Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: First Adventure Pack coming March 21st

MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758

The official site has annouced that the first adventure pack for Everquest 2; The Bloodline Chronicles will be released on March 21st and is available for pre-order now.  In addition people that pre-order the adventure pack with have early access to a special area known as the D'Morte Burial Chambers.

Check out the official announcement here

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Comments

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
    lol adventure pack is that ment to throw players off image
  • bobothewizarbobothewizar Member Posts: 56
    They can stick there adventure packs up where the sun dont shine. This "Adventure packs" should have been included in our monthly fee. Glad i moved to WoW.
  • MinimumMinimum Member UncommonPosts: 236

Originally posted by bobothewizar
    They can stick there adventure packs up where the sun dont shine. This "Adventure packs" should have been included in our monthly fee. Glad i moved to WoW.

Why would they want to put them in a cave?

Seriously.  It's all about the money for Smedly.  Profit is one thing, but this is just a gouging.

Glad I quit too.

• vixynvixyn Member UncommonPosts: 13

Its supposed to be 4.99$USD, which, honestly, is not that bad of a price.

And if you're paying for All Access, you get them free.

Originally posted by vixyn

Thats great, but where is your $14.99 a month going?  Its definately not for content, that costs extra. 
  • vixynvixyn Member UncommonPosts: 13

The same place that the monthly fees for WoW or whatnot go to.

1) Server maintenence - Yes, they DO do maintenence, in fact, every morning.
    2) Employer fees - Devs have to be paid, also.
    3) Advertising - you think the ad's on websites put themselves there?

• RadmuzRadmuz Member Posts: 85

It is hard to tell whether this is going to be good or bad for gamers. Historically there have been expansion sets that cost between $20 and $50. Of course the first people to speak up about that also blasted whoever the developer was that was releasing the expansion set, claiming all the reasons I see above.

You probably are not going to have a whole lot of people come out on a public board and support paying this extra $5, or any extra charge. But at the end of the day there will not be many people who quit over this alone. Just about all subscribers will buy these as well. So SOE will make out well from it.

I know that the sales pitch for the monthly fees included this concept of "new content" being added though. And once again SOE is leading the pack in finding a way to milk a bit more money out of their customers. This is probably why we see the market share for SOE dropping. So I believe this is going to produce some additional short term cash for SOE. But I also believe that they are constantly losing good will with the gaming community. This in the end will destroy them if they do not wake up and see they are not the only game around any longer.

• MalakaiMalakai Member Posts: 147

Yeah a whopping $4.99 for an optional expansion pack...how stupid.  Kind of like having to pay for extra characters in ffxi  /sarcasm off.   But seriously I think its a pretty good idea.  No one is forcing you to buy them.  Its just extra content if you want it.  And if you have been an All Access Pass member for 6 months you get every single one for free.  I would always rather have too much content available then not enough.

Originally posted by Gunblade

lol, I got an e-mail about this from SOE...and I am just like "I don't even subscribe to this why did they e-mail me"?
    So I read it and my god...how much is it? Cause it sounds so stupid to me. Vampires? Werewolves? Crypts?
    LAME...get som creativity jeesus. Did they add a vampire class to?
    I mean I don't want to sound like I bash EQ2 all day this is my first time really....but damn this just sounds stupid to me.

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

And if you're paying for All Access, you get them free.Thats great, but where is your $14.99 a month going? Its definately not for content, that costs extra.

Funny, they seem to have added a TON of free content since release, as long as they're adding free content if they want to charge a WHOOPING $4.99 for an adventure pack that contains as much as this one seems to contain well I'm all for it.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

Originally posted by Radmuz

But at the end of the day there will not be many people who quit over this alone. Just about all subscribers will buy these as well. So SOE will make out well from it.

Acutally the 3 accounts at my house were cancelled becuase of this. I might be the exception but when the wife and I found out about this we finally called it quits, that was i guess 2 months ago when they first announced it.

Originally posted by Kunou

Thats great, but where is your $14.99 a month going? Its definately not for content, that costs extra.

Funny, they seem to have added a TON of free content since release, as long as they're adding free content if they want to charge a WHOOPING $4.99 for an adventure pack that contains as much as this one seems to contain well I'm all for it.

Its milking of the players, everyone knows it.  I hope this idea fails becuase if not, everyone else will be doing it.   From what i can tell, EQ2 is not doing that well the way it is.  This might just be the "instant bonus" cash flow that they need.
  • ElvewanElvewan Member Posts: 1

Acutally the 3 accounts at my house were cancelled becuase of this. I might be the exception but when the wife and I found out about this we finally called it quits, that was i guess 2 months ago when they first announced it.

Actually, my friends and I cancelled because of this "packs" (4 accounts).

After waiting for Eq2 so much, SOE did it again, as with SWG, and dissapointed me. Doubt Im only one...

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Originally posted by Kunou Originally posted by bobothewizarOriginally posted by vixyn Its supposed to be 4.99$USD, which, honestly, is not that bad of a price.And if you're paying for All Access, you get them free.
    Thats great, but where is your $14.99 a month going? Its definately not for content, that costs extra. Funny, they seem to have added a TON of free content since release, as long as they're adding free content if they want to charge a WHOOPING $4.99 for an adventure pack that contains as much as this one seems to contain well I'm all for it.Its milking of the players, everyone knows it. I hope this idea fails becuase if not, everyone else will be doing it. From what i can tell, EQ2 is not doing that well the way it is. This might just be the "instant bonus" cash flow that they need.

EQ2 not doing that well? True, its not for everyone, but I'd say 325,000+ subscribers isn't too shoddy... Hell I've seen games release $29.99 Expansion Packs which didn't have much more than whats in that $4.99 "Adventure Pack"... And they're not forcing anyone to buy it, hell, they're even giving people who don't buy it one of the zones in it. I can't really see how its milking the players if they're not forced to buy it, the ones who want to buy it will, the ones who don't won't. People seem to get into this false ideal that game companies' sole reason for existance is to make their players happy, give them everything they want on a silver platter, but I'm sorry, they're a business just like everyone else, their sole purpose, just like every other business out there, is to make money. Yes yes, go ahead and throw out the tired argument that if they don't make their customers happy they won't make any money. While that is partially true, there still has to exist a balance between giving the customers what they want for free and making a profit and I think so far they've done well on that, there's been a ton of new content added since release for free. A lot of the complaints players had have been addressed and dealt with (more solo content, vitality system, tradeskill revamp {which I absolutely hate as a primary crafter, but the majority seemed to want it for some reason} and a lot of other stuff). Personally I feel with everything in the Adventure Pack $4.99 is a very fair price.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• RadmuzRadmuz Member Posts: 85

Originally posted by Radmuz

But at the end of the day there will not be many people who quit over this alone. Just about all subscribers will buy these as well. So SOE will make out well from it.

Even your post makes me stick with my opinion. I suspect that you were unhappy over other issues prior to making this decision. If not then I am sure they have calculated a small number might quit over it, but they will make more in the 5 bucks from everyone else.

EQ had expansions, and lots of them. So seeing EQ2 having extra content you have to buy should not be a suprise to anyone. image

• XanderZaneXanderZane Member Posts: 226
    I have no problem with SOE wanting to provide more content to the subscribers. But charging extra fees to access website content and then more fees for Adventure Pak content is a bit overboard. I know all about the All Access crap, but I don't have any plans to play SWG or Planetside ever again. I would rather SOE just release their usual expansion pack for $29.99 once every 6 months, which would include everything that would be in those Adventure Paks, but lots more. The way SOE has it now, it really makes it seem like they are milking the customers for as much money as they can get. True, people don't have to purchase the Adv. Pak, but that's like dangling a carrot in front of a rabbit. It's like, 'here's some incredible content for you guys, but you have to pay us for it.'. Sorry SOE, no I don't. I've already paid and have been paying every month. Many people will get angry fron this and quit. I'm not going to quit. I really haven't played the game that much to make me want to quit yet. I've been addicted to WoW. The only time I really get to see EQ2 is when the WoW servers are down. Sad, but true. Still, I have no plans to purchase any of the Adv Paks and chances are good the SOE will release 4 Adv paks in stores as a bundle pack for $10 somewhere down the road.

Xander

Even your post makes me stick with my opinion. I suspect that you were unhappy over other issues prior to making this decision. If not then I am sure they have calculated a small number might quit over it, but they will make more in the 5 bucks from everyone else.
    EQ had expansions, and lots of them. So seeing EQ2 having extra content you have to buy should not be a suprise to anyone. image

Yes your right, we were unhappy after our first free month ran out and we "had the option" of paying for the stats and stuff on sonys website.  We had a first hinkling of them trying to milk every little bit of money they could from the player base with that. Then once the adventure packs were announced we said to ourselves yep, this isnt for us, were not paying for something that should be included in our monthly fee.  

I wouldnt care if they released a expansion on CD and I had to buy it, that would be different. I think a expansion on CD would include more stuff.  The expansions that came out for EQ Live contained whole new planets, lands for what? $15     I dunno i just cannot see spending $5 every 2 months for one or 2 new places to adventure.  

Also, i think the reason that these adventure packs get me so angry is the simple fact that I had so much anticipation for this game and so much love for the everquest games themselves.  When we(the wife and I) finally installed the game and played it for a week we were so upset with it just playing it.  The game itself lacks something that I cannot pin point.  I personally think its the fun factor that it lacks, for us anyway.  Maybe its the mindset of the old eq grind included in to this new game..

Anyway, im getting off topic now. No i dont like the adventure packs and i personally do not think its fair to the player.  They pay $15 a month, give em something for it besides making them pay more for stuff that should already be there.

• NiteShadowNiteShadow Member Posts: 21

SoE has given us a plethora of stuff for FREE.  They even let you play the adv pack for FREE, you just can not get to the lower levels of the dungeon w/out the 4.99 fee.  There Expansion is allready underway, and the devs allready said as well as the producers that its going to be just as big if not bigger then EQ2 at launch.  Theres 100 zones now if not more in EQ2.  Imagine 100 more, w/ totally new storyline, another plethora of quests, heritages, enviorments, and content to drool over. 

If 4.99 is hard for you get a job or something.  Whats 5$? Its piddley squat.  The free content is just that, the adv pack is new models, particle effects, audio, sfx, you name it.  Its like a ultra mini expansion , which took devs and money to make.  The content added thus far, which is great in its own rite, and for FREE is not new models and what have you, its just bascially mods to the world to add more content.  Theres a difference w/ the ADV Pack, and free content we get monthly. 

How much content has Blizzard given you free, how much downtime, crashes, and server queues of hrs upon hrs of waiting? Ah yes..   Content wise, sure its coming, but SoE has allready done so much for FREE.  More is on its way, next Live Update for March will open up alot of new options w/ the Mentoring system for example.  Not to mention 2 MORE NEW Raid Zones.

Heres just a summary which can not really explain how much stuff we've gotten since NOV, but it gives you an idea.  I wont expect a post from you on WoW's free content additions, cause well.. there hasnt been any.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EverQuest II continues to grow at an amazing rate, not just in the number of players that have fallen in love with the game's rich, entertaining content, but also in the physical size of the world. We've got over 350,000 people logging in to our servers every week, with no delays or wait times and the game they are playing is only getting better.

Below are a few reasons why we believe that if you aren't currently playing EverQuest II, you should be. We are committed to our player base and are very passionate about making EverQuest II the best MMO game.

Open Communication
    Sony Online has an amazing community relations team that listens to players' feedback, and let them know what is going on with EverQuest II. Our development team and even our president, John Smedley, often respond personally to players, so players can rest assured that SOE is listening (and reading) and we do care what our subscribers think. Many of the changes that have already been made to EverQuest II (i.e. more solo content, new interfaces, and even quest content) have been a direct result of community feedback.

350,000 Players, No Waiting -- SOE Subscribers Can Play the Game They're Paying to Play, When They Want To
    We believe strongly in ensuring that the players can get into EverQuest II whenever they want. Understandably, all MMO games have downtime for maintenance and patching, but we don't believe in making our players wait to play our games. Players are paying a monthly subscription to play a game and our job is to work hard to let them play it as much as, and when, they choose.

Tons of Content Added Since Launch
    Since launch, an enormous amount of free content has been added to EverQuest II. In addition to changes that made the game more fun for soloists and group players alike, more than 1100 quests have been added to the game since launch on November 8th. We've added more than 1200 new items to the game, including more craftable items for tradeskillers, and more loot around the world. Almost 400 new spells have been added and we've worked diligently to make sure our spell effects are as eye-catching as they are powerful. Recently, we added 8 new areas to the world, so there are now well over 100 zones in the world of EverQuest II to explore.

That's not all. We have a very long list of new features, additions, and gameplay enhancements that make EverQuest II even more fun to play, including:

• Greatly increased solo and small group experience rewards
    • Lots of new armor looks
    • Two new dungeons available for level 25 to 30 groups
    • A dozen new level 50 epic raid zones have been added, including the Draconic quests
    • Eight new instanced dungeons for both soloers and groups
    • More encounters added for soloers and small groups, including advanced solo encounters
    • Tons of new quests, many for solo players
    • Sabotage quests that allow you to strike at your rival city
    • Training spells added as yet another way to personalize your character
    • New examine information added to explain the benefits of spells, arts, food, drink, poisons, and potions
    • Brawlers get built-in shields
    • Guild followers can now spend the status they earn at city merchants
    • Easier to equip rings, wrist items, and weapons
    • Maps now show your current heading
    • Lots of UI tweaks and enhancements
    • Revamped Heroic Opportunities, making them more fun and visually dynamic
    • Vitality indicator added to your XP bar
    • Tabbed chat windows have been added to organize your conversations
    • See what your target is attacking with the new Implied Target window
    • More precise, informative AC values
    • New heritage quests, including Golden Efreeti Boots and the Crown of King Tranix
    • A new con system that allows you to see important information on enemies before you attack
    • Longer durations for short-term group buffs and single-target buffs
    • Less fizzles on spells meaning more damage more often
    • Shorter timers and fewer restrictions on instanced zones
    • House pet naming
    • All tradeskill classes can now refine their own materials and components
    • Wizards and Warlocks go nuke happy with more damage
    • Tanks now tank better with increased mitigation
    • Easier search abilities so you can find potions, poisons, activated items, and food
    • Even more voiceover available for optional download

Unmatched Customer Service
    Our customer service team is working around the clock to ensure the best possible play experience for all of our players.  As EverQuest II continues to grow, our CSRs and Game Masters continue to hone their skills at addressing our players' needs.  New help solutions are constantly being created and implemented as well, allowing our players to maximize their enjoyment of the game rather than our hold music.

All of this new content has given players a reason to come back to our world again and again, and we're continuing to make gameplay improvements every month.

Today, Sony Online Entertainment would like to invite players from any game that may be experiencing lines to log in to their servers, a lack of customer service attention, or a lack of new, free game content, to play the EverQuest II - "Trial of the Isle" Demo via FilePlanet as a free download. We think they'll agree that EverQuest II is a fun, engaging experience that players have to see to believe.

Now heres a preview of our March Update, which we will be getting later this week or next week.

yes.. FREE content.

*** Headlines ***

- Act as a mentor for your lower-level friends with the new Mentoring system!
    - New treasure is available for solo players and small groups.
    - Grouping made even better with reduced shared debt.
    - Solo and small group XP increased even more, especially for players over level 30.
    - Artisans can let buyers know they're available with the new /LFW (looking for work) tag.
    - Quest coin and experience rewards have been increased.
    - Friends and guilds can now share housing more effectively.
    - Experience a new level 50 raid battle in The Deserted Mine.
    - Enjoy a new solo instance in the Commonlands: Valley of the Rogue Magi.

*** Mentoring ***

- Act as a Mentor for your lower level friends with the new Mentoring system!
    - When you right click a lower level group member, you will see an option to Mentor them.
    - Selecting "Mentor" will set your level to that of your lower level friend, and you will operate at the same effective level as your groupmate.
    - The Mentor and Apprentice will receive experience, loot, and quest credit as if the Mentor were the same level as the Apprentice. Mentors, be sure to revisit any of those quests or locations that you may have missed along the way!
    - The Apprentice will receive an experience bonus while under the guidance of a Mentor. Up to 5 other players can act as a Mentor for a single player at the same time (each increasing the experience bonus).
    - Mentors receive viable amounts of experience and advance toward their actual level while mentoring, though at a slightly reduced xp rate.
    - All of your gear will scale with you. You don't have to go out and get different gear to mentor friends of different levels.
    - While you are mentoring, you can use any of your abilities that you would normally have at that level. 
    - You can select "Stop Mentoring" if you wish to stop acting as a Mentor to your ally. If the Mentor or Apprentice leaves the group, the Mentor will go back to their original level.

*** Solo and Small Group Loot Improvements ***

- All solo and small group encounters in the following zones have the chance to drop improved treasure: Antonica, Commonlands, Nektulos Forest, Thundering Steppes, Orcish Wastes, Enchanted Lands, Rivervale, Feerrott, Everfrost, and Lavastorm.
    - It will be easier to collect sets of armor and accessories from certain types of creatures. A solo creature that drops one armor type is likely to drop armor pieces of the same type. A creature that drops accessories is likely to drop more accessories.
    - More loot! You will now see more items of various levels drop in the world than before.
    - There is now greater variance in the loot type and volume that normal solo creatures will drop and the loot that advanced solo creatures will drop.
    - Encounter drops are now separated by the high and low levels for each zone. For example, level 12 solo encounters in Antonica will drop level 10-14 appropriate gear, spells, and recipes. A level 16 solo encounter in Antonica will drop level 15-19 items.
    - Progressive solo population has been added to Enchanted Lands, Orcish Wastes, and Thundering Steppes.

*** Increased Solo and Small Group XP ***

- Solo and small group experience has been increased again to further enhance the solo/small group game. Players over level 30 will especially notice an increase in solo and small group experience gain.

*** New Zones ***

- New Level 50 Raid Zone: The Deserted Mine can be entered from the Orcish Wastes. Protect the Coercer you find within, or who knows what might happen.
    - New Solo Instance: Valley of the Rogue Magi can be found in the Commonlands. Encounter elementals, gargoyles, skeletons, zombies and more within.

*** Looking for Work (/lfw) ***

- Artisans can now let other players know they are willing to take crafting requests with the /lfw command.
    - Using /lfw works much like the /lfg (looking for group) tag. Players can perform a "/who lfw" command and find artisans willing to take crafting requests.
    - Players can also search for a specific profession, such as "/who carpenter" for a list of Carpenters who are online or "/who lfw alchemist" to get a listing of Alchemists currently flagged as looking for work.

*** Gameplay ***

- We have reduced the percentage of debt shared by group members.
    - Gaining Swimming skill now increases your swim speed.
    - Encounter behavior has been changed such that if an encounter breaks and would have reset (and respawned the same encounter), it will now check if it was overpowered or overmatched and, if not, it will instead unbreak and become a viable target for a short period of time.  If the encounter is killed successfully during that period of time, players will receive all of the original encounter bonus and some portion of the loot.
    - The time required to camp out has been reduced from 30 seconds to 20 seconds.
    - If a player was kicked from a guild while offline, their spendable guild status points would be lost once they rejoined a new guild. This should no longer occur.
    - Encounters should no longer break if your pet lands the final blow on a wild dog in The Sprawl.
    - All group members in the same zone when a guild is created should automatically receive an invitation to join it.
    - A pop-up message will now let players know that they must use their boat tickets before camping or leaving the zone.
    - Flying mounts should no longer have a random orientation when they first start flying.
    - Fixed an issue that was sometimes preventing an encounter from ever resetting after being broken.

*** Housing ***

- Players can now share housing more effectively.
      - Items marked NO TRADE can be placed in a house by Trustees or the Owner.
      - All NO-TRADE items placed in a house remember who placed them and can only be picked up by that player. 
      - The house Owner and any Trustees can move any NO-TRADE items placed in the house.
      - The house Owner can destroy NO-TRADE items not owned by them.
      - NO-TRADE items already placed in houses before the update are treated as follows:
        - If items with identical names are found in the house, the first 4 items of the same type are set to NO OWNER.
        - NO OWNER house items cannot be picked up until they are claimed. The "pickup" menu item is replaced with a "claim ownership" menu item for these items.
        - After the first 4 identical items are set to NO OWNER, all subsequent items of the same type are automatically owned by the house Owner.
        - If the Owner of the house wishes to claim all NO OWNER items, that character can use the command /house_own_all to do so.
        - If the Owner of the house uses the "Collect Contents" button, they will NOT pick up NO OWNER items, they must explicitly claim those items using the right click menu or /house_own_all.
        - Example: A house contains 3 "Know your Gnolls" books and 12 Simple Forges.  All 3 "Know your Gnolls" books become NO OWNER and can be claimed by any Trustee or the house Owner. 4 of the Simple Forges become NO OWNER and can be claimed by any Trustee or the house Owner. 8 of the Simple Forges are automatically owned by the house Owner and can only be picked up by that character.

*** Zones and Population ***

- The number of fishing spots in many outdoor zones has been reduced, making way for other harvestable resources.
    - The success and failure boat timers for the following zones have been set to 25 minutes: Orcish Wastes, Enchanted Lands, Everfrost, The Fanged Sea, and Lavastorm.
    - The Windstalker Rumbler should no longer break the encounter when attacked.
    - The restrictions placed on zoning into Blood Skull Valley have been lessened: Players can now enter with 1-24 people instead of 12.
    - Modifications have been made to The Malevolent Knight in the Freeport Graveyard.
    - Some modifications have been made to the Drayek event in Icebound.
    - More elder hawks have been spotted near their nesting grounds in Thundering Steppes.
    - Lower level deer should no longer roam in the higher level areas of Thundering Steppes.
    - All solo encounters within A Pirate's Hidden Stash, The Rumbler Caves, and An Open Grave should now be of the correct difficulty.
    - Rognon the Angler should no longer spawn twice in the same instance.
    - Zoning out of the Crypt of Vox will now allow you to arrive in a safer location.
    - Evacuating the dungeon instances in the Thundering Steppes and the Enchanted Lands should now take you to the dock area of those zones.
    - Wildlife in front of the gnoll towers in the Thundering Steppes will no longer break the encounter when attacked.
    - Advanced solo creatures in the Thundering Steppes will now be aggressive toward travelers.
    - Gurk Strongarm will be found within the mill in Orcish Wastes more often.
    - A typo in the name of some lizardman encounters in the Feerrott has been fixed.

*** Quests ***

- Quest coin and experience rewards have been increased from this day onward. The experience increase will be especially noticeable in non-repeatable quests that are of a lower level than your character. You'll want to complete any quests that you may have missed during your journeys in Norrath.
    - Books providing details on the Norrathian calendar can now be found in each city's library.
    - All items that initiate a quest have been changed to NO-TRADE.
    - Fixed an issue that would sometimes prevent players from starting the Feerrott access quest.
    - Logan Belchbottom's "Lost Friend in Fallen Gate" can now be completed by those who outleveled the quest after receiving it.
    - An item used in "Far Seas Supplier - Elven Attack" can now be obtained in order to complete the quest.
    - The "Nektulos Creature Cataloging" quest will now require players to seek out "a dusk dart" instead of "a voracious bleeder".
    - The quest "A Foul Wind" can now be found under the "Access" category.
    - The quest "The Idol of Fear" can now be found under the "Access" category.
    - "The Treaty For Treasure" quest can now be found under the "Access" category.
    - Players should now be able to complete "Fresh Samples", even if they've already outleveled the quest.
    - Tome quests in Obelisk of Lost Souls and Serpent's Sewer should now have a quest category added to them.
    - A new version of "Children's Rhymes" has been added. Please note, the original version in a player's quest journal will remain unaltered.
    - Permafrost tome quests will now be listed in the appropriate section of the quest journal.
    - Taskmaster Deldrin's dialogue has been clarified.
    - The "Karnath the Forgotten" quest in Thundering Steppes should now be easier to complete.
    - Added the correct quest category to item and tome quests in Serpent's Sewer if they previously lacked them.
    - Added the correct quest category to item and tome quests in Obelisk of Lost Souls.
    - The target for the "Wanted Gnoll Bandit!" quest has been changed to a darkpaw raider.

*** City Sabotage ***

- Some Sabotage quest objects in South Qeynos, West Freeport, South Freeport, North Freeport, East Freeport have been relocated.
    - An inaccurate quest detail with "Towers of Stone" has been corrected.
    - "a wandering cow" has been renamed to "an infected cow".

*** Items ***

- Prismatic weapons now have improved damage/delay and more effective procs.
    - Merchants no longer sell items related to Erollisi Day.
    - Heritage items are now NO-TRADE and NPC merchants desire to get their hands on these rare items.
    - The Inscribed Wooden Staff no longer has a typo in its name.

*** Spells and Combat Arts ***

- Assassin changes:
      - Slip Away should now function correctly and its description has been clarified.
      - Assassin's Mark should now function correctly.
      - Torment is now called Assassin: Torment to prevent confusion with the Inquisitor and Coercer versions of this art.
    - Bard changes:
      - Denon's Deafening Strike will now share a reuse timer with Quick Strike.
    - Berserker changes:
      - Press will now appear in the maintained spells window.
      - Rupture will now appear in the maintained spells window.
      - Tides of War will now appear in the maintained spells window.
      - Bloodlust is now called Berserker: Bloodlust to prevent confusion with the Fury version of the art.
    - Brigand changes:
      - Lurk and Craven Walk will now place a reactive feign death effect on the Brigand. The reactive effect will take place the next time the Brigand is damaged.
      - Maddening Shot will now reduce the target's power.
      - Low Blow and Dirty Blow have had their growth levels adjusted.
      - Plead for Mercy now has an Apprentice IV quality spell effect.
      - Waylay should now have an appropriate description reflecting that it has a chance to stun the enemy.
      - Cuss Apprentice IV should now have the appropriate spell effect.
      - Bum Rush now has the chance to interrupt your opponent.
    - Bruiser changes:
      - Roughhouse Apprentice IV will now decrease deflection appropriately.
    - Cleric changes:
      - Redoubt should now display a grammatically correct message when cast.
    - Coercer changes:
      - Demoralizing Gaze should now function correctly.
      - Bewilder's prose text should no longer have any grammar errors.
      - Torment is now called Coercer: Torment to prevent confusion with the Inquisitor and Assassin versions of this spell.
      - Mind's Eye, Dreadful Thoughts, and Consuming Thoughts have had their power reduction reduced to be more in line with that of Illusionists.
    - Conjurer changes:
      - Vexation can now be upgraded.
      - Flameshield will now do Heat damage instead of Divine damage.
      - Geotic Brand's buff effects will no longer fluctuate after zoning.
      - Provocation and Vexation now tick at the proper interval.
      - Fiery Doom will now appear in the maintained spells window.
      - Flaming Agony will now appear in the maintained spells window.
      - Spiked Rain will now appear in the maintained spells window.
      - Aqueous Hunters now has a more water-based visual effect.
      - Aery Stalker now has a more air-based visual effect.
      - Rockslide's examine information no longer redundantly indicates that it "Casts Rockslide."
    - Defiler changes:
      - Degeneration, Atrophy, Contamination, Suppuration, Loathsome Seal, Tierbold's Pestilent Miasma, and Mizzmog's Sallow Degradation now correctly debuff stamina.
      - Baleful Countenance's description has been changed to reflect that it has a fear proc.
    - Dirge changes:
      - Wail of Woe now deals mental damage.
    - Druid changes:
      - Elemental Amending should now give the appropriate resistances.
      - Vigor now displays the appropriate text message when cast.
    - Fury changes:
      - Call of the Hunt now provides an out-of-combat run speed increase.
      - Feral Pulse will now transform the target into a ghost lion instead of a wolf. It should also correctly affect all nearby members of your group.
      - Toxic Quills should now function as intended.
      - Feral Tenacity now has an appropriate visual effect.
      - Seizing Brambles should now function correctly.
      - Bloodlust is now called Fury: Bloodlust to prevent confusion with the Berserker version of this spell.
      - Dooming Swarm will now appear in the maintained spells window.
      - Deadly Swarm will now appear in the maintained spells window.
    - Guardian changes:
      - Ruin and Ferocious Charge will now do slashing damage over time appropriately.
      - Anchor Apprentice IV now has an attack speed decrease.
    - Illusionist changes:
      - Construct of Order, Construct of Light, and Basten's Construct of Light will no longer remove maintained effects.
      - Dismay will now appear in the maintained spells window.
      - Speechless will now appear in the maintained spells window.
      - Unsar's Endearing Splendor's prose has been modified to reflect its intended functionality.
      - Devitalizing Stare has had its power regeneration reduced slightly.
    - Inquisitor changes:
      - Scolding Alleviation will now affect the entire group.
      - Dogmatic Healing will now provide a minor attack speed increase.
      - Oppression and Torment now correctly debuff stamina.
      - Oppression now appears in the maintained spells window.
      - Fanatical Reverence's description now indicates that it increases damage per second rather than attack speed.
      - Reproach is now called Inquisitor: Reproach to prevent confusion with the Swashbuckler and Templar versions of this spell.
      - Torment is now called Inquisitor: Torment to prevent confusion with the Assassin and Coercer versions of this spell.
    - Monk changes:
      - Everburning Flame had its duration increased to 15 minutes.
    - Mystic changes:
      - Fallacy had a spelling error in its prose that has been corrected.
      - Delusion, Fallacy, Chimerik, Cry of the Ancients, Howl of the Ancients, and Kelian's Curse of Spirits now correctly debuff stamina.
    - Necromancer changes:
      - Revivication can now be used to resurrect your allies.
      - Zarvonn's Vitae Gorge was changed so it deals damage over time and heals over time as well. The spell should also show up in the maintained spells window.
      - Terror no longer stuns the caster while the fear spell is in effect. This should remove the "Interrupted!" message that was being displayed.
      - Pestilential Blast and Skinrot will now debuff your opponent correctly.
      - Boon of the Lifeless and Words of the Wicked now tick at the proper interval.
      - Grisly Mark, Horrific Mark, and Nevagon's Pestilential Mark now correctly debuff stamina.
      - Accursed Cloud will now appear in the maintained spells window.
      - Breath of the Unearthed will now appear in the maintained spells window.
      - Opal's Aggravating Seal now shares a reuse timer with Agitation.
    - Predator changes:
      - Hann's Quick Stab will now share a reuse timer with Quick Strike.
      - Elaa's Relentless Ambush will now share a reuse timer with Ambush.
    - Priest changes:
      - Courage had its prose file updated to reflect the chance to proc Blessed Weapon.
    - Ranger changes:
      - Steady Aim had its duration increased to 15 minutes.
      - Natural Selection will now deal AoE damage.
      - Longshank will now stealth the Ranger on a successful hit.
      - Huntsman's Trap should now snare an attacker if it successfully damages the Ranger.
      - Survival of the Fittest now correctly debuffs stamina.
      - Miracle Shot and Miracle Arrow will now grow to the appropriate levels.
    - Rogue changes:
      - Hager's Befuddling Strike will now share a reuse timer with Quick Strike.
      - Snoop will now display flavor text within the chat window.
      - Smuggler's Talent will now display flavor text within the chat window.
    - Scout changes:
      - Escape no longer displays its rank, as it is not upgradeable.
      - Quick Strike will now share a reuse timer with Hann's Quick Stab, Denon's Deafening Strike, and Hager's Befuddling Strike.
      - Ambush will now share a reuse timer with Elaa's Relentless Ambush.
    - Shadowknight changes:
      - Tainted Caress and Cursed Caress should again allow for the creation of Tainted Essences.
      - Grim Harbinger should now function correctly and will provide a message in the chat window.
      - Infernal Pact should now proc correctly.
      - Tainted Sacrament no longer overwrites maintained spells.
      - Grim Harbinger should now function correctly and will provide a message in the chat window.
    - Shaman changes:
      - Eliania's Salve of the Spiritist had a text error in its chat message. This has been fixed.
      - Sorel's Withering Limbs now correctly debuffs stamina.
    - Summoner changes:
      - Agitation now ticks at the proper interval.
      - Buffs applied to a pet will no longer remain after the pet owner leaves the group.
      - Essence Shift and Bloody Ritual will no longer cause your pet to run toward you.
    - Swashbuckler changes:
      - Disheartening Guile should now work correctly. It now has a 6 second duration and decreases your opponent's crush, slash, and pierce mitigation.
      - Cat's Paw now has a 20 second duration and should work as described.
      - Flash of Steel now interrupts and reduces the agility of your target at a reduced hate level.
      - Brazen Thrust should now work correctly. The knockback effect has also been changed to an interrupt.
      - Dexterous Slashing's description has been modified to reflect the functionality of this combat art.
      - Swarthy Distraction's reactive hate proc will no longer cost power when it triggers.
      - Ambuscade's knockback effect has been changed to an interrupt.
      - Razor Edge now has a stun effect.
      - Frigid Blast now drains your opponent's power. Its description also indicates that the ability requires a bow rather than any ranged weapon.
      - Bootleg's description has been changed to reflect that it gives an enhanced movement speed. Its duration has also been changed to 15 minutes.
      - Dazzling Shroud should now work correctly.
      - Feigned Bravado's description has been clarified and its duration has been increased to 15 minutes.
      - Bladeweaver will now correctly lower hate production. Its description now indicates that the art gives Stamina rather than Strength.
      - Bladeweaver and Dexterous Slashing agility buffs now stack with each other.
      - Lie in Wait should now function correctly. When stealth is broken, the Swashbuckler's strength should increase and the attacker should be mesmerized.
      - Reproach is now called Swashbuckler: Reproach to prevent confusion with the Inquisitor and Templar versions of this art
      - Watery Shot's description now indicates that the ability requires a bow rather than any ranged weapon.
      - Hamstring's description now indicates that you must be behind or flanking the target to perform this ability.
    - Templar changes:
      - Reproach is now called Templar: Reproach to prevent confusion with the Swashbuckler and Inquisitor versions of this spell.
    - Troubador changes:
      - Lore's Magniloquent Roust now works as described.
      - Exquisite Shrill now correctly debuffs stamina.
    - Warden changes:
      - Sylvan Embrace will now affect all group members within 10 meters of the caster.
      - Benison of the Wild is now an upgrade to Blessing of the Wild as intended.
    - Warlock changes:
      - Bellengere's Sapping Salvo has received the same upgrades as Dark Distortion.
      - Heneva's Viral Blast now has the same icon as Noxious Bolt.
      - Devastation had its reuse timer adjusted to 45 seconds.
    - Wizard changes:
      - El'Arad's Custodial Warding can now be canceled via the spell window.
      - Concurrence can now be canceled via the spell window.
      - Fiery Pulse has a new description and icon to reflect that it is a heat-based spell.

*** Traits, Traditions, Tactics, and Training ***

- Erudite: Summon Wisp will now be on its own reuse timer and will not prevent you from summoning a normal pet.
    - Barbarian: Cold Retribution now appears in the maintained and spell effects windows.
    - Half Elf: Tend Wound had a minor grammar error that was fixed.

*** Heroic Opportunities ***

- Shower of Daggers should now have the correct proc effect. Its description has also been corrected.
    - Soldier's Instict's prose has been corrected.
    - The following Heroic Opportunity buffs can now be canceled via the spell effects window:
      - Crucible of Life
      - Inspiring Piety
      - Scholar's Insight
      - Resonating Cascade
      - Divine Nobility

*** Tradeskills ***

- Removed lower level refined and interim products that tradeskill merchants were selling. Bread, pasta, and a packet of spices will still be sold because these items are used through every level range.
    - Fuels used in tradeskill production will now display which tier they are best suited for in their examine text.
    - Examining a recipe should now show exactly what type of fuel is required for that recipe.
    - Recipes for shurikens have been added to Artisan Essentials Volume 8, Outfitter Essentials Volume 18, Weaponsmith Essentials Volume 21, Weaponsmith Essentials Volume 31, and Weaponsmith Essentials Volume 41.
    - Increased the number of charges on poisons and potions that were previously missed.
    - The events that occur during production of ebon plates have been changed to heavy armoring instead of weaponry.
    - The examine text on poisons will now display the maximum number of times that the poison can trigger before it fades from your weapons.
    - Doubled the effectiveness of Reduce Heat.
    - Modified high grade honey to allow for pristine item production.
    - Changed the descriptions of Stain, Laminate, Enamel and Glaze to indicate that durability is reduced rather than power.
    - Wash recipes have been added to Apothecary recipe books.
    - Thread recipes have been removed from Apothecary recipe books.
    - Several totem recipe descriptions have been corrected.
    - Apothecary, Weaving, Timbercraft and Geomancy reaction arts are now granted at the appropriate levels.
    - The Vigor of Trust spell recipe has been added to the appropriate scholar volumes.
    - Several Provisioner recipes have had their levels adjusted to match the level of the  book they came from.
    - Certain crafted containers that did not previously show up on merchant sell lists will now do so.
    - Feyiron Plate and Feyiron Ring recipes were contained in both Armorer Essentials Volume 29 and Volume 30. The duplicate recipes have been removed from Volume 30.
    - Pristine and Crude Alder Bookcases now have the correct appearance.
    - Recipes for shurikens have been added to Artisan Essentials Volume 8, Outfitter Essentials Volume 18, Weaponsmith Essentials Volume 21, Weaponsmith Essentials Volume 31, and Weaponsmith Essentials Volume 41.
    - Tin Hunting Arrows will now produce in a higher quantity per combine than before.
    - Merchants should now sell the following fuels: Walnut Kindling, Mulberry Kindling, Cherry Kindling, Hickory Kindling, Mesquite Kindling
    - Refine recipes contained within Apothecary recipe books now use the Thaumaturgy Technique and Apothecary Knowledge.
    - The level and difficulty of the Blackened Iron Arrow Head recipe has been corrected.
    - Worked shallots should no longer be edible.
    - The durability of the worked quality Strengthened Leather Strap has been increased to the appropriate level.
    - Blinding Strike Apprentice IV is now named Eye Rake Apprentice IV since it scribes that spell.
    - The extra copies of the Iron Bar recipe have been removed from Geomancy Essentials Volume 10.
    - The extra copies of the Iron Plate recipe have been removed from Geomancy Essentials Volume 10.
    - The extra copy of the Burlap Thread recipe has been removed from Weaving Essentials Volume 10.
    - The extra copy of the Burlap Yarn recipe has been removed from Weaving Essentials Volume 10.

*** Commands, Controls, and User Interface ***

- The Community window will now allow you to sort your friends by whether they are online or offline. There is now a checkbox that allows you to toggle only showing friends who are currently online.
    - There is now a message in the chat window letting you know when an NPC spell has been interrupted.
    - Chat window tabs will now number themselves more logically. A tab can never be given a blank title.
    - Combat start and stop messages will now go to the proper chat filter.
    - Chat updates for skill increases should now match the on-screen message.
    - Examining an item involved in a quest should now correctly close the dialog box after being put away.
    - Attempting to swap an empty bag with a full bag should no longer destroy the empty bag.
    - The location for the graveyard icon on the Commonlands map was updated to be more accurate

*** Art ***

- Made some improvements to riders floating above horses.

*** Audio ***

- Tradeskill device cues should now be easier to hear.
    - You can again change the speaker type from within the game.
    - Added "/playsound " which plays 2d sounds locally.
      - This is to support user sound modifications--It lets users trigger any sounds locally for testing/script feedback.
      - Users can modify sounds by placing properly named wav files into /ui/sounds or /ui//sounds
      - The UIBuilder documentation has an initial list of these wav files.

*** UI Files Modified ***

eq2ui_community.xml

Here are  a few additional items that are currently on the Test server that didn't make it into the original update notes:

*** Zones and Population ***

- The mariner's bell in Nektulos that allows players access to the Enchanted Lands should now have the correct name.
    - The reentry timer into the Cove of Decay has been fixed. Players should now be able to reenter the zone after two hours.
    - A reentry timer has been added into Miragul's Menagerie.
    - A reentry timer has been added into Icespire Summit.
    - The reentry timer into the Trembling Lagoon has been fixed. Players should now be able to reenter the zone after four hours.
    - The reentry timer has been fixed for Zarvonn's Tower.
    - Players attempting to access Heroic or Solo zones from Thundering Steppes, Orcish Wastes, or Enchanted Lands should now be able to make the choice much easier.
    - The mouse over text into instance zones in Thundering Steppes, Orcish Wastes, and Enchanted Lands has been modified.
    - Some inconsistently leveled NPCs in the Rumbler Caves have been set to an appropriate level.
    - A reentry timer has been added to Drayek's Chamber.
    - The reentry timer into the Vault of Flames has been modified.
    - Ruins of Varsoon: Chamber of Immortality now has a reentry timer on it.
    - The "overgrown bed of greenslade" should now be spelled correctly in the Feerrott.

*** Quests ***

- "The Fate of Fleshripper" should now update properly.
    - The "Gut Ripper" quest will now need to be completed in order.
    - The "Double-Plated Breastplate" quest will now need to be completed in order.
    - The "Black Horn Ring" quest will now require players to harvest a Crimson Clay Pebble instead of mud stones.
    - Players should now be able to complete the "A Mission for Midia" quest.
    - Dialog issues with the "Of Spars and Sails and..." quest have been corrected.

*** Sabotage Quests ***

- Players should now be able to interact with buckets in Qeynos.
    - Quests will now be completed properly when returning to Gol M'Tun.
    - Several sabotage quest items have been renamed in order to stay consistent with the requirements of the quest.
    - "Sabotage: The Furious Cows" quest is now listed in the Sabotage category.
    - "Sabotage: Halt the Expansion" quest should now be working correctly.
    - "Sabotage: Sealed Lips" quest should now be working correctly.
    - Interactive objects involved in the Sabotage quest series can now only be interacted with once.
    - NPCs that are a part of the Sabotage Quest system should no longer offer quests to players without showing the offer window.

*** Items ***

- Delacar's Axe of Savagery uses the correct two handed weapon animation now.
    - Bruise Forger Cestus now references the Fists damage type rather than Slash.
    - Some "turtle" related items (turtle meat, etc) had vials for icons; these are now fixed and appropriate.
    - Some tooltips that mentioned "talbard" have been corrected to "tabard".

*** Spells and Combat Arts ***

- Berserker changes:
      - Coup de Grace's description has been modified.
    - Coercer changes:
      - Psychic Wail's effects now match its description.
    - Conjurer changes:
      - Tellurian Recruit and Pandrus' Tellurian Hero now share timers.
    - Fury changes:
      - Feral Salve had a grammar issue that was corrected.
    - Inquisitor changes:
      - Scolding Alleviation had a grammar issue that was corrected.
      - Intolerant Healing had a grammar issue that was corrected.
      - Cleansing Flames had a grammar issue that was corrected.
      - Zealotry had a grammar issue that was corrected.
      - Zealot's Conviction had a grammar issue that was corrected.
      - Dogmatic Healing had a grammar issue that was corrected.
    - Necromancer changes:
      - Cloak of the Venril: The lifetap damage shield will now work properly.
      - Grisly Brace: The spell description has been modified.
      - Rending Frenzy had a grammar issue that was corrected.
    - Paladin changes:
      - Divine Vengeance now grants strength.
    - Warden changes:
      - Stacking issues between Blessing of the Wild, Benison of the Wild, Protection of the Seasons, and Blessing of Oak have been corrected.

*** Tradeskills ***

- Added recipes for the creation of Arcane Concerto and Noxious Concerto.
    - Many recipe names were fixed to better match the name of the product being created.

Think I made my point.  Dont be crying about SoE making you pay for content.  They have allready given us a ton for free, and they will continue to do so monthly.  They listen to their players!  They post regularly on there forums and have recently opened forums for future expansions/adv packs so we can give our input on what we would like to see, the players.

Heres a post made just yesterday by a SoE Designer.  Does a certain other MMoRPG give this kind of response? Theres so much posts from the staff working on EQ2 at SoE's HQ, that the official eq2 forums have 4 different trackers to sort through them. Dev, Moderator, International, and Website.

They keep the players informed , they care about us.  They themselves are players, dont forget about that.

"I'll answer the questions about quest rewards the best that I can.

-  We are working on a way to retroactively reward quest items to quests which either had broken rewards or were missing their reward by the time they made it to live servers and some people completed those quests.  There are several ways in which we can do this and I'd like to find the best and most reliable method for doing so.  Some are easier to do than others, and right now the method we like best will take some time to implement.  We've taken steps to try and make sure that new quests do not make it to live without their rewards anymore.

- Yes, the coin rewards have been increased for all adventure quests in the game.  As of the next update that will go live.  There are several reasons for this decision and we knew it might upset some people who have completed large amounts of quests within the game.  The change was mostly in response to looking at the state of the economy within the game and adjusting quests to have a larger income for adventurers when most items have become attuned and unable to be sold to other players once used.  The area in which we could most easily increase the monetary gain by adventurers was through quests.  If you were an adventurer who did large numbers of quests previously you likely had a larger number of items that you sold to other adventurers and gained the difference in that manner.  We would be unable to check every quest on every player against the old reward, the new reward, and see if the item that was gained was sold to another player and how much that gained the questing character.

