Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inferno movie

coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,948Member Uncommon

This is a link to a movie describing new difficulty - Inferno.

I find it pretty cool

Waiting for L2 EU Classic

• DraftbeerDraftbeer SzarvasPosts: 517Member Uncommon
  • ProfRedProfRed Duluth, GAPosts: 3,511Member

Cool stuff.  I hope that gear in each tier is more visual than 100% stats so that we don't have everyone going for the same tier, but I guess it comes down to rolls. 

• fivorothfivoroth LondonPosts: 3,692Member Uncommon
    Cant wait for next tuesday.

Mission in life: Vanquish all trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• bronecarbronecar onestiPosts: 685Member

Nice watch, but why is everyone so obsessed with this inferno difficulty? :)

• ProfRedProfRed Duluth, GAPosts: 3,511Member

Originally posted by bronecar

It is essentially the end game of D3 so a lot of people have immense interest in it.  People want something really difficult, and there are all kinds of things to debate over.

1) Make it super hard, but is it only hard until you have the gear?  Or truly hard regardless of if you have Tier 11 or Tier 15 gear?

2) Make it a standard difficulty across all acts so the end game is basically a hard version of the whole game, or make just the final act the hardest and thus reap the best rewards making everyone farm the same smaller area of the game at end game?

3) Make all gear accessible to any act, or make the better gear advance with each act of the game making people want to farm only the end?

etc., etc.

After the first say 4-5 months of the game being out this is where everyone will spend their time for years so it is under a spotlight.

• MikkelBMikkelB SteenwijkPosts: 240Member

Originally posted by bronecar

The way Blizzard puts it 1-60 is pretty much Normal through Hell. At 60 you have everything, every skill unlocked. So the game really starts there. In Inferno you always stay level 60, get no more skills, only better loot. The monsters however do get stronger in levels. They also seem to have different, exclusive ability in Inferno, according to the video here. The way I see it, Normal through Hell is just practice, Diablo for my dad. Inferno is for me, sounds like a real challenge, but knowing myself, it will probably take ages to get through, if I've to believe Blizzard image

• bronecarbronecar onestiPosts: 685Member

Hm, I guess it makes sense if you wish to spend a lot of time playing the game.

Thanks for the replies, guys, see you in hell come may 15! :D

• coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,948Member Uncommon

I think it was a great idea to include another difficulty in the game. From the available information, this difficulty will be very hard which will have a positive impact on the game, in my opinion. Besides gear grind which is inevitably one of the most significant aspects of the Diablo series, we will be offered a real challenge which may keep players interested in the game (as long as it is fun which I personally do not doubt).

I am really looking forward to playing inferno in Hardcore mode.

Oh and btw if they stick to one week cycle of releasing new info/videos, they are likely to reveal something cool today...likely a new character...the link is already included in some other threat, but just for those who may be interested in checking for updates I put it down there :). New character video was released every week, last one being wizard trailer on May 1st and since today is May 8th and there is still one "bubble" empty before release and exactly one week from now, there is the bubble with release date, it is possible that the new char or some interesting game mechanism gets revealed today.

Waiting for L2 EU Classic