Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$60 well worth your money.

TheonenoniTheonenoni Member Posts: 279

Most games out there today don't even last 3 hours in single player content.  In GW2 your personal storyline and the road to getting to max level could take well over 60 hours.   

In the BWE we played for what 30 hours? Some people got to level 25-30.  Do the math and also take into account each level takes as much time to complete as the last level before it. 90 minutes Anet said is how long it takes to level for each level after level 20. 

We barely scratched the surface as far as gear in GW2.  All the good stuff with bonuses and insignias and stuff is in later levels. 

A great example of how short a game was and how much it costed was God of War. $60 , beat it in 4 hours.  Felt like more of a movie with some sex  than a game. 

Sure there will be a cash shop. Everything in the cash shop can be bought with in-game currency. in-game gold can be exchanged for gems.  So if Anet sells expansions and additional content in the cash shop you may never have to spend a dime again after $60.  

Eve is a good example with its plex but i think Eve online forces you to play all the time for plex to keep your account going. In GW2 you can stop playing for months and when you come back everything is still there. 

Well worth $60.  This business model is perfect IMO. 

-I am here to perform logic

Comments

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

I for one gonne enjoy and relax through the game for me its not a silly race to lvlcap or think i must race through content.
    All tho i very doub that personal story plus to lvl80 is posible in 60 hours and why you even wanne do this is btw beyond me:)

Those who where lvl30 just rush through the game many of those are also and believe me they are gonne scream game have no end game or nothing to do at the end but don't mention they have not seen about 80% of other content in the game hehe.

And why compare with solo/comsole games is also beyond me?

Offcorse if you like games like GW2 its worth every penny why even ask the question all who like GW2 already know that question hehe.

60$/€ will be no problem:)

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Silly people. If you take the time to explore everything and hit almost every event, not including personal story or WvW, you currently have 500 - 800 hours or so of content. The trick is to forget the rush to 80 and focus on the journey.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

Originally posted by Volkon

Silly people. If you take the time to explore everything and hit almost every event, not including personal story or WvW, you currently have 500 - 800 hours or so of content. The trick is to forget the rush to 80 and focus on the journey.

Actually the good part is that, even if you rush to 80, you can still go back and experience all the other stuff without mopping the floor with everything thanks to deleveling.

• Agreed. Well worth your money, it's gonna be a really fun game.

• CorthagathCorthagath Member Posts: 291

i think any game you play over 100 hours is well worth the money, i bought my copy of gw2 for 54 € and my friend got it for like 35 € from this one store >.<

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

Originally posted by AvatarBlade

Originally posted by Volkon

Actually the good part is that, even if you rush to 80, you can still go back and experience all the other stuff without mopping the floor with everything thanks to deleveling.

That alone will give the first people to 80 something to do while the rest are still catching up. You will never be unable to play with your friends or even random strangers just because you're not the same level. I don't think everyone fully appreciates how easy this will make it to do what you want when you want with who you want.

Of course PvP makes everyone 80 so there's no problem with level there... just a few missing skills and traits for WvW until you hit 80.

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

I think GW2 will bring back the layed back social aspect to the MMO and I for one think the cost is money well spent.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760