Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reinforcements coming for RTS gaming: COH2 is inbound!

WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Personally, I think RTS gaming has been in a terrible rut for years.  Well, Company of Heroes 2 has been announced, a sequel to the best RTS game, IMO (COH1), a game that did more things to push the boundaries of RTS gaming than some later released, big name in the genre *ahem* Starcraft 2...

While COH1 and its expansions have been set in Western Europe, COH2 is going to going to take place in a theater that was the most massive of scale in everything involved.  The Eastern Front, the Soviet Union vs Nazi Germany.

Nice to see the king making his way back home.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Yeah saw that, looking forward to seeing it action, I just hope it hasn't lost anything from what made it great, with the tragic loss of the lead dev.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson