened in the past? No new toys and a dwindling playerbase, this cannot be seen as aproving that

"New toys doesn´t bring new players", but it is an aproval of the oposite thing.

Can't tell if your agreeing with me or not.  

Hm, generaly i do agree. With all the recent changes made for Inf, the gameplay doesn´t improved - not for Inf, not for other sections.

Problem is, they started so many things in this game but finished nothing really. Okay, lets take a look at Inf:

There still warping, lagging and stuttering Inf. When sitting in a building it happens that you got shot and in the deathcam you can see EI coming around the corner - or when you shoot at EI, they turn around and kills you before they die. Thats why playing Inf can be incredible frustrating - especially in Towns.

Towns - hm, how does they look when buildings are not damaged/destroyed - they are looking like steril unrealistic clean towns. At the sides of the roads is nothing - absolutly nothing. No signs that humans living or lived there - absolutly surreal.

Besides train stations in a handfull towns, no, absolutly no building has a basement.

For Infantry weapons - how long does people was asking for a LMG with AA-tripod? But no - like i posted at another statement - new helmets and backbags. Tanks rushing to spawnpoints and camp the crap out of spawning Inf, because of the lack of other targets in the fields. No more interdiction of manual resupply due to brigade warping. There is an endless list of things got worse patch after patch - and instead of something getting improved, this list gots longer and longer.

Slowly i do start to agree with people in the german comunity who are hoping, that CRS went into bankrupcy and/or another company who understand their business would take over the game; which still holds much more potential than any other ww2 mmorg (if developed properly).

Who needs the clutters, people thinking they can "hide" there - but that works only for some 40 meters - 50 meters; at greater range, the "hidden" Inf is visible like on a silver tablet.

Some few people can ruin a whole attack by blowing a FB away - that means someone has to do the boring job and guard that FB (staring at the screen for hours, while propably nothing happens - and then suddenly the FB disaperars without the sound of exploding satchels - very realistic)

FRUs can be placed by a single sneaky Inf in silent stealth modus in the back of defenders and make a whole brigade spawning from there - across each river without limitation. FRUs reduced the ATG-game a lot. Each implementation of things to support teamplay ended up in reducing the teamplay, because nobody cares for towing anymore. Recently now nobody stops and ask an Inf does he want a ride anymore.  Yes, i do agree - there needs to be a lot done - but NOT only to make the Inf-game better, but all gameplay.

The question is - CRS focussed for a very long time on that Inf-play (and made it worse), does it is a smart idea to ask for focussing on ATG/AA/Air/Tanking or Naval game instead - because who knows how much worse it would become if they did focus on other sections than Inf. Many players claimed, that 2005 the whole game was better than now and CRS shouldn´t have touched the 2005 game.

• nachofootnachofoot Member UncommonPosts: 122

I did actually come back for a month (I think it was last November).  During that gameplay session, the campaign was taken down for beta testing of the new weapons.

That was the most fun I've ever had in this game.  I got to choose any weapon I wanted and I got to see kill messages in real time.  All good things must come to an end though and they put the campaign back into effect.  The last thing I remember thinking on the final day of my subscription was, "I wish I could spawn a bazooka just once more."

Oh well.  Now that I have a computer that can run games on max settings, I may try out Planetside 2.  EA/Dice just royally screwed up BF3 so that's no longer a choice either.

• ZbusZbus Member Posts: 116

To the old timers Hard Core had nothing to do with the weapons one had. Players like GQ27 could take a  piece of crap like the french SMG and work wonders with it holding a CP. The Hard core guys that left this game had patience to sit and wait be that guarding a capture point or figureing out the best spot to cut supplies. They enjoyed the fact that the game was hard and took effort. Trying to get those guys back when you got AO's HC and star gates that got interduced when the Rats decided to go after the A.D.D. crowd is not going to work.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

To the old timers Hard Core had nothing to do with the weapons one had. Players like GQ27 could take a  piece of crap like the french SMG and work wonders with it holding a CP. The Hard core guys that left this game had patience to sit and wait be that guarding a capture point or figureing out the best spot to cut supplies. They enjoyed the fact that the game was hard and took effort. Trying to get those guys back when you got AO's HC and star gates that got interduced when the Rats decided to go after the A.D.D. crowd is not going to work.

At this point it would be like taking a tea spoon and trying to bail water on the Titanic.

So much crap, so little quality.

• WhackoWhacko Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Originally posted by Hodo

At this point it would be like taking a tea spoon and trying to bail water on the Titanic.

It's exactly that Hodo.....

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

Well, they say teh Americans are in this map <crosses fingers> and they have upped HE fragments so they will be more damaging against soft targets, which is nice....

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

I played this game a ton many years ago before all the Command layer of play was introduced.  I really had a lot of fun with the game but over time as they started to add resource rules/etc. I drifted away from the game.  I really can't say if it was because of CRS shifted the focus of the game or my interests shifted away but everytime I have tried to go back I last a day or two before giving up the on the game again.