We will also continuously add more quests to the game with each update.  There will be new quests all the time and some of the older quests will actually leave the world never to return.

- Yes, the experience is being increased for quests.  This however, mostly affects the post subclass level quests (20+).  This will not affect the experience values of those who have already completed the quests, but it does increase all quests completed from that day forward.  We realize this may make it slightly faster for newer players to gain levels from questing, but it does affect the higher level older players at the same time.  The majority of the new quests added to the game are also in the 20+ range.

- Adding status value to all quested furniture items would reduce the desirability of faction gained furniture and tradeskilled furniture.  This is not to say that some significant quest items will not have status added to them (if they do not already have it) but we have to be careful that we don't ruin the market for crafters and guilds.  Very often the quested furniture items cannot be gained any other way.  They have a unique appearance even if they do not have any status deferment.

- We understand that those who pioneered the quests in the game with discoveries and first completions may feel this is unfair, it's not our intention to make anyone feel this way.  We are attempting to preserve the long term health of the game and especially the quest system, if everyone suddenly gained large amounts of money or experience it can still have detrimental effects.  Those who wanted to betray might find themselves past the level they can start the quest.  Someone who wanted to experience a particular zone might gray everything out.  Changes in other areas of the game in items and with the upcoming mentoring system are what prompted these changes in the quest system, those changes did not exist before this point and the quest changes are in preparation or reaction to them to balance the overall game. 

To address some other concerns I've seen on the boards:

- Collection quests will be moved out of the quest journal and into a system of their own.  We realize that some people fill half their journal with the collections and this was never the intention of the collections.

- Many of the Tome quests are going to have both their rewards and the quests themselves updated and modified.  When we do this we will allow the quest to be redone and the previous version will still count towards your quest total.

Thanks very much for everyone's comments and concerns on this board.  I hope this post answers some of the questions that have arisen from all the changes happening and give some of the reasons behind the intention of the updates.

Jason Roberts aka. Dymus

Design Supervisor, EverQuest II"

Shrug.. those who naysay it try the free trial. What do you have to lose?  Stop letting people spoon feed you false information. Only YOU can decide what you like, so give it a go FREE, and if its not for you, so be it.

IF you dont care, and are set in your ways , shrug - its your loss. The game really is deep w/ content.
    Thats a great post but 90% of it is fixes. 

I think I was trying to show people the CONTENT added, and that its FREE.  Sure, they fix bugs. 

Thats not a bad thing tho ;) Each month we get just as long if not longer, of content additions/bug fixes/what have you.  I like WoW for the only reason that it pushes EQ2 to be even better month by month. 

Thank You Blizzard.

• VideoJockeyVideoJockey Member UncommonPosts: 223

I think what a lot of you are overlooking is that SOE will be releasing traditional expansion packs. The adventure packs are just throwing a bone to the powergamers who think they have seen and done everything already. Personally, as a 30 shadowknight/26 tailor, I have seen less than half of the game world(maybe less than a third).

Will I pay the $5 for the adventure pack? Yes.

Will I do it now? No, I'll wait until I take advantage of all the free content available first.

*** Headlines ***
    - Act as a mentor for your lower-level friends with the new Mentoring system!
    - New treasure is available for solo players and small groups.
    - Artisans can let buyers know they're available with the new /LFW (looking for work) tag.
    - Experience a new level 50 raid battle in The Deserted Mine.
    - Enjoy a new solo instance in the Commonlands: Valley of the Rogue Magi.

*** Mentoring ***
    - Act as a Mentor for your lower level friends with the new Mentoring system!
    - When you right click a lower level group member, you will see an option to Mentor them.
    - Selecting "Mentor" will set your level to that of your lower level friend, and you will operate at the same effective level as your groupmate.
    - The Mentor and Apprentice will receive experience, loot, and quest credit as if the Mentor were the same level as the Apprentice. Mentors, be sure to revisit any of those quests or locations that you may have missed along the way!
    - The Apprentice will receive an experience bonus while under the guidance of a Mentor. Up to 5 other players can act as a Mentor for a single player at the same time (each increasing the experience bonus).
    - Mentors receive viable amounts of experience and advance toward their actual level while mentoring, though at a slightly reduced xp rate.
    - All of your gear will scale with you. You don't have to go out and get different gear to mentor friends of different levels.
    - While you are mentoring, you can use any of your abilities that you would normally have at that level. 
    - You can select "Stop Mentoring" if you wish to stop acting as a Mentor to your ally. If the Mentor or Apprentice leaves the group, the Mentor will go back to their original level.
    *** New Zones ***
    - New Level 50 Raid Zone: The Deserted Mine can be entered from the Orcish Wastes. Protect the Coercer you find within, or who knows what might happen.
    - New Solo Instance: Valley of the Rogue Magi can be found in the Commonlands. Encounter elementals, gargoyles, skeletons, zombies and more within.
    *** Looking for Work (/lfw) ***
    - Artisans can now let other players know they are willing to take crafting requests with the /lfw command.
    - Using /lfw works much like the /lfg (looking for group) tag. Players can perform a "/who lfw" command and find artisans willing to take crafting requests.
    - Players can also search for a specific profession, such as "/who carpenter" for a list of Carpenters who are online or "/who lfw alchemist" to get a listing of Alchemists currently flagged as looking for work.
    *** Quests ***
    - Books providing details on the Norrathian calendar can now be found in each city's library.

*** Audio ***
     Added "/playsound " which plays 2d sounds locally.
      - This is to support user sound modifications--It lets users trigger any sounds locally for testing/script feedback.

*** Tradeskills ***

- Added recipes for the creation of Arcane Concerto and Noxious Concerto.

After editing all the bug fixes and changes to stuff that was already in the game this is your new list of "New Content".
  • MalakaiMalakai Member Posts: 147
    Not doing well. LOL.  No, like the news from the EQ 2 site that Niteshadow pasted shows, EQ 2 is doing very well for themselves.  WoW may have got out of the gates quick but their lack of listening to their customers is going to eventually hurt them.   Sony has been very good about listening to their EQ 2 customers and making the necessary changes that their fans want.  Alot of free content and improvements have been added since the game has been launched with much more to come image 

Originally posted by Kunou

Thats great, but where is your $14.99 a month going? Its definately not for content, that costs extra.

Its milking of the players, everyone knows it.  I hope this idea fails becuase if not, everyone else will be doing it.   From what i can tell, EQ2 is not doing that well the way it is.  This might just be the "instant bonus" cash flow that they need.