Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help With Choosing a MMORPG

Before I begin, I want to state that I am currently playing World of Warcraft. Now, on to the topic mentioned.

Basically, I am looking for a beautiful, realistic MMORPG that offers crafting. In MMORPGs, I constantly look for well-developed Quests, a good sense of action, and some Castle Sieges, Battlefields, etc.

If anyone can tell me which MMORPGs are suitable for my taste, I will be very pleased.

Comments

• MunkaMunka Member UncommonPosts: 252

Well I would have to suggest taking a look at this sites list of games, mabe sort them by status and look at the ones in beta. If your really looking for something with crafting mabe think about looking at Ultima Online, Rubies of Eventide, and.... er well I'm not sure of anything else. My big issue with MMOG's these days are the serious lack of doing something other than killing things. It's unfortunate but it's the perverse nature of humans. For some sick reason we get our rocks off at killing and slautering things. Yes, I do it too and sadly enjoy it. The forum here also has a section for open beta's, mabe take a look there and see if you can find something you might like.

• ObiyerObiyer Member Posts: 511

Originally posted by Rilliath
    Basically, I am looking for a beautiful, realistic MMORPG that offers crafting..

WoW offers this, realistic artwork aside.

Though hardpressed I would suggest Horizons: Empire of Istaria for it's crafting. Everquest II has it too, though I do not recommend either of them as both have serious flaws but the latter is polished.

• HyoukanHyoukan Member Posts: 307

Originally posted by Obiyer

Basically, I am looking for a beautiful, realistic MMORPG that offers crafting..

WoW offers this, realistic artwork aside.

Though hardpressed I would suggest Horizons: Empire of Istaria for it's crafting. Everquest II has it too, though I do not recommend either of them as both have serious flaws but the latter is polished.

OMGZ HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT EQII LIKE DAT!!! j/k

Um, yeah, I'd say your best bet is WoW, second would be EQII. EQII has superb quests, narrative-wise atleast. And WoW just has plain great quests.
  • RilliathRilliath Member Posts: 7

Alright, I thank you all for your feedback. I will stick with WoW and GW's Betas. ::::31::

• MunkaMunka Member UncommonPosts: 252

If you can get past needing to have cutting edge graphics, then there are alot of some what "enjoyable" time killers out there. I'm playing Knight Online atm and it's ok, graphics aren't bleading like a stuck pig, but its fun none the less. If your into FPS games, mabe take a look at Planetside, I really had a blast there and enjoyed every minute of it.

• yenlowang135yenlowang135 Member Posts: 28

Hmmm, if you just wanna build things then yeah wow is a good game for it.

But if your talking about progessing in a game with out fighting a game ive been looking at is

http://www.darkandlight.net/ eruh dark and light

There's a social and combat lvl system, along with being able to rule land and hire npcs to do it for you.

I think its a very under hyped game but then again it may suck balls only 2 months away dough.

• Snogard1Snogard1 Member Posts: 4

DARK AND LIGHT!

This game looks badass and yet has little mentioning.  If this game goes down in flames for having big dreams and small advertising I will cry at night.

j/k but seriously check it out and spread the word if it suites you.

-a dim light for the little guy

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

Before I begin, I want to state that I am currently playing World of Warcraft. Now, on to the topic mentioned.
    Basically, I am looking for a beautiful, realistic MMORPG that offers crafting. In MMORPGs, I constantly look for well-developed Quests, a good sense of action, and some Castle Sieges, Battlefields, etc.
    If anyone can tell me which MMORPGs are suitable for my taste, I will be very pleased.

Although it is an older game, you may want to look at Dark Age of Camelot. Crafting is very important in that game. The other things you said you like, castle sieges, battlegrounds, a good sense of action, are all true for DAoC.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